Obtenebration or Oblivion?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by trueann View Post

With her age and experience, she easily can join Camarilla's Inner Circle.
    as if age mattered in V5,
    the Prince of New York is a neonate, the Prince of Mexico is a fledgeling, and the first Lasombra Primogen is a year old...a year old

Originally posted by elmerg View Post

Why wouldn't it be? As we have said, time and again, V5 does NOT retcon large swathes of the game lore. It really only ignores the Gehenna material, which was already optional.
    V5 and BJD

the Mexico story got retconed, Nahualli, Ravnos and kuei-jin have disappeared,
    it's enough retcon to mess me up, since the wiki is not fully updated
    Last edited by Pleiades; 09-19-2020, 03:10 PM.

-

Comment

Originally posted by elmerg View Post

Why wouldn't it be? As we have said, time and again, V5 does NOT retcon large swathes of the game lore. It really only ignores the Gehenna material, which was already optional.
      It does though. Things Somewhat Relevant to this thread:

-The Lasombra are completely different vampires. Different weakness, different disciplines, no paths of enlightenment which were ever so popular with the clan.
      -The Abyss now has a concrete location. All those Abyss mystics yawning for a realm outside of creation, all those fears of unkowable horror, all that fear of infernalism that the darkness may be? Utter wank; Those fools were playing the game wrong. Delving into Abyss mysticism in V5 would strip you of humanity lickety split.
      -Age matters not-at-all and low generation comes with just as much flaw as merit.
      -The Lasombra somehow got half their number into the camarilla despite the Viniculum that they were all subject to. The Viniculum, by the way, is a ritual that provides a multi-way diluted blood bond that ensures loyalty to the others in the Vauldrie. That's like, the primary reason why the sabbat have the viniculum (Yes, it pushes off conventional blood bonds, but that's not why the Sabbat do it every week)
      -The Brujah were meant to be loyal, their thing was always "yeah it seems like we might give up membership because all the anarch neonates but we'd never do that because we're not all children and we're used to disagreeing with ourselves and some of us will not screw things up for all of us". The Brujah leaving and the Lasombra taking their place is... shortsighted to say the least; A gross misunderstanding of both clans to approach what I want to say

And with this cavalier attitude to the game's lore, can you really blame anyone for fearing more "large swathes of the game lore' getting retconed?

Freedom is the freedom to say that two plus two make four. If that is granted, all else follows.

Comment

Originally posted by trueann View Post

With her age and experience, she easily can join Camarilla's Inner Circle.
        Maybe if Montano is in torpor. He's been a member of the Camarilla since its founding, hasn't he? I'm pretty sure that if he's not an official member of the Inner Circle, they at least pay a LOT of careful attention to anything he says about sect policy, particularly regarding his own clan.

Comment

We know Montano is not in torpor because you can write fanmail to him. There's a whole loresheet about it
          That said, Montano doesn't strike me as a guy who'd want to be part of the Camarilla's Inner Circle anyway. Lasombra's children both one-upped their father. Gratiano was as ambitious as [Lasombra], but he knew when to quit and retire a winner. Montano is doggedly loyal and just not ambitious at all. It's just [Lasombra] who always overplays his hand and ends up a fool.
          Last edited by Kammerer; 09-21-2020, 03:28 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt the Bruins fan View Post

Maybe if Montano is in torpor. He's been a member of the Camarilla since its founding, hasn't he? I'm pretty sure that if he's not an official member of the Inner Circle, they at least pay a LOT of careful attention to anything he says about sect policy, particularly regarding his own clan.

Oh, I forgot about Montano, because he disappeared after events of Lasombra Trilogy in my headcanon

Comment

By the way, Gratiano haven't been mentioned in V5 yet, right? And Vitel (or someone who pretends to be him) still 'Emperor of D.C.' but what about his sect? Is he the anarch now?

Comment

Working...
              X