Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What do you think of the Lasombra joining the Camarilla in V5?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by CTPhipps View Post

Eh, the Sabbat have every clan as part of their structure so no clan CAN join them really.
    While what you say is true, I am perfectly sure that you know what I mean.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gurkhal View Post

While what you say is true, I am perfectly sure that you know what I mean.
      True, though I'm not sure which Clan should join.

The Harbinger/Giovanni and Ravnos are both possibilities I suppose.

Author of Cthulhu Armageddon, I was a Teenage Weredeer, Straight Outta Fangton, Lucifer's Star, and the Supervillainy Saga.

Comment

• I'm all for the Lasombra being in the Camarilla. There are a few issues that I have with this move, one is that there are so many abrupt changes to kindred politics that have been much more static for centuries, it seems weird that all of a sudden all of these Clans change affiliations. I guess that is just an artifact of how new editions work. If I were going to incorporate all of the 5th edition changes starting from a 3rd edition baseline, I would do so by saying that those changes were happening gradually over time with, for example, the number and influence of Lasombra antitribu steadily increasing for a while.

My other issue is the Lasombra being probationary Camarilla members. Lasombra in the Camarilla should be power players, they are one of the rulership Clans after all. Making them second class citizens in the Camarilla undermines some of the flavor of the Lasombra that make them cool.

Comment

• Originally posted by CTPhipps View Post

They have Harbingers.
          as far as we know they left, and good luck trying to punish them for it.

Comment

• I kinda like it given the metaplot. Lasombra were always BY FAR the most political of the Sabbat clans. So if the Sabbat is falling apart because they cannot evolve to deal with modern times, it makes sense for the leadership of the Lasombra to cut their losses for the sake of survival and personal ambition. Even if it means culling many of their own. Better to lose half your numbers to survive than to lose ALL your numbers because you're stuck with a sect that can't handle the 21st century.

On a personal note, I'm quite pleased by this. Lasombra have always been my favorite clan, and going Camarilla means they can play the long political game rather than be constrained by a bunch of vampires who revel in their monstrosity in a far too public and blunt manner.

Comment

Working...
            X