No announcement yet.

Favorite Clans and Why

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I also like the Malkavians, for the whole madness, outsider, and outcast aspect of theirs. It's telling that many Vampires don't exactly want to be on the same team as the Malkavians, but at the same time they don't want the Malkavians to be on the opposing team. Also, their Discipline spread (whether with Dementation or Dominate, though I prefer Dominate) is really sweet - they are the only Clan with no physical Discipline. (there are also Tzimisce and Setites, but Vissicitude and Serpentis are inclined towards the physical, as opposed to the clearly otherworldly Disciplines of the Malkavians) The Malkavians' Disciplines lend so well to a trickster, spy, or scout (during wartime) archetype.

There are also the True Brujah. Somehow their Discipline spread of Presence, Temporis, Potence seems to be the most vampiric to me. Covers a lot of bases - social attunement, temporal might, and otherworldly powers. It is nice that Temporis is said to flow from the very nature of Vampires as undead. I also like the fact that their Weakness can easily be interpreted as not a weakness at all, but a blessing. Aren't they freed from the burden of emotions, having a clear state of thoughts no matter the circumstances?
    Last edited by Muad'Dib; 09-06-2020, 01:07 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Konigheim Horror View Post
      It's telling how powerful NPCs (like Odin and his childer) will simply ignore how that Clan actually works.
      Many Gangrel NPCs are a prominent example of writers not taking the rules seriously. Surely many old Gangrel (andeven some newly made) should have experienced frenzies and thus show some prominent bestial traits. At least some prominent ones should be mentioned in their description. There have been a few NPCs where this has been highlighted - Echidna and Canis come to mind - but overall, their weakness is seen as something of an obstacle the writers don't want to deal with and thus often ignored. In Werewolf, the Curse and the effects of Rage is another thing many writers ignore.

In contrast, every gaming group I've seen has treated the Gangrel weakness seriously - probably because everyone is intensely aware of their own clan's specific weakness and expect to see it played out.

Comment

There used to be a high-level Fortitude power that just noped the Gangrel clan curse. It was why there was many elders that just don't show ay signs of it. Nosferatu that learned it died messily. Leading to some speculation as to why the Gangrel curse doesn't seem to stick as hard as some of the others.

Comment

Originally posted by Black Fox View Post

Many Gangrel NPCs are a prominent example of writers not taking the rules seriously. Surely many old Gangrel (andeven some newly made) should have experienced frenzies and thus show some prominent bestial traits. At least some prominent ones should be mentioned in their description. There have been a few NPCs where this has been highlighted - Echidna and Canis come to mind - but overall, their weakness is seen as something of an obstacle the writers don't want to deal with and thus often ignored. In Werewolf, the Curse and the effects of Rage is another thing many writers ignore.

In contrast, every gaming group I've seen has treated the Gangrel weakness seriously - probably because everyone is intensely aware of their own clan's specific weakness and expect to see it played out.
          Agreed. Made even worse by how the few "animalistic" features such Gangrel show (long hair and nails, feral expressions etc.) is something ANY vampire falling below the Humanity threshold could have. Low Humanity vampires are supposed to be low-key corpselike and unsettling to mortals.

Comment

My fav Clans are the ones that go full posthuman (like the Tzmiche, Gangrel, Lasombra, Setties, Gargoyals etc) and the ones with prominate pre-christian cultures (some of the previous but also Lhinnian, Dark Ages Ahrimanes, Anda ect). My fav Sect is the V20 Tal'Mehe'Ra.

Comment

I have to say Kiasyd. I'm a sucker for Fae/Changeling WoD so any chance to have a connection with that is a great thing. They also have my favorite discipline set, as anyone with necromancy mytherceria and obtenebration is terrifying to most kindre-... well most anything.You can summon/command wraiths and use all the broken necromancy powers. Become a hentai death machine with little trouble. AND use mytherceria to shut down any combat. Period. Or you could use it IN combat to have them ponder the riddle while you kill them.

Comment

Working...
              X