X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Look, we have V5 Tzimisce symbol now

The link
    https://www.facebook.com/VampireHeri...61406814052221

This isn't necessarily the official V5 symbol though, as this is a third party board game.

That said - the Old Klan Tzimisce dragon variant is objectively worse than the OG circle dragon.

Comment

Originally posted by Kammerer View Post
      This isn't necessarily the official V5 symbol though, as this is a third party board game.
      Yes, but they use V5 logos for all clans of the game, so this is highly likely.
      Also, as far sa I know, they work with Outstar and Matthew Dawkins
      Last edited by trueann; 09-22-2020, 05:24 AM.

Comment

White Wolf doesn't manufacture anything anymore, only license it so it is as canon as anything.

Author of Cthulhu Armageddon, I was a Teenage Weredeer, Straight Outta Fangton, Lucifer's Star, and the Supervillainy Saga.

Comment

That said - the Old Klan Tzimisce dragon variant is objectively worse than the OG circle dragon.
          The true OG Tzimisce symbol is the classy wax seal with a T on it.

The new symbol isn't bad, though. I like it more than the Old Clan Tzimisce dragon, at least. (The design is too busy for my tastes.)

Comment

Originally posted by Elphilm View Post

The true OG Tzimisce symbol is the classy wax seal with a T on it.

The new symbol isn't bad, though. I like it more than the Old Clan Tzimisce dragon, at least. (The design is too busy for my tastes.)
            Ahh yes, I remember once scanning and printing out clan symbols for a pivotal scene I was running in a campaign, where representatives from the various clans were showing up to a joint meeting. So I set up the clan symbols around a table only for a smartass player start being a smartass.

"So what's that T stand for again? Toreador? Oh, no there's their symbol. So it must be.... Tremere! Oh wait, no here's their symbol. So what else could the T be for? Oh! I've got it! TRUE Brujah, that must be it." Cue the group breaking out into giggles and the scene was functionally ruined because everyone couldn't stop laughing at the Tzimsce symbol. That extra work I did ended up biting me in the butt.

Comment

It's more than likely correct, as we had the Lasombra symbol on Dog Might Games' material before we had it from the Chicago book. WW has been pretty consistent on what materials are given to licensees to use on official licensed product.

Comment

Originally posted by AnubisXy View Post

Ahh yes, I remember once scanning and printing out clan symbols for a pivotal scene I was running in a campaign, where representatives from the various clans were showing up to a joint meeting. So I set up the clan symbols around a table only for a smartass player start being a smartass.
                Yet curiously no one complains when the Giovanni symbol is just a big fat G.

Comment

Yet curiously no one complains when the Giovanni symbol is just a big fat G.
                  It's a shitty "symbol", but we don't have an alternative. Where as for the Tzimisce we have the cool circle dragon. I'd complain about the Nosferatu symbol too while we are at it. High tier logos are Tremere, Lasombra crown, Gangrel, Toreador, Tzimisce and Salubri.

Comment

It's a shitty "symbol", but we don't have an alternative. Where as for the Tzimisce we have the cool circle dragon. I'd complain about the Nosferatu symbol too while we are at it. High tier logos are Tremere, Lasombra crown, Gangrel, Toreador, Tzimisce and Salubri.
                    Different strokes, I guess. I like the practical nature of all the original 13 clan symbols. In most cases, they are stylistic representations of real objects, and I would expect, say, Toreador to use real roses and Nosferatu to use actual theatrical masks as often as the symbols themselves. Meanwhile, the Giovanni symbol is merely the family crest, such as one might expect to see on the wrought iron gate of a wealthy estate. For my money, the 2nd Edition Sabbat would laugh at the idea of "official" clan iconography, so the Lasombra and Tzimisce symbols are simply wax seals in the style of the original Sabbat symbol, and probably taken from the same fictional document as the Sabbat seal. The Code of Milan, perhaps?

Comment

Meanwhile, the Giovanni symbol is merely the family crest, such as one might expect to see on the wrought iron gate of a wealthy estate.
                      It's a stylized G, not anything that remotely resembles actual heraldry. I wouldn't mind if Giovanni had a venetian family crest, but they don't.

Comment

It's a stylized G, not anything that remotely resembles actual heraldry. I wouldn't mind if Giovanni had a venetian family crest, but they don't.

I would pay to see a venetian winged lion with a skull in hand instead of a sword or the gospel book

-'' We are the unsullied.
                        We are the inheritors.
                        We are the Pure ''-

Comment

In my opinion, the Giovanni symbol should had been an elegant skull. Fanged, if you wish.

Comment

I'd imagine most clans don't see themselves as having 'a' symbol, instead having a collection of symbols. The Tzmisce, being quite individual, will mostly use their own thing and include a dragon on it in some form. The important ventrue might have their own sceptres whilst those below that ventrue will copy that sceptre. The Lasombra have their own crowns. The Malkavians all agreed on a mirror but hold lots of meanings behind the way it cracks....

The Giovanni are a family, a business, a sect and a clan. The initial is probably something more associated with them because they use it easily and often.

Throw me/White wolf some money with Quietus: Drug Lord, Poison King
                            There's more coming soon. Pay what ya want.

Comment

The symbols and the modern names of the clans, if I remember correctly, were established in the first meeting of the Camarilla founders. And all of them were designed by the Malkavians. Under that perspective, it has sense that the Sabbat symbols evolved, but the Camarilla ones remained the same during five centuries.

Comment

Working...
                              X