unique powers

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• unique powers

Japhet's character sheet says he has a plethora of powers, many of which are unique to them. Are any of these unique powers known? And i am not just talking about Japhet. Are there other vampires in the lore who have been known to have powers exclusive to them?

They are not known. Presumably they're his elder Disciplines, though they could just as easily also include some other totally unique non-Discipline powers. Inyanga was able to turn into a leopard through a non-Protean mystic ritual. The Three (Nosferatu mortal triplets from Constantinople by Night) could telepathically communicate with each other across the city. It's a big World of Darkness. Don't feel limited by the standard Discipline powers in the books.

Blood and Bourbon, my New Orleans-based Vampire chronicle.

Comment

Many elders especially Methuselahs may have a lot of unique powers. It is very likely that Ur-Shulgi knows many ancient and forgotten rituals and you will never live to see them...

Comment

Since no time is actually taken to describe any such unique powers - and consequently, their utter irrelevance to the actual story/adventure where the sheet was published - it's quite safe to assume the writer meant a generic/standard bunch elder powers for the sake of snowflakeness "see how this NPC we half-@$$ed at writing is awesome by numbers".... -__-

Comment

There are some vampires with interesting combo disciplines.

Some thinbloods develop special disciplines, but those are mostly Protean variants i think.

you could always think up a Thaumaturgy path.

Freedom is the freedom to say that two plus two make four. If that is granted, all else follows.

Comment

Anyway, if we are speaking of Japheth's "sheet" in Last Supper, i would say those stats have very debatable canonicity, having been written with apparently little to no awareness of what the Cappadocians would turn into (Auspex 8 ok, Dominate 8 & Thaumaturgy 9.... eh?). I would suggest moving around some of his displines and the atribute priorization (physicals almost as high as the mental doesn't really mesh with his skillset, self-control 4 in someone that lets itself be diablerized, even less so) if one does intend to use that as reference.
            Last edited by Baaldam; 09-13-2020, 11:14 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by MyWifeIsScary View Post
              There are some vampires with interesting combo disciplines.

Some thinbloods develop special disciplines, but those are mostly Protean variants i think.

you could always think up a Thaumaturgy path.

Didn't Lazarus have a serpentis/necromancy combo unique to him? He turned into a monstrous jackal or something

Comment

Working...
              X