• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Undead rabbit
    started a topic Bloodlines 2 delayed to 2021

Bloodlines 2 delayed to 2021

https://www.vg247.com/2020/08/11/vam...-2-2021-delay/
    Bad sign. Development must be a mess. We do not even know if It will be out in Q1,Q2 or Q3.
    Last edited by Undead rabbit; 08-11-2020, 09:57 AM.

• Spencer from The Hills
    replied
    Originally posted by MyWifeIsScary View Post
    Eh, bloodlines melee combat wasn't too bad.
    I stress this point. In other fantasy action games, especially those in which it's important to be aware of damage per second, combat feels like those scenes from one of the middle seasons of South Park when Cartman tried to murder Kyle with a wiffle bat: chipping away at a health bar to no other effect besides maybe progressing onto another phase of that fight. The way characters got flung around in VTMB1 was often ridiculous, but very much appropriate for potence.

Leave a comment:

• MyWifeIsScary
    replied
    Originally posted by Pleiades View Post
    regular swords shouldn't appeal to vampires imo, potence use would normally bend or break such weapons

plus, swords don't remain straight,
    vampires with better eye sight will be bothered by the sword's constantly jiggling around,
    not very elegant,
    I imagine they would think the same about gun bullets arching with gravity

better get some claws, flawless in their design
    Look at this savage right here. Surprised he can use a keyboard without poking holes through it.

In my mind, Physical disciplines tell newton's laws to get bent, or at least they interact in ways that would entice study. Potence isn't -actual- strength it's movie super-strength; You can punch through a wall without recoil destroying your arm or sending you flying away... Thus, with swords, it allows them to do improbable shit like cut through steel and the like.

Also if we were to consider "Realistic" combat, burning blade>>>> Feral claws because reach is just such a powerful advantage.

Leave a comment:

• Pleiades
    replied
    regular swords shouldn't appeal to vampires imo, potence use would normally bend or break such weapons

plus, swords don't remain straight,
    vampires with better eye sight will be bothered by the sword's constantly jiggling around,
    not very elegant,
    I imagine they would think the same about gun bullets arching with gravity

better get some claws, flawless in their design

Leave a comment:

• MyWifeIsScary
    replied
    Eh, bloodlines melee combat wasn't too bad.
    Gunplay, on the otherhand; total garbage.

For me at least, Guns>Swords, and I like swords, but the idea that -vampires don't take to guns- is silly buffy stuff. The real reason for vampire to prefer melee over guns should be because guns are REALLY FUCKING LOUD AND DRAW A LOT OF ATTENTION and also Potence turns swords into lightsabers.

edit; also if you take this second inquisition malarky seriously they're going to be using full auto shotguns, not swords.
    Last edited by MyWifeIsScary; 12-06-2020, 06:23 AM.

Leave a comment:

• DrHappyAngry
    replied
    Originally posted by CTPhipps View Post
    Well making a next generation console version because they missed the window before release is at least understandable.
    I'm more concerned about the due to staff turnover part, since it was supposed to be close to done, that they're going to muck with Mitsoda's work. I mean of course when you pull the main people working off of it there's turn over. I do feel like if Paradox hadn't intervened it could have shipped in Q1. Although it does annoy me that they'd delay the PC release for consoles hardly anybody can buy due to scalpers picking up most of them. I mean seriously, just get it out there and port it to next gen after and come up with a way to transfer saves like other companies are doing. I do feel like the delay to rework the combat was a legitimate delay to avoid the jankiness the first game was plagued with and 15 years of fan patches still haven't fixed, but am concerned it's going to ruin the one person who lended an air of legitimacy to the sequel's vision for the game.

Leave a comment:

• CTPhipps
    replied
    Well making a next generation console version because they missed the window before release is at least understandable.

Leave a comment:

• DrHappyAngry
    replied

Now I'm wondering what's happened given that the game was finished in its main quest in March.
    In all fairness they did state they were reworking the combat for delay back in March, which was kind of janky and outdated if you saw the early videos. I'm more worried the changes with further delays might be stamping on Mitsoda's work now that they're pushing it further back. I was more hopeful that they couldn't muck with the story too much if they wanted the game out right away, but pushing it out further raises concerns that they're going to bring in more drastic alterations to the story.

Leave a comment:

• Dwight
    replied

Now I'm wondering what's happened given that the game was finished in its main quest in March.
    The article states it's a combination of reworking the game for newly released consoles and staff dropouts.

Leave a comment:

• CTPhipps
    replied
    Originally posted by Undead rabbit View Post
    The game will not be relased in the first half of 2021

https://www.vg247.com/2020/12/05/vam...-release-2021/

Leave a comment:

• Undead rabbit
    replied
    The game will not be relased in the first half of 2021

https://www.vg247.com/2020/12/05/vam...-release-2021/

Leave a comment:

• elmerg
    replied
    Originally posted by Spencer from The Hills View Post

I expect VTMB2 is taking liberties in a similar sort of way to VTMB1 so that the mechanics are relevant to situations that can easily be simulated in an action CRPG..
    They straight up said this in the first interview about Bloodlines 2, where they talked about it and V5 being build simultaneously, and that they weren't beholden to mimicking the TTRPG exactly, and were doing things that fit the action RPG style of Bloodlines.

Leave a comment:

• zahana
    replied
    Originally posted by Grumpy RPG Reviews View Post
    I bet you a minor boon that the currently untitled VtM battle royale / mortal kombat game will be released before Bloodlines 2 is released.

I've nothing to support this theory except my own pessimism.
    Hmm, a game that has been delayed multiple times vs a game studio's first release. That's a bit of a toss-up for me.

Leave a comment:

• Grumpy RPG Reviews
    replied
    I bet you a minor boon that the currently untitled VtM battle royale / mortal kombat game will be released before Bloodlines 2 is released.

I've nothing to support this theory except my own pessimism.

Leave a comment:

• Spencer from The Hills
    replied
    Originally posted by MyWifeIsScary View Post
    Also old hats mix their knowledge up; I recall a recent spat where a v5 writer told me thin bloods can learn normal disciplines in v5.
    They sort of can. One of the Thin-Blood merits, "Discipline Affinity", allows them to learn a discipline at out of clan costs.

I expect VTMB2 is taking liberties in a similar sort of way to VTMB1 so that the mechanics are relevant to situations that can easily be simulated in an action CRPG. For example, Thaumaturgy is planned to have three powers: some sort of magic missile that siphons blood, a blood purge effect and boiling blood to the point that the victim's body explodes. This is loosely based on the Path of Blood, which is much like V5's Blood Sorcery core, and probably more directly based on VTMB1 Thaumaturgy. It skips identifying properties in blood and lowering one's generation to the straight forward combat spells. The clan weaknesses have also been written specifically for this game, like how VTMB1 Toreador gained and lost humanity faster, although I don't think they're posted on the website.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X