No announcement yet.

What is Ventru doing? What’s his deal?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is Ventru doing? What’s his deal?

Like theirs barely any info on him

What is he doing? What is his deal?

"Being dead" is the answer to both.

Most of the lore states Ventrue died shortly after the fall of the Second City, with only a few errors suggesting otherwise (such as sorting out who the Sire of Mithras), or other minor bits of business stating Ventrue survived by wants nothing to do with the jyhad (the non-canon Gehenna book).

Comment

Originally posted by Konradleijon View Post
      Like theirs barely any info on him
      The Ventrue antediluvian might be dead or in torpor somewhere. Asked on a forum 20 years ago about his status during Gehenna (which is obvioulsy not canon in the current metaplot) Justin Achilli (whose favourite clan were the Ventrue) suggested the Ventrue ante used Fortitude 10 to wait for Gehenna to be over avoiding the Jhyad and surviving it that way.

Anyway the answer to your question, as with 99% of questions about antediluvians is: you've got to decide about his status in your chronicle.

Edit: note that there's basically no info on a lot of antediluvians while others got chronicles dealing with them. The antediluvians of the Ventrue, Brujah (or Troile), Toreador, Gangrel, Assamite have very little information about them. We know a bit more about the Nosferatu, Malkavian, Setite and Lasombra antes. We know more about the Ravnos ante. We know the most about the Salubri (and Tremere), Tzimisce and Cappadocian (or Giovanni) antes.
      Last edited by Haquim; 09-12-2020, 11:08 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Grumpy RPG Reviews View Post
        What is he doing? What is his deal?

"Being dead" is the answer to both.

Most of the lore states Ventrue died shortly after the fall of the Second City, with only a few errors suggesting otherwise (such as sorting out who the Sire of Mithras), or other minor bits of business stating Ventrue survived by wants nothing to do with the jyhad (the non-canon Gehenna book).
        That, and there being a lot of 4th-Gen Ventrue around whose lore doesn't suggest they were sired during the Second City (Antonius, Erik and so forth).

Comment

I don’t think Ventrue/Veddartha is dead. There are too many Fourth Gen Ventrue Sired long after the Second City (Mithras is only the most famous).

The die is cast. - Julius Caesar crossing the Rubicon

Comment

As for how a large number of Ventrue might be 4th generation without Ventrue/Veddartha....
            ...Diablerie is a hell of a drug. And so is lying.

Comment

I have always pictured a very weird, totally different answer, that combines a lot of the previous theories. Venture let his physical form be destroyed, so he could become a "god"/High Umbra spirit. However, he saved numerous vials of his Vitae before this happened. He then had chosen servants (ghouls, a favored Childe, or something else) use a vial to Sire new Childer. A different servant could embrace each one, giving a different name or at least an identity to each.This would explain why the Clan thinks him destroyed, how there could be so many embraced after his 'death,' how each one knows a different name, etc. The 'blood god' Ventrue could then keep contact with the very special childer via Auspex or some other means, leading to the possibility of a second group of beings taking charge of the world. I know it is out there, but it does connect a lot of the dots.

THWarted

Comment

Probably still alive. I dont think he is Veddartha. The sire of Mithras is a 4th gen member of the inconnu as far as i am concerned. I think the original idea was that he died a long time ago. But his death would contradict canon. A lot of 4th gen ventrue's were made long time after his supposed demise. So they retconned it..The beckoning proves this (unless you believe the antes arent behind the beckoning).The only elders that arent being called, are members of the hecata. So Cappa might be the only dead ante. Even ravnos could still be out there.
                Last edited by blackshade; 09-13-2020, 03:14 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Toby Weingarten View Post
                  I have always pictured a very weird, totally different answer, that combines a lot of the previous theories. Venture let his physical form be destroyed, so he could become a "god"/High Umbra spirit. However, he saved numerous vials of his Vitae before this happened. He then had chosen servants (ghouls, a favored Childe, or something else) use a vial to Sire new Childer. A different servant could embrace each one, giving a different name or at least an identity to each.This would explain why the Clan thinks him destroyed, how there could be so many embraced after his 'death,' how each one knows a different name, etc. The 'blood god' Ventrue could then keep contact with the very special childer via Auspex or some other means, leading to the possibility of a second group of beings taking charge of the world. I know it is out there, but it does connect a lot of the dots.
                  That could be it.
                  Another related idea: maybe Ventrue's Dominate 10 power allows him to temporarily grant his generation to whichever vampire he possesses. So most of the time he's a spirit, but when he wants to pop out a baby 4rth gen, he possesses one of his childer, boosts their gen while he's in them, embraces someone, and then leaves them as soon as he's trained his baby 4rth gen in whatever its duties are to be.

Comment

His most trusted childe can be Balthazar so i'd point his location somewhere between modern day Iran and Tajikistan. He traveled as far as to Athens when he embraced Alexander in 700 BC or Gaul for Antonius in 500 BC and got to Rome after its fall in the 6th century to embrace Maltheas, that's his last recorded entry (perhaps only known to the roman Inconnu).

I'd like to believe that the Beckoning was partially on his behalf.

- Saga

Comment

Originally posted by Saga View Post
                      His most trusted childe can be Balthazar so i'd point his location somewhere between modern day Iran and Tajikistan. He traveled as far as to Athens when he embraced Alexander in 700 BC or Gaul for Antonius in 500 BC and got to Rome after its fall in the 6th century to embrace Maltheas, that's his last recorded entry (perhaps only known to the roman Inconnu).

I'd like to believe that the Beckoning was partially on his behalf.

- Saga
                      Hmm, that timeline actually makes sense. Are you certain that Mithras is not his Childe?

Comment

Originally posted by Penelope View Post

Hmm, that timeline actually makes sense. Are you certain that Mithras is not his Childe?

I didn't mention Mithras because I'd already assumed he was his childe

- Saga

Comment

Perfect! Thanks 😊.

Comment

I have Ventrue be one of the real dead ones (Brujah being the second, and a few who were slain so early the never created clans). I always liked the idea of the clan being without an ante. I have it as their original reasoning why they should lead. Because they are not influenced by a blood god of old times. Which they forgot over time and now are simply stating they are none existent.

I have Veddertha holding the remnants together after Ventrues death. Starting the tradition with finding a nice weakened 4th gen of another clan to thicken the blood if a childe showed the right potential. Might makes indeed right.

Comment

I imagine a few cirucumstances in regard to the Ventrue Founder. Of course he is well and active (if such a simple distinction could be said to describe him and what he does). He stays at the most expensive and luxurious apartments and hotels there can be, close to city centers, airports and major train stations ; changing them as his moods and plans change. At any place he stays for a longer time, he manipulates, coaxes, or orders Ventrue Vampires, Ghouls and Blood Bound servants into securing a particular location for him. So lobbies of hotels and nearby high class restaurants are filled with Ghouls and Blood Bound servants, while the rented conference rooms and private suites host meetings (social or otherwise) of Ventrue Vampires. It has to be noted just how much Presence and Dominate helps with this kind of arranging.
                              He pretends to be a Methuselah pretending to be a Vampire Elder, and thus a Vampire who manages to penetrate enough of his buffer zone might even get a glimpse of him. A conversation, a few words, an item or a message given ; most often through intermediaries but sometimes personally.
                              Last edited by Muad'Dib; 09-14-2020, 12:57 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X