Marcus Vitel’s betrayal

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marcus Vitel’s betrayal

I read that Marcus vitel was the Sabbat’s spy while he was in Baltimore. However, it was Sacha Vykos who dispossessed him from Washington. I would like to know why Marcus is still a spy? What interest does he have in further weakening the Camarilla when the Sabbat has taken away his most precious possession? Where to find this information?
    Thanks for your help.

Originally posted by Richard View Post
    I read that Marcus vitel was the Sabbat’s spy while he was in Baltimore. However, it was Sacha Vykos who dispossessed him from Washington. I would like to know why Marcus is still a spy? What interest does he have in further weakening the Camarilla when the Sabbat has taken away his most precious possession? Where to find this information?
    Thanks for your help.
    Marcus Vitel is a 2000 year old Methuselah who predates both sects. He was also never a member of the Sabbat and hiding his identity from the Camarilla. He was giving the Sabbat information on the Crusade as part of a larger Jyhad that undoubtedly would have put him back on the throne (except Vykos never intended to do it and Marcus knew that Vykos didn't).

It's never spelled out but Marcus was sabotaging the Camarilla resistance for his own benefit and to make himself more important.
    Last edited by CTPhipps; 09-29-2020, 12:13 PM.

Author of Cthulhu Armageddon, I was a Teenage Weredeer, Straight Outta Fangton, Lucifer's Star, and the Supervillainy Saga.

Comment

Originally posted by CTPhipps View Post

It's never spelled out but Marcus was sabotaging the Camarilla resistance for his own benefit and to make himself more important.
      Thank you, I was wondering if there was anything specific about that, it's clearer now.

Comment

It should be noted that Marcus actually SUCCEEDED in his plan despite all odds. Decades later, when he got out of torpor, he used the contacts he made in Baltimore and Boston's Anarchs to retake the city of Washington D.C.

He is now Emperor of the Anarchs there.

Apparently, Marcus is familiar with manipulating the mob from his days in Rome.

Author of Cthulhu Armageddon, I was a Teenage Weredeer, Straight Outta Fangton, Lucifer's Star, and the Supervillainy Saga.

Comment

Love this guy.

Comment

At the end of the day, most Anarchs just want land and wealth. Just like any Roman soldier.

Comment

The details on Vitel's gamble in DC are in Clan Novel Brujah where he died fighting Camarilla archons. In V20, particularly Beckett Jyhad Diary, rewrote canon history and was considered that Vitel survived the attack and became an independent agent outside the Jyhad

- Saga

Comment

Originally posted by Saga View Post
                The details on Vitel's gamble in DC are in Clan Novel Brujah where he died fighting Camarilla archons. In V20, particularly Beckett Jyhad Diary, rewrote canon history and was considered that Vitel survived the attack and became an independent agent outside the Jyhad

- Saga
                Vitel was retconned as having survived in the Clan Novel Anthology (or was it The Beast Within) so way before then.

Mind you, someone crunched the numbers and noted that it was almost axiomatically impossible for Bell and Cristof to kill him.

Comment

Originally posted by CTPhipps View Post

Vitel was retconned as having survived in the Clan Novel Anthology (or was it The Beast Within) so way before then.

Mind you, someone crunched the numbers and noted that it was almost axiomatically impossible for Bell and Cristof to kill him.
                  "They make a powerful character I drop an elephant on his head. They make a more powerful character I use bigger elephant. I got lost of 'em"
                  Listen up you primitive screwheads" Mike Pondsmith

When we use numbers and dices there is not such a thing as impossible. I remember a mortal with no combat skills who took out an 8 Generation Brujah during a brawl. Or 13 Generation Gangrel who first was attacked by Lupines and killed 3 of them, making other 2 run away with tails between their legs, and other time stopped a Sabbat pack, killing 6 of them, sending to torpor another 3 and letting their live to tell the story. And I think Theo Bell is not above using p. ex. sniper rifle.

Warrior of the Rainbow
                  Saint among the sinners
                  Pure among the dirt
                  Loser among winners

Comment

Well, thats not how the fight went down. They opened with two Dragons Breath rounds, but then just wailed on Vitel. Vitel was "inhumanly calm" and just did some Obtenebration boogeyman thing. There was a lot of pushback on the forums about it at the time. The author said his primary goal when writing the scene was than no-one throw a fireball. I am glad they fixed it. WW does have this thing where they build up their chthonic blood gods from the ancient nights and then write them as pretty harmless when when confronted. This was a particularly bad case. Boukephalos was much the same at the time.

I am interested in how the no combat skills mortal took down the Brujah, and the rest. I tried to model the hardest man in history (Arnold Panzer) taking on a Kindred with no useful disciplines (Wilt d'Wiffle III) once and found that while it was possible odds were not good. Arnold needed some kind of weapon like a club at least to swing the odds in his favor.

Comment

Indeed the explanations of Vitel's plans are more explicitly detailed in BJD on page 59.

Reading this chapter (shadows coalesce), we can see that Talley works for Vitel, the latter having survived the joint attack of Bell and Chritof.
                      However, we are talking about a creature resembling Vitel, nobody is really sure what it is.

One can assume that it would be in fact Boukephos (himself having lived in the ancient Rome, being even part of the eternal senate). The latter has perfect education of his small infant, namely Talley. His dream to establish his own domain and to reign there as a kind of tyrant is completely in agreement with this character.

The vampire encyclopedia indicates that Boukephos was destroyed during the attack on the East Coast in 1999. Strange not to have more information about the destruction of such an important Methuselah in modern times.

As for Vitel, he says that he knows that his Sire manipulated him but we don't know how he could have realized it. His explanation about his "resurrection" is rather average, knowing that he is not a master in Obtenebration and Fortitude (by that I mean in de la of 5).

Vitel: By the time you saw ashes hit the ground I was gone, disappeared into welcoming shadows. You harmed me severely. It took a great effort to bring forth a simulacrum of blood and shadow. I awoke from torpor quite involuntarily, but replenished.

To sum up, it is possible that Vitel found his ultimate death in Baltimore, that Boukephos faked his own death and pretended to be Vitel in order to appropriate his domain, letting Sybil believe that his child is still in control, even though the blood tie is no longer there. Talley being her faithful hound.

If anyone has any information about the destruction of Boukephos, it would be very helpful.

Comment

Working...
                      X