Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Vampire V20 The Classical Age

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Vampire V20 The Classical Age

    Hello everyone! A friend of mine sent me this picture, I didn't find anything on the internet and I wonder if it's a project to play in the time of the ancient rome or if it's just a nice empty blanket. Any news?


  • #2
    Rome or even Greece would be interesting. Hopefully done by a independent writer with a real love of history as opposed to the vol 5 crew. I don't know if I talked myself out of a dark ages game despite putting a lot of work into it but I'd love to read a serious take from the story tellers vault.

    I suppose Classical Age could mean many periods.

    Comment


    • #3
      I've never seen this cover or particular title before at all. Is it fanmade?


      Jade Kingdom Warrior

      Comment


      • #4
        Storyteller's Vault, and not yet released. Set in ancient Rome.
        Last edited by James_Willoughby; 10-17-2020, 04:11 PM.


        Learn more about the hidden history of the British Isles in England Will Burn.
        Find out about the struggle to control medieval Syria in The Gates of Damascus.

        Comment


        • #5
          I love Ancient Rome.


          The die is cast. - Julius Caesar crossing the Rubicon

          Comment


          • #6
            Good for them.


            Author of Cthulhu Armageddon, I was a Teenage Weredeer, Straight Outta Fangton, Lucifer's Star, and the Supervillainy Saga.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by James_Willoughby View Post
              Storyteller's Vault, and not yet released. Set in ancient Rome.

              Awesome. If it were possible to preorder Vault material I'd be doing it now. After VtWW and now this it looks like 2020 is the year for quality historical products for VtM.

              Comment


              • #8
                I adore the ancient world and would totally pay for this. I tried to run one game with Xenophon's Anabasis as an extended prelude, but the group fell apart around a bit after the battle of Cunaxa. I've been tempted to run a game the time period around 300BCE. It's post Alexander, so you don't have to deal with him and can deal with the rise of Rome or make it alternate history with another state gaining supremacy over the others in that time period. 5th BCE Century Greece is one of my favorite periods of history and I always wanted to have Alcibiades as an NPC. I also always wanted to do a drunk history of him

                My biggest wonder is how they deal with it being pre-Christian? My take was that there were numerous contradictory origin myths for vampires back then, it being before the Abrahamic religions were popular.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Nothing to do with me, I should add. Looks to be in CE 62, and a bit to early / too western for my personal tastes.


                  Learn more about the hidden history of the British Isles in England Will Burn.
                  Find out about the struggle to control medieval Syria in The Gates of Damascus.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by DrHappyAngry View Post
                    I adore the ancient world and would totally pay for this. I tried to run one game with Xenophon's Anabasis as an extended prelude, but the group fell apart around a bit after the battle of Cunaxa. I've been tempted to run a game the time period around 300BCE. It's post Alexander, so you don't have to deal with him and can deal with the rise of Rome or make it alternate history with another state gaining supremacy over the others in that time period. 5th BCE Century Greece is one of my favorite periods of history and I always wanted to have Alcibiades as an NPC. I also always wanted to do a drunk history of him

                    My biggest wonder is how they deal with it being pre-Christian? My take was that there were numerous contradictory origin myths for vampires back then, it being before the Abrahamic religions were popular.
                    I love Alcibiades. Read about him in the Symposium.


                    The die is cast. - Julius Caesar crossing the Rubicon

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by James_Willoughby View Post
                      Nothing to do with me, I should add. Looks to be in CE 62, and a bit to early / too western for my personal tastes.

                      I prefer the Republic but I’ll probably still get it.


                      The die is cast. - Julius Caesar crossing the Rubicon

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by DrHappyAngry View Post
                        My biggest wonder is how they deal with it being pre-Christian? My take was that there were numerous contradictory origin myths for vampires back then, it being before the Abrahamic religions were popular.
                        I've always liked the idea that vampires in ancient Rome and Greece revered Ixion as the first vampire, as he was the first mortal kin-slayer in Greek myth. Zeus/Jupiter only cursed him with vampirism for his violation of the laws of hospitality, though, which nicely emphasizes the different values of the ancient world.

                        Vampires then also would've called themselves Ixionidae rather than Cainites.


                        Blood and Bourbon, my New Orleans-based Vampire chronicle.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by False Epiphany View Post

                          I've always liked the idea that vampires in ancient Rome and Greece revered Ixion as the first vampire, as he was the first mortal kin-slayer in Greek myth. Zeus/Jupiter only cursed him with vampirism for his violation of the laws of hospitality, though, which nicely emphasizes the different values of the ancient world.

                          Vampires then also would've called themselves Ixionidae rather than Cainites.
                          I love it! I played in a campaign in Ancient Rome where the Ventrue were all thought to be descended from Romulus the founder of Rome.


                          The die is cast. - Julius Caesar crossing the Rubicon

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by DrHappyAngry View Post
                            I adore the ancient world and would totally pay for this. I tried to run one game with Xenophon's Anabasis as an extended prelude, but the group fell apart around a bit after the battle of Cunaxa. I
                            Sounds like my dream game.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              The ancient world is indeed the best and greatest period of history, so if it gets some love all the better. While Rome could be cool I'd be more happy to see a good and interesting take on Greece.

                              There is at least one earlier attempt at bringing VtM to ancient Rome, although I would think its abandoned by now. Still there's some to read for those interested.

                              https://vampiraroma.wordpress.com/

                              EDITED: And I should mention that now I got an itch for a project to write something about ancient and medieval Greece for VtM.

                              But good luck with Rome: The Classical Age to those involved with it!
                              Last edited by Gurkhal; 10-19-2020, 10:48 AM.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X