Damaging Objects/Object Damage in V5

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Damaging Objects/Object Damage in V5

While I know there's the Physical Feats chart, I haven't been able to find any rules on damaging objects with an attack. How would you handle breaking/knocking over a sturdy stone or marble pillar such as those used in the exterior of the Parthenon? Also, how much damage would you assign to successfully knocking over a large object, such as one of those pillars or a large stone statue the size of Michelangelo's David (17 feet tall and weighs more than 12,000 pounds), onto an opponent?
    Last edited by Archasimos; 08-30-2020, 07:59 PM.

I’m a writer. A storyteller. They’re my passions. They’re what I do. The stories I tell, they are my mythologies. Like the Norse tales of Odin, Thor, and Loki, or the Celtic fables of Lugh or Cú Chulainn, I want them to be the kind that people retell. They are the legacies I wish to leave behind.

I would assign it a difficulty and check against the Feats of Strength chart in the appendix, which tells the strengths needed to lift and/or break stuff.

As far as damage, maybe treat the item as 'falling' and so it inflicts its damage equal to its falling damage it takes.

Comment

You could use an extended roll, using a difficulty based on the thoughness of the object and a target margin based on the size.

Comment

Working...
      X