Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To quote 'Blood magic':

Originally posted by Blood Magic Secrets of Thaumaturgy pages 33&
    Blood magicians seek to draw upon the inherent potency of the fluid known as vitae — the mystical essence of blood. What most mortals fail to realize is that blood in and of itself holds no power. In its purest form, blood magic is actually drawing on the power of life itself; blood is nothing more than a conduit. Mere blood sacrifices cannot draw forth the life-energy contained within; that feat is quite possibly beyond the practical ability of mortal magicians. On rare occasions, a mortal practitioner may have succeeded in doing so, but such instances are only flukes and almost never reproducible.

Kindred, on the other hand, through their very nature feed on this power. The Embrace imbues the vitae with mystic energy. Kindred draw upon this energy to maintain their existence. This same vitae that makes it possible for us to suspend death opens the door to blood magic.

Comment

But what does that actually mean for feeding? What's the practicality of such knowledge? Can I feed from a guy one point, once a day, and expect him to be fine, or do I need to wait for her blood to recover properly in 4-6 weeks. It's all well and good to say "Ho Ho Ho we're really feeding on the life force and not the blood" but what does that mean for people who aren't navel gazing and instead want to figure out how to make an efficient herd they can rely on exclusively?

The Tremere aren't the perspective. The Ventrue are, or perhaps a Tzmisce or Malkavian, or perhaps someone with anything exotic in the basement. Lets say my Ventrue feeding type is painfully restrictive, like I can only feed from pedophile priests and thus I need to collect them because there's near zero chance I can find them roaming the streets by luck unless i move to the vatican, or humourously relevant, like I can only feed on prisoners or people in care homes or current coma patients.

Freedom is the freedom to say that two plus two make four. If that is granted, all else follows.

Comment

Originally posted by MyWifeIsScary View Post
        Lets say my Ventrue feeding type is painfully restrictive, like I can only feed from pedophile priests and thus I need to collect them because there's near zero chance I can find them roaming the streets by luck unless i move to the vatican, or humourously relevant, like I can only feed on prisoners or people in care homes or current coma patients.
        you keep your blood spending and embraces to a minimum,
        the camarilla and the ventrue clan are organized with those limitations in mind

as for feeding,
        hopefully, you, or your sire, or a ventrue in your local ventrue circle, have ties to a church, or owns a private prison or care home to arrange the feeding,
        even if there are no pedophile priests around, dominate can fix that,
        if there are no coma patients, just beat someone into a coma

shouldn't be a problem in the Cam,
        in the sabbat however, with the need for blood, the lack of tradition, the competition and the frequent embraces...it's gonna be a problem,
        and it shows, Ventrue antitribu are rare in the sabbat

still, you can still feed on your packmates or other sabbat in your diocese,
        they'll be probably reluctant to share their blood, but as a ventru antitribu, you are probably an examplar worthy of their trust...right?

alternatively, look for cainite prostitutes, check out the local cathari church to arrange for some nice blood in exchange for money, service or information

-

Comment

Working...
        X