No announcement yet.

Brainwashing in V5

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So this is more like a Houserule, no RAW, but i'd go with a Project (Core p.415). To start the Project, you need Dominate 3 forgetfull mind and/or Dominate 4 rationalize, if he has Dominate 5 mass manipulation i'd give him a lower increment.

Comment

Originally posted by TakeoChan View Post
      So this is more like a Houserule, no RAW, but i'd go with a Project (Core p.415). To start the Project, you need Dominate 3 forgetfull mind and/or Dominate 4 rationalize, if he has Dominate 5 mass manipulation i'd give him a lower increment.
      It is indeed a house rule, because this is not how project works.

You need have the risk to lose backgrouunds points to, maybe, after many many hard rolls, and much OFF time, gain TEMPORARY background dots.

Comment

I think using disciplines for this role in V5 is a mistake. Maybe you could do it with forgetful mind, maybe you could use implanted directive to cause them to do something when they do something you don't want them to do (though i believe recurring directives are verbotten in V5). In prior editions, you'd get by with mesmorize and probably wouldn't even need the power literally called conditioning.. but that ship has been sunk.

The best way to brainwash in V5 would be... the mundane way.
        Lots of resources, lots of propaganda, lots of normal 're-education' in facilities they can't leave. You could blood-bond a few leaders of the community and have them sway the rest to your line of thinking. You reward obedience and punish dissent. You have them spy on eachother. Maybe they'll hate themselves so much they'll think they deserve it. You don't need actual powers when this is something you can do in real life with enough funding. Powers are just there to streamline things.

Presence in V5 fairs well in helping this approach. It's really strong in this edition, and you're playing a Ventrue.

Throw me/White wolf some money with Quietus: Drug Lord, Poison King
        There's more coming soon. Pay what ya want.

Comment

blailton
          Since I was writing from my phone I did not go into detail, but you are right, you have the risk of losing Background points, while on a succsess you can get them temporarily or buy them permanently with XP.
          What I was refering to was the launch/Goal roll being the dominate+manipulation roll. You would need to stake influence, ressources and/or allie points for the Project, getting something like a herd.
          Last edited by TakeoChan; 10-07-2020, 07:17 AM.

Comment

Working...
          X