Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Voermans: They're Malkavian, but how known is That?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Voermans: They're Malkavian, but how known is That?

As it says in the title. In bloodlines it was a secret and in LA by Night it is known, but at least the Barons that Therese is a Malkavian, but outside that circle how known is this fact? Does the average lick on the street know this? Is it known, but considered a rumor or is that fact just kept to the Barons?

Originally posted by omenseer View Post
    As it says in the title. In bloodlines it was a secret and in LA by Night it is known, but at least the Barons that Therese is a Malkavian, but outside that circle how known is this fact? Does the average lick on the street know this? Is it known, but considered a rumor or is that fact just kept to the Barons?
    Well I think she's publicly known as a Malkavian because Jeanette obviously is and Theresa claims to be Jeanette's sire.

But being a ice cold businesswoman with no elements of "wacky" isn't actually that uncommon among Malkavians.

Quite a few Malkavians have very subdued derangements like paranoia, PTSD, delusions of grandeur, or manic/depression which doesn't actually make them THAT different from other vampires who have these in spades.

Look at Bronwyn, Bryan, and Corbin for example.

Author of Cthulhu Armageddon, I was a Teenage Weredeer, Straight Outta Fangton, Lucifer's Star, and the Supervillainy Saga.

Comment

Fair point. Thank you.

Comment

Fair point. Thank you.
        I knew some players who assumed Therese was a Ventrue and Jeanette was a Malkavian. That would be a fun dynamic to assume as well.

Author of Cthulhu Armageddon, I was a Teenage Weredeer, Straight Outta Fangton, Lucifer's Star, and the Supervillainy Saga.

Comment

Originally posted by CTPhipps View Post

I knew some players who assumed Therese was a Ventrue and Jeanette was a Malkavian. That would be a fun dynamic to assume as well.
          That would be fun.

I have a player who plays a malkavian and is looking to network with other powerful malkavians in LA and the Voermans were the only ones I would think of.

Comment

That would be fun.

I have a player who plays a malkavian and is looking to network with other powerful malkavians in LA and the Voermans were the only ones I would think of.
            You could also have Grout revealed as having survived with a body double.

LA by Night also had the character of Bela, who was a Bela Lugosi impersonator.

I just flat out make it a nearly-unrecognizable Bela Lugosi, sired by Ed Wood.

Comment

As I remember from the game, Bertram Tung knew that Voermans are malkavians, so, I assume, it's wiedly known.

Comment

You could also have Grout revealed as having survived with a body double.

LA by Night also had the character of Bela, who was a Bela Lugosi impersonator.

I just flat out make it a nearly-unrecognizable Bela Lugosi, sired by Ed Wood.
                I don't recall this character. Is she in one of the previous editions?

Comment

I don't recall this character. Is she in one of the previous editions?
                  Bela is in Los Angeles by the Night, the book that predates Bloodlines.

Comment

Originally posted by trueann View Post
                    As I remember from the game, Bertram Tung knew that Voermans are malkavians, so, I assume, it's wiedly known.
                    I could see Tung sitting on a secret like that until the price is right, but the game's main character thinking nothing of blabbing to Nines and the Anarchs about it. The secret gets out either way.

Comment

What makes you think that it ever was supposed to be a secret anyway?

Comment

Well I think she's publicly known as a Malkavian because Jeanette obviously is and Theresa claims to be Jeanette's sire.
                        That pretty much.

Comment

But being a ice cold businesswoman with no elements of "wacky" isn't actually that uncommon among Malkavians.

Quite a few Malkavians have very subdued derangements like paranoia, PTSD, delusions of grandeur, or manic/depression which doesn't actually make them THAT different from other vampires who have these in spades.

Look at Bronwyn, Bryan, and Corbin for example.
                          This^
                          Fishmalks are not the norm, especially among elder Malks. Any Malk who has survived for long periods of time has found ways around their insanity, and won't be that different from any other elder most of the time. Jeanette can pass for a Tory and Theresa can pass for a Ventrue, because surviving for long periods of time makes chameleons out of most vampires. Irrc, Malks are the third most common clan to have the title of Prince.

Comment

Originally posted by CajunKhan View Post

This^
                            Fishmalks are not the norm, especially among elder Malks. Any Malk who has survived for long periods of time has found ways around their insanity, and won't be that different from any other elder most of the time. Jeanette can pass for a Tory and Theresa can pass for a Ventrue, because surviving for long periods of time makes chameleons out of most vampires. Irrc, Malks are the third most common clan to have the title of Prince.
                            Really? I need to dig deeper in the lore then, because I thought Malk princes were rare.

Comment

Really? I need to dig deeper in the lore then, because I thought Malk princes were rare.

Define Rare? a city needs to be large enough for it to maintain a certain kindred population for someone's claim of Prince to be not a joke. Of those the rest are not equally divided up among the clans that can have princes. Malkavian princes are less common than say Ventrue princes...but say more common than Salubri healers in general.

Comment

Working...
                              X