The Cults of the Blood Gods discussion thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CTPhipps View Post
    So anyone have a favorite cult and least favorite cult?

Why?

Areas they loved? Areas that could have been improved?
    My favorites are the Church of Caine because I love noddism,my least favorite is the one true way because of a lack of info.

Comment

I think that we really needed:

* House Carna
      * The Ministry
      * The Web of Knives

Those three are some pretty famous Blood Cults.

I will say I love the Cult of Eilos and intend to run that one soon.

Author of Cthulhu Armageddon, I was a Teenage Weredeer, Straight Outta Fangton, Lucifer's Star, and the Supervillainy Saga.

Comment

The Cult of Mithras is probably my favorite entry in the book, but I definitely agree that I’d love to have see some information on groups like the Web of Knives of House Carna (who could really use some fleshing out in my opinion).

Comment

I wouldn't describe House Carna as a cult, per se...

Matthew Dawkins
          In-House Developer for Onyx Path Publishing

Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/matthewdawkins

Comment

The Book is finished and has been delievered. It looks good. And I mean really good.

Kudos to the authors!

Comment

Hecate Thoughts

1. In Beckett's Jyhad Diaries, they mentioned that all of the Necromancers in the Caribbean had gotten together to form a mini-sect in New Orleans. It also had Isabel Giovanni and the rest of the factions plan the "Reunion" with Beckett as a witness. So, really CotBG is something that follows up on a lot of the plots that were foreshadowed there. OPP has done an impressive job of following up on its supplement despite the drastically different direction that V5 took.

2. I've stated that I like that the Harbingers of Skulls have a different attitude to revenge than the Assamites due to the Tremere or the Salubri. Instead of going after all members of the Giovanni bloodline, they just want to go after the Elders directly involved in Augustus' ascension. It feels perhaps a bit too "reasonable" for vampires (The Beast after all) but its a nice change of pace.

3. I feel like the Mauseoleum being hit by the Second Inquisition as well as the Harbingers feels a bit like The Fall of Vienna 2.0. As much as I like the Second Inquisition, I find it even more unbelievable that the resting place of an Antediluvian is taken by them. Maybe they could thin the ranks around the place and weaken it for a Harbingers attack but this is just silly, especially with however thousand ghosts they have bound around the place. At least we know the Harbingers ARE behind the Doom of Augustus.

4. I don't mind the "leveling" of the Giovanni Families so that the main family takes a heavy hit but isn't gone per se but now has a more equal position with the various other families. This makes it a much more international clan of incestuous necromancers that I think works better for the Clan as a whole.

5. I do wonder why they chose the Hecata as an example. They're not exactly Greek mythology orientated and necromantic. Maybe I would have chosen a name like the Charon or Dispater instead just to go along with this. Orcus? You know an homage to D&D *AND* Roman mythology.

6. I don't really think that merging all of the Bloodlines into one single group was a great idea even if I do think allowing the Harbingers to Embrace again was a good idea. I think it would have worked better to make it clear they're a sect-first (two clans plus a number of Bloodlines), Blood Cult second, and "Clan" not at all.

7. I actually do hope that Augustus is dead-dead because I do think that we don't need all 13 Antediluvians and he was always described as a child-molesting psychopath who was the worst of his kind. I also think Lazarus makes a bigger and better threat, Capuchin or not.

Author of Cthulhu Armageddon, I was a Teenage Weredeer, Straight Outta Fangton, Lucifer's Star, and the Supervillainy Saga.

Comment

Originally posted by CTPhipps View Post
                Hecate Thoughts

1. In Beckett's Jyhad Diaries, they mentioned that all of the Necromancers in the Caribbean had gotten together to form a mini-sect in New Orleans. It also had Isabel Giovanni and the rest of the factions plan the "Reunion" with Beckett as a witness. So, really CotBG is something that follows up on a lot of the plots that were foreshadowed there. OPP has done an impressive job of following up on its supplement despite the drastically different direction that V5 took.

2. I've stated that I like that the Harbingers of Skulls have a different attitude to revenge than the Assamites due to the Tremere or the Salubri. Instead of going after all members of the Giovanni bloodline, they just want to go after the Elders directly involved in Augustus' ascension. It feels perhaps a bit too "reasonable" for vampires (The Beast after all) but its a nice change of pace.

3. I feel like the Mauseoleum being hit by the Second Inquisition as well as the Harbingers feels a bit like The Fall of Vienna 2.0. As much as I like the Second Inquisition, I find it even more unbelievable that the resting place of an Antediluvian is taken by them. Maybe they could thin the ranks around the place and weaken it for a Harbingers attack but this is just silly, especially with however thousand ghosts they have bound around the place. At least we know the Harbingers ARE behind the Doom of Augustus.

4. I don't mind the "leveling" of the Giovanni Families so that the main family takes a heavy hit but isn't gone per se but now has a more equal position with the various other families. This makes it a much more international clan of incestuous necromancers that I think works better for the Clan as a whole.

5. I do wonder why they chose the Hecata as an example. They're not exactly Greek mythology orientated and necromantic. Maybe I would have chosen a name like the Charon or Dispater instead just to go along with this. Orcus? You know an homage to D&D *AND* Roman mythology.

6. I don't really think that merging all of the Bloodlines into one single group was a great idea even if I do think allowing the Harbingers to Embrace again was a good idea. I think it would have worked better to make it clear they're a sect-first (two clans plus a number of Bloodlines), Blood Cult second, and "Clan" not at all.

7. I actually do hope that Augustus is dead-dead because I do think that we don't need all 13 Antediluvians and he was always described as a child-molesting psychopath who was the worst of his kind. I also think Lazarus makes a bigger and better threat, Capuchin or not.
                My general impression (Or preference?) is that Augustus is dead, but Cappadocias is still rumbling around somewhere or that Augustus got diablerized and the Capuchin is the new clan founder. Maybe both.

Comment

Augustus is dead. A loresheet confirms it. Cappadocious was destroyed at the end of the Giovanni Chronicles when his spirit, having fallen afoul of Oblivion during a Great Maelstrom and become a Spectre, was destroyed. There might be a bit of his blood left within the True Vessel if it wasn't destroyed accidentally by Claudius Giovanni centuries ago.

The Capuchin was involved in the events surrounding the whole Family Reunion and was the one to give them the Hecata name, which was the original Cappadocian Clan name. Beyond that, we don't really know what's going on with him.

Homo sapiens. What an inventive, invincible species. It's only a few million years since they crawled up out of the mud and learned to walk. Puny, defenceless bipeds. They've survived flood, famine and plague. They've survived cosmic wars and holocausts. And now, here they are, out among the stars, waiting to begin a new life. Ready to outsit eternity. They're indomitable. Indomitable.

Comment

Originally posted by AkatsukiLeader13 View Post
                    Augustus is dead. A loresheet confirms it. Cappadocious was destroyed at the end of the Giovanni Chronicles when his spirit, having fallen afoul of Oblivion during a Great Maelstrom and become a Spectre, was destroyed. There might be a bit of his blood left within the True Vessel if it wasn't destroyed accidentally by Claudius Giovanni centuries ago.

The Capuchin was involved in the events surrounding the whole Family Reunion and was the one to give them the Hecata name, which was the original Cappadocian Clan name. Beyond that, we don't really know what's going on with him.
                    Which Loresheet?

Comment

• Beckett's Jyhad Diary implies that probably a third of Cappadocias is in the True Vessel.

Not just his blood.

So the Specter Cappadocias is destroyed and so is Augustus' portion but there's still a bit left of the Antediluvian's soul.

Comment

• Originally posted by omenseer View Post

Which Loresheet?
                        The Loresheet is called “Calling the Family Reunion”.

Comment

• Originally posted by DifferentJustin View Post
                          The Loresheet is called “Calling the Family Reunion”.
                          Need to reread that one then. Thank you.

Comment

• "I do wonder why they chose the Hecata as an example. They're not exactly Greek mythology orientated and necromantic. Maybe I would have chosen a name like the Charon or Dispater instead just to go along with this. Orcus? You know an homage to D&D *AND* Roman mythology."

Or, considering Cappadocius' connection with Anatolia, Lelwani for example.
                            https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lelwani
                            Last edited by trueann; 11-21-2020, 11:47 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Gentleman Gamer View Post
                              I wouldn't describe House Carna as a cult, per se...
                              I see them more as a commune that does consulting work on the side.

Comment

• Originally posted by CTPhipps View Post
                                Beckett's Jyhad Diary implies that probably a third of Cappadocias is in the True Vessel.

Not just his blood.

So the Specter Cappadocias is destroyed and so is Augustus' portion but there's still a bit left of the Antediluvian's soul.
                                The spectre version might have been destroyed but it is active at least by the time of BJD, given that Beckett and friends accidentally freed it from the monastery. And I would guess that the portion Augustus consumed was consumed by whomever consumed Augustus.

Comment

Working...
                                X