• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Undead rabbit
    started a topic Bloodlines 2 delayed to 2021

Bloodlines 2 delayed to 2021

https://www.vg247.com/2020/08/11/vam...-2-2021-delay/
    Bad sign. Development must be a mess. We do not even know if It will be out in Q1,Q2 or Q3.
    Last edited by Undead rabbit; 08-11-2020, 09:57 AM.

• elmerg
    replied
    Originally posted by Spencer from The Hills View Post

I expect VTMB2 is taking liberties in a similar sort of way to VTMB1 so that the mechanics are relevant to situations that can easily be simulated in an action CRPG..
    They straight up said this in the first interview about Bloodlines 2, where they talked about it and V5 being build simultaneously, and that they weren't beholden to mimicking the TTRPG exactly, and were doing things that fit the action RPG style of Bloodlines.

Leave a comment:

• zahana
    replied
    Originally posted by Grumpy RPG Reviews View Post
    I bet you a minor boon that the currently untitled VtM battle royale / mortal kombat game will be released before Bloodlines 2 is released.

I've nothing to support this theory except my own pessimism.
    Hmm, a game that has been delayed multiple times vs a game studio's first release. That's a bit of a toss-up for me.

Leave a comment:

• Grumpy RPG Reviews
    replied
    I bet you a minor boon that the currently untitled VtM battle royale / mortal kombat game will be released before Bloodlines 2 is released.

I've nothing to support this theory except my own pessimism.

Leave a comment:

• Spencer from The Hills
    replied
    Originally posted by MyWifeIsScary View Post
    Also old hats mix their knowledge up; I recall a recent spat where a v5 writer told me thin bloods can learn normal disciplines in v5.
    They sort of can. One of the Thin-Blood merits, "Discipline Affinity", allows them to learn a discipline at out of clan costs.

I expect VTMB2 is taking liberties in a similar sort of way to VTMB1 so that the mechanics are relevant to situations that can easily be simulated in an action CRPG. For example, Thaumaturgy is planned to have three powers: some sort of magic missile that siphons blood, a blood purge effect and boiling blood to the point that the victim's body explodes. This is loosely based on the Path of Blood, which is much like V5's Blood Sorcery core, and probably more directly based on VTMB1 Thaumaturgy. It skips identifying properties in blood and lowering one's generation to the straight forward combat spells. The clan weaknesses have also been written specifically for this game, like how VTMB1 Toreador gained and lost humanity faster, although I don't think they're posted on the website.

Leave a comment:

• CTPhipps
    replied
    ^I have no idea what that means.
    That it's mostly faithful but doesn't interfere with gameplay?

Leave a comment:

• MyWifeIsScary
    replied
    ^I have no idea what that means.

Leave a comment:

• CTPhipps
    replied
    Well, hopefully Bloodlines 2 is as much V5 as Bloodlines was Revised.

Leave a comment:

• MyWifeIsScary
    replied
    The Story of V5 is one thing. A lot of V5's story -could- work. There's a few things that are really, really bothersome, but the broad strokes can be made to function.
    The Mechanics however, have a lot of huge retcons that impact the story: The way thinbloods work, the way the beast works, the way disciplines work, the way elders work, the nature of magic.

Pen and Paper games aren't like Halo; we can't seperate the game's mechanics from the lore so easily. Halo is a game where the pistol does more damage than the assault rifle, but we know that's just a gameplay choice and it doesn't impact the story. B2 is a video game, so it is kinda like Halo, but that doesn't give it all the leeway. If we're chosing between Blink and Traversal, that's very much a -game- thing, but If we're using inceptor disciplines that you level up, we're using something that V5 has retconned out of existence, and it becomes a story thing.

So, I don't think this game will be purely V5. And the old creative lead was obviously someone who loved the other editions. I remain apprehensive because it's difficult to guess how much is actually v5. Also old hats mix their knowledge up; I recall a recent spat where a v5 writer told me thin bloods can learn normal disciplines in v5.
    Last edited by MyWifeIsScary; 10-21-2020, 06:30 PM.

Leave a comment:

• CTPhipps
    replied
    You make it sound like that's a small thing. That's not a small thing. If I'm not mistaken, they're doing something that completely refutes a v5 retcon.

V5 powers are a lot harder to translate into a computer game format. Are you really so sure this will be the only thing?
    I'm not sure what you mean but they've talked extensively about the Second Inquisition and the Tremere being newcomers in the city as well as refugees since their headquarters was destroyed.

Also, the focus on Resonance to increase your stats.

Leave a comment:

• MyWifeIsScary
    replied
    You make it sound like that's a small thing. That's not a small thing. If I'm not mistaken, they're doing something that completely refutes a v5 retcon.

V5 powers are a lot harder to translate into a computer game format. Are you really so sure this will be the only thing?

Leave a comment:

• CTPhipps
    replied
    Also.

I thought B2 was using pre-v5 disciplines. The player is playing an inceptor, and they can develop their unique power.
    When I read up on thin bloods in V5, it looks like they can't put xp into disciplines, they just have alchemy and a dot of discipline from the last resonance they took.
    It's V5 except for Thin Bloods because it's hard to put alchemy into the game.

There's Resonances, the diablerie rule, and other stuff from V5 but you get your own Discipline as a Thin Blood.

Leave a comment:

• MyWifeIsScary
    replied
    Also.

I thought B2 was using pre-v5 disciplines. The player is playing an inceptor, and they can develop their unique power.
    When I read up on thin bloods in V5, it looks like they can't put xp into disciplines, they just have alchemy and a dot of discipline from the last resonance they took.

Leave a comment:

• CTPhipps
    replied
    Thinbloods are Caitiff.
    Diablerizing into a clan would make sense if all caitiffs did that, but they don't and never have. I suppose we're now in a setting where diablerie gives you clan weaknesses too?
    A Thin Blood who diablerizes a real vampire becomes a member of that vampire's Clan or Bloodline. If he's 14th, 15th, or 16th generation they become a 13th Generation Nosferatu or Malkavian or whatever.

A Caitiff does not become one of those because they're real vampires.

Elders fear thin bloods because religion... That's enough reason. But I suppose since 'gehenna' turns out to not be quite the ordeal it was promised to be they'd need a new reason to fear thinbloods. Or maybe they can still fear the 'real' gehenna. Hmmm...
    Elders fear the young because both of them are cannibals. Elders will eventually begin mass diablerie of the young because of the Methuselah's thirst and the young will kill Elders for their sweet-sweet blood.

Also, aren't we working under the assumption that thinblood alchemy exists *shudders* and that it goes away when you become full blooded? It seems to me than In V5 you absolutely do not want to diablerize ever because potency comes with a lot of inconvenience and little benefits, each diablerie comes with less rewards and increased risks. Now you get a clan who will murder you for eating your way in? Fuck that. Caitiff are the secret master race; their only weakness is a lack of family support and a lot of jealousy.

Too me, this all looks like "If we commit enough wrongs we'll eventually make it look right!"
    The part of the page says a Thin Blood will either have to choose to become part of mainstream Kindred society, which requires diablerie, or live forever as a half-vampire.

And why would a clan murder you? You have claimed the Blood via the rights of the Camarilla.

Mind you, I suspect that different tables handle differently. I've been at tables that treat diablerie as something no vampire would ever tolerate among themselves. That it is the ultimate crime and any vampire whose done it is a permanent outcast or hunted. Other tables where it is something you just don't speak about. Personally, at my table, I think every Elder is guilty of it unless they've started at a very low generation. Diablerie is something you need to do if you're a 12th or 13th generation vampire working to survive to become an 8th or 9th level Elder. You do the deed as sanctioned by the Prince or Baron and pretend you didn't but people will accept your new generation.

It's like the mob.

Obviously, other people's tables will be different. Then again, I'm a huge Sabbat fan and think the Camarilla is every bit as bad, just more polite about it.

How do you handle diablerie in your games?
    Last edited by CTPhipps; 10-21-2020, 05:41 PM.

Leave a comment:

• MyWifeIsScary
    replied
    Thinbloods are Caitiff.
    Diablerizing into a clan would make sense if all caitiffs did that, but they don't and never have. I suppose we're now in a setting where diablerie gives you clan weaknesses too?

Elders fear thin bloods because religion... That's enough reason. But I suppose since 'gehenna' turns out to not be quite the ordeal it was promised to be they'd need a new reason to fear thinbloods. Or maybe they can still fear the 'real' gehenna. Hmmm...

Also, aren't we working under the assumption that thinblood alchemy exists *shudders* and that it goes away when you become full blooded? It seems to me than In V5 you absolutely do not want to diablerize ever because potency comes with a lot of inconvenience and little benefits, each diablerie comes with less rewards and increased risks. Now you get a clan who will murder you for eating your way in? Fuck that. Caitiff are the secret master race; their only weakness is a lack of family support and a lot of jealousy.

Too me, this all looks like "If we commit enough wrongs we'll eventually make it look right!"

Leave a comment:

Working...
X