X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• V20 - Advanced Diablerie in Guide to Tal mahe Ra

Hello foks,
    Here I come again to Ask for your help.
    My party and I are going Crazy trying to figure out how much dots you gain from the Diablerie using the new system presented in V20 Guide to Tal Mahe Ra.

I readed It many times and I honestly think It Is written in an obscure way: i am not able to Understand the math behind the final Number of discipline dots.

Did any of you guys figure It out? How does It work?

Thank you in Advance!

gonna throw it out there that i think everyone should use v1 diablerie rules. The rules in the G2TMR are... lunacy? How to break a party in all the ways you can.
    (v1 rules: gain a dot of gen and roll humanity for murder.) also cannibalism turning into accounting...

Freedom is the freedom to say that two plus two make four. If that is granted, all else follows.

Comment

Originally posted by MyWifeIsScary View Post
      gonna throw it out there that i think everyone should use v1 diablerie rules. The rules in the G2TMR are... lunacy? How to break a party in all the ways you can.
      (v1 rules: gain a dot of gen and roll humanity for murder.) also cannibalism turning into accounting...
      Thank you for your thought about the Ratio behind the rule, noted. Are you also able to correctly Understand and apply It or you Just "feel" in your Bones and gut that the rule breaks the party? I really would like to Understand the mechanic! XD

Comment

Add up all the Discipline dots the victim has and the diablerist doesn't have. Divide the result in half, rounding down. That's how many new dots the diablerist gets. For example:

Victim with Celerity 4, Fortitude 2, Potence 5
        Diablerist with Celerity 5, Fortitude 1, Potence 2

Celerity doesn't count. Victim has +1 Fortitude dot and +3 Potence dots, so 1 + 3 = 4. Divide in half, we get 2. Diablerist gains two dots. GM could give the diablerist +2 Potence or +1 Fortitude and +2 Potence.

I've used Guide's rules in my games and liked it quite a lot. It gives incentive to commit diablerie beyond gaining generation. The sole PC in my current game to commit diablerie, in fact, was lower generation than her victim. Knowing she'd gain Disciplines was the sole reason she diablerized him rather than just killed him.

If you're concerned about PCs gaining too many Disciplines, cap the amount they can gain by (victim's vitae per turn). Or in V5 parlance, (victim's Blood Potency). You're probably only going to see PCs gain a gonzo amount if they diablerize gonzo-powerful elders. And if they can pull that off... well, let's not forget the book had rules for victims potentially possessing their diablerists too. All power with a price.
        Last edited by False Epiphany; 09-11-2020, 04:33 PM.

Blood and Bourbon, my New Orleans-based Vampire chronicle.

Comment

If I have fortitude 5 and you eat me with fortitude 3, we take your discipline (the diablerists disciplines) away from my disciplines (the victim's disciplines) This gives us with two dots of Fortitude. We do that for all the disciplines we have (not blood magic) We half the total result, Assuming we both only had Fortitude, you get one dot of fortitude in the end.

If I had five fortitude and you had nothing, you'd get two dots of fortitude (The rules say round down)
          If I had five of every discipline and you had nothing, you'd get two dots of everything.

But there's more!

You (the diablerist) gets to chose how to allocate things!
          So, If I had five dots of Fortitude and Five dots of Obfuscate, and you ate me having neither, you would have four dots (Half of 5=2.5, we round down to 2, there are two 2's to make four dots) You could give yourself level 4 obfuscate or level 4 fortitude on the spot. The Caveat here is that you can't buy something I didn't have, so if you have four dots to spend, you can't spend them all on Celerity.

The smart thing is to eat outside your clan. Toreador should eat Nosferatu, Malkavians should consume Brujah and then round it off with a Gangrel...

It's not as bad as V5's diablerie system, but you don't have to put much thought into how it could go wrong.

Freedom is the freedom to say that two plus two make four. If that is granted, all else follows.

Comment

Also the possession rules encourage players to pack on cheesy amounts of willpower (Anything less than 10 is a sin!), start with many dots in generation and then eat down rather than up. They're very biased in favour of the victim (surely being eaten should give you more of a disadvantage no?)

Comment

Thank you for the reply guys! Now It makes more sense, language and sentence's construction they used in the book was really hard to understand for us!
              So basically in TC my mate Just diablerised Octavius (poor Anatole!) and we had to figure It out how many dots he got in the process.

Cool, thanks again both of you guys!
              Last edited by WuZaolover; 09-11-2020, 08:30 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by WuZaolover View Post
                Thank you for the reply guys! Now It makes more sense, language and sentence's construction they used in the book was really hard to understand for us!
                So basically in TC my mate Just diablerised Octavius (poor Anatole!) and we had to figure It out how many dots he got in the process.

Cool, thanks again both of you guys!

Anatole can find another crazy 6th gen to munch i'm sure, worry not.

Comment

Working...
                X