Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CTPhipps View Post

Ehh, Mages use that definition.

Spirits are just jumped up dream parasites.

Worshiped by wannabe Klingons like Werewolves. They are unworthy of the title of god, unlike the glory of TZIMISCE.
    ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

Did you know there was a Byzantine emperor whose surname was Tzimisce?

โ€œNo one holds command over me. No man, no god, no Prince. Call your damn Hunt. We shall see who I drag screaming down to hell with me.โ€ The last Ahrimane says this when Mithras calls a Blood Hunt against her.

Comment

Why isn't Baba Yaga more powerful than an Incarna? because Antedeluvians consider it worth playing whole games of faking their death and shit to upgrade to Incarna status. Tzim and Lasombra on are the cusp of Incarna status. Cappy failed at his gambit for it.. and Saulot is still working things out.. of course he also has a step two after "Become yama King" and that's "Become Demon Emperor"

Conversely Ravana who was a fourth gen may have transcended Baba Yaga by becoming a Yama King.

Being a Vampire for all their "godly" status limits you. That's why the truly powerful stop being vampires. They become the Abyss. Or Vis or Madness... That's Incarna level power. Baba Yaga... is still recognizably a vampire.

Comment

Originally posted by Lian View Post
        Why isn't Baba Yaga more powerful than an Incarna? because Antedeluvians consider it worth playing whole games of faking their death and shit to upgrade to Incarna status. Tzim and Lasombra on are the cusp of Incarna status. Cappy failed at his gambit for it.. and Saulot is still working things out.. of course he also has a step two after "Become yama King" and that's "Become Demon Emperor"

Conversely Ravana who was a fourth gen may have transcended Baba Yaga by becoming a Yama King.

Being a Vampire for all their "godly" status limits you. That's why the truly powerful stop being vampires. They become the Abyss. Or Vis or Madness... That's Incarna level power. Baba Yaga... is still recognizably a vampire.
        Very good points

โ€œNo one holds command over me. No man, no god, no Prince. Call your damn Hunt. We shall see who I drag screaming down to hell with me.โ€ The last Ahrimane says this when Mithras calls a Blood Hunt against her.

Comment

Most of the vampires who claim to be gods are full of BS but some are likely legit. For example, Set is probably just who he claims to be. Keep in mind there is an ancient ghost in the Underworld who claims to be Osiris. And according to him, his brother Set killed him. And that brother Set is the same Set who's a vampire. And he has a son named Horus who came back as a mummy. And Horus claims that that ghost named Osiris is the legit Osiris and that the vampire Set is his uncle and the legit Set. And you have others, such as the god Anubis or the Cult of Isis. It would be pretty easy for Osiris or Horus to say, "That vampire claiming to be Set? He's a fraud, that's not my brother/uncle. He's just stealing the name." But they both seem to be under the impression that Set is actually their relative of the same name.

It's possible everyone is lying about their names and relationships with one another and none of them are who they claim to be or related to each other, but at a certain point I just throw up my hands and figure that it's more plausible that this is the same group of people discussed in Egyptian mythology rather than the idea that this group of people are lying and backing one another one another's claims while clawing at each other's throats.

Of course that's not to say that Set is a "god" god, just that Set was really powerful, people worshiped him like a god, and his relationship with his brother, and nephew and others served as the origin for Egyptian mythology. So he's not an actual deity, but ancient Egypt's myths were about him.

Comment

When I'm the storyteller, Set actually IS a god, and the vampires he created (whether through curses, priests petitioning him to raise the dead, etc.) are unrelated but mechanically equivalent to the vampires of other clans. I haven't decided whether all the rest are related and truly descended from Caine, or Lilith, or if there are multiple origins for vampires and the Caine myth is just something that was adopted as an origin story in the last few thousand years. Hell, maybe Tzimisce arrived on a spaceship that crashed in the Antarctic!

Comment

Originally posted by Matt the Bruins fan View Post
              When I'm the storyteller, Set actually IS a god, and the vampires he created (whether through curses, priests petitioning him to raise the dead, etc.) are unrelated but mechanically equivalent to the vampires of other clans. I haven't decided whether all the rest are related and truly descended from Caine, or Lilith, or if there are multiple origins for vampires and the Caine myth is just something that was adopted as an origin story in the last few thousand years. Hell, maybe Tzimisce arrived on a spaceship that crashed in the Antarctic!
              I admit, I take a more Neil Gaiman-esque approach that makes the matter even more bizarre.

Set is a 3rd generation vampire.

Osiris is a wraith.

Horus is a Mummy.

All three of them inspired a myth and dream so powerful that it created Incarnae in the Umbra of incredible power that were retroactively always in existence and the real gods worshiped by mortals.

Perhaps even resulting in Set, Horus, and Osiris being named after them.

It's why Demons from D:TF hate dealing with mages because the mages argue that they can simultaneously predate the universe, be billions of years old, and also the products of the dreams of a small group of Semitic peoples that eventually became very popular.

Werewolves know it's best to just kill mages for this.

Changelings, by contrast, would just find the concept self-obvious...which is why no one likes Changelings.
              Last edited by CTPhipps; 09-06-2020, 06:19 PM.

Author of Cthulhu Armageddon, I was a Teenage Weredeer, Straight Outta Fangton, Lucifer's Star, and the Supervillainy Saga.

Comment

CTPhipps I like your idea.

Comment

This might be a good time to point out that at least to the Garou, Sutekh is a god. Moreover, he is to the WRITERS of W:tA.

In the Times of Judgement scenario dealing with the fall of the Silent Striders, he's called a god-vampire and a godling by the text, in what looks to be the "if it's that powerful we might as well call it a god," approach.

Comment

I admit, I take a more Neil Gaiman-esque approach that makes the matter even more bizarre.

Set is a 3rd generation vampire.

Osiris is a wraith.

Horus is a Mummy.

All three of them inspired a myth and dream so powerful that it created Incarnae in the Umbra of incredible power that were retroactively always in existence and the real gods worshiped by mortals.

Perhaps even resulting in Set, Horus, and Osiris being named after them.
                    In other words, the first WoD Crossover chronicle in history, and it ended up with all the players hating each other and splitting up to do their own thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Konigheim Horror View Post
                      In other words, the first WoD Crossover chronicle in history, and it ended up with all the players hating each other and splitting up to do their own thing.
                      Its even funnier if you remember Isis was a Mage and, yes, maybe some of the others were Pooka.

(More like Egyptian Tuatha De Daanan that are to Pooka what Methuselahs are to Thin Bloods)

Originally posted by Konigheim Horror View Post
                      This might be a good time to point out that at least to the Garou, Sutekh is a god. Moreover, he is to the WRITERS of W:tA.

In the Times of Judgement scenario dealing with the fall of the Silent Striders, he's called a god-vampire and a godling by the text, in what looks to be the "if it's that powerful we might as well call it a god," approach.
                      In terms of "Pokemon Fights", the Garou have defeated manifest Incarnae as well as the Eater of Souls.

The Silent Striders LOST to Set.

They also weren't the ones to take down (if taken down she was) Baba Yaga.
                      Last edited by CTPhipps; 09-07-2020, 03:53 AM.

Author of Cthulhu Armageddon, I was a Teenage Weredeer, Straight Outta Fangton, Lucifer's Star, and the Supervillainy Saga.

Comment

Konigheim Horror, CTPhipps I totally agree with you guys ๐Ÿ˜‚

Comment

Changelings, by contrast, would just find the concept self-obvious...which is why no one likes Changelings.
                          No one likes changelings because they start the cycle. Some Donkey pooka starts sucking blood and kills his brother and suddently it all gets out of hand and like 500 years later there's vampires and a religion.. Pooka pranks are serious. Its why Every god has an animal. Its why Jesus is the Lamb of God. Sheep pooka was all "hey I'm going to convince people to murder int eh name of pacificism!"

Comment

No one likes changelings because they start the cycle. Some Donkey pooka starts sucking blood and kills his brother and suddently it all gets out of hand and like 500 years later there's vampires and a religion.. Pooka pranks are serious. Its why Every god has an animal. Its why Jesus is the Lamb of God. Sheep pooka was all "hey I'm going to convince people to murder int eh name of pacificism!"
                            OMG thatโ€™s too funny! ๐Ÿ˜‚

Comment

In terms of "Pokemon Fights", the Garou have defeated manifest Incarnae as well as the Eater of Souls.

The Silent Striders LOST to Set.

They also weren't the ones to take down (if taken down she was) Baba Yaga.
                              Yet somehow Set is Dead as of Modern times. My take on that was they did kill him.. he just pulled off the ultimate "FUCK YOU" to the striders. A lose Lose. situation.

Comment

Yet somehow Set is Dead as of Modern times. My take on that was they did kill him.. he just pulled off the ultimate "FUCK YOU" to the striders. A lose Lose. situation.
                                A friend of mine had two theories on Set's death:

A:] Jesus killed him

B:] Set is Jesus

B would mean he's also the God Emperor of Mankind from Warhammer.

Comment

Working...
                                X