[DA20] Help developing Lithuanian Kraina for Koldunism

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [DA20] Help developing Lithuanian Kraina for Koldunism

So, I'm playing a Telyavelic Tremere in a Dark Ages: V20 campaign and he was recently instructed in Koldunic Sorcery. Now, based on the rules for how Koldunism works your first Krain is always one connected to your homeland, but there aren't any of them written for Lithuania where the Telyavs come from. As such, I need help coming up with this because Lithuanian mythology is kind of scarce and I'm not especially creative when it comes to developing something out of almost nothing. So I'd appreciate some help.

If anyone can come up with some interesting and useful abilities based on Lithuanian folklore and myths, that would be awesome. Currently the best idea I have is that you could channel the aspects of certain gods in order to live out parts of their myths, such as channeling Saule(the sun god) to escape confinements based on when she was freed from imprisonment by Telyavel. That's the only idea I've actually come up with so far.

Any help is appreciated, seriously

Koldunai means dumpling in lithuanian.

As a Telyav, you'd stick to normal sorcery (ie thaumaturgy) especially if you wanted to use pagan themes (might i suggest the god of bees for power inspiration) Dumpling sorcery is less about faith and more about Geography, and lithuania has really bland geography.

Freedom is the freedom to say that two plus two make four. If that is granted, all else follows.

Comment

Took another look through the Kraina and you make a good point, it really is more about the land than anything else. It doesn't make any sense to build a Koldunic path on the mythology at all. And yeah, the geography of Lithuania is really boring, there's nothing there to really work with except maybe the concept that the geographical centerpoint of Europe is within its borders, but that alone isn't enough to build a sorcery path around.

I'm just gonna abandon the Koldunic Sorcery.

Comment

Originally posted by CarnivalCash View Post
        Took another look through the Kraina and you make a good point, it really is more about the land than anything else. It doesn't make any sense to build a Koldunic path on the mythology at all. And yeah, the geography of Lithuania is really boring, there's nothing there to really work with except maybe the concept that the geographical centerpoint of Europe is within its borders, but that alone isn't enough to build a sorcery path around.
        I don't know, while there are no tall mountains & such the Curonian sounds interesting to me and there are also a number of lakes & wetlands too, no? Any marshes or swamps maybe? i remember reading something about peat bog fires...

But yeah, based on my quick search of th wiki, the land is mostly wide plains smoothed over by millenia of glaciations - what can offer fun ideas in a "high road to the lords of winter/Frozen meets Whitewalkers" sort of imagery too, i guess.

Also, folkloric underpinings could make sense for a Kraina if said legendry touches on natural/elemental/weather aspects of the region. Land does not have to limit itself to literal landmarks or topography.

Just some quick thoughts of mine, don't know if it helps, but hope you have fun at least.
        Last edited by Baaldam; 09-16-2020, 01:09 AM.

Comment

Working...
        X