Some ideas and questions

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some ideas and questions

so as warning this is just some weird ideas i had these days and thinking if id like to include them in my headcannon or not and if, how. Its purely creative speculative brain farting

based on this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cUpv2AqbZ1E Why is hellfire hot? ^^ In another RPG (DSA) hell is freezing cold. actually colder than that around -200C° all the way to 0°K The idea is that cold is, even more so than heat, ultimate stagnation, darkness (no light emmited, no electron movement) and death. Heat is neccesary to live and nothing is a surer way to kill off life for good than very old temperatures (cause yud need isnane energy to prevent h2o based bodies from freezing solid) In DSA ice is the element thats anti life and magicly opposed to lfie (kidna like matter - anti matter) and ice elementals are all about killing.

So i thought, demons and the like are described as COLD hearted, with COLD logic driving them, calculating, planning...and heat is the divine thing, the sun(gods) the live giving rays of the sun that are an issue for the cold corpses known as vampires. So...im just thinking couldnt hellfire acutally be cold and freeze things to the point of them crumbling to dust? (as the water olecules freeze, expand and as sharp icecrystals "cut" their way through until all cohesive substance is destryoed. its why stuff frozen wrongly or too long in a freezer turns to mush)

it would definitely explain why hellfire is green (low energy fire) and why its extinguishing normal flames. It also makes it more..."anti god" if that makes senseas that one is associated witht he warmth of the sun or michaels flaming hot sword. I know its a stretch and im just fooling around in my head XD

It opens up new possibilities for the Baali Daimonion discipline, demons, koldunic sorcery as well as sideffects (like freezing blood slowing movement kinda anti celerity, raising BP costs of disciplines due to ahving a harde time to "burn" blood or preventing the use of blood for disciplines alltogether)

Second thought, cold might be better fitting for Oblivion and the Lasombra. Do demons have a link to the void? Afaik they dont like it ^^

Input, comments, ideas?^^

Oddly, the place where demons are imprisoned in Demon: The Fallen is in fact completely dark and absent anything.

Author of Cthulhu Armageddon, I was a Teenage Weredeer, Straight Outta Fangton, Lucifer's Star, and the Supervillainy Saga.

Comment

Coldness is something I associate more with the Unchained from DtD than the Fallen. What do you guys think?

The die is cast. - Julius Caesar crossing the Rubicon

Comment

Originally posted by Orkar View Post
        Why is hellfire hot?
        because that's what people believe it to be

according to Mage, hells are shaped by people's beliefs,
        people raised by abrahamic myths are gonna see hell as a hot place,
        people raised by Norse myths are gonna see hell as valhalla or whatever,
        simple as that

VtM doesn't have a specific take on hell, but they usually go with judeo-christian aesthetics

-

Comment

Originally posted by CTPhipps View Post
          Oddly, the place where demons are imprisoned in Demon: The Fallen is in fact completely dark and absent anything.
          true i almost forgot about that. It sounds like the void. Not quite like hell from christian mythology

Comment

Originally posted by Orkar View Post
            true i almost forgot about that. It sounds like the void. Not quite like hell from christian mythology
            More like Sheol.

But hell has also been described by Catholicism as an absence of God and that would be an absence of everything.

Author of Cthulhu Armageddon, I was a Teenage Weredeer, Straight Outta Fangton, Lucifer's Star, and the Supervillainy Saga.

Comment

Originally posted by CTPhipps View Post

More like Sheol.

But hell has also been described by Catholicism as an absence of God and that would be an absence of everything.
              I’ve been told by someone who’s read DtF that the Abyss in which the Fallen were imprisoned was literally the absence of God. Though I still think the portrayal of God in Demon the Fallen sounds much more like the Gnostic Demiurge than the loving God of orthodox Christianity.

Comment

Originally posted by Penelope View Post

I’ve been told by someone who’s read DtF that the Abyss in which the Fallen were imprisoned was literally the absence of God. Though I still think the portrayal of God in Demon the Fallen sounds much more like the Gnostic Demiurge than the loving God of orthodox Christianity.
                Depends on the speaker. One of the interesting twists in the novels was that the Demons who believed God "smote" the cities of Demon Kind may have actually been God intervening to keep reality from collapsing due to all the hacks on the laws of physics that Demons had made to make human life easier.

Comment

Thank you. I know nothing about the novels. That does put a different twist on things.

Comment

Working...
                  X