No announcement yet.

V20 Vampiric Excellencies

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well potence means power or strength, celerity means speed, fortitude... Most disciplines have very fitting archaic names like that. Protean means -fast and frequently changing- whilst vicissitude means a big change, often unwelcome (Covid 19 is but one of the Vicissitudes of life...)

Obfuscate is the 'natural' appearance discipline in that MoaTF lets you increase appearance. Obfuscate lets others see you how you want them to see you; it's easily the best choice.

Anyhow.

I'd go with Potence/Celerity/Fortitude; Presence/Dominate/Splendour or allure ; Auspex or percipience/ perspicacity or sagacity/ guile... (honestly it's hard to find archaic words for 'wits' that fit well)

Throw me/White wolf some money with Quietus: Drug Lord, Poison King
    There's more coming soon. Pay what ya want.

Comment

Originally posted by LordHeru
      "That is instead of dot powers each dot adds dice to the related Attribute roll, plus some other effects at 6+.
      So basically Aberrant with the Mega-Attribute system?

Jade Kingdom Warrior

Comment

Originally posted by MyWifeIsScary View Post
        Well potence means power or strength, celerity means speed, fortitude... Most disciplines have very fitting archaic names like that. Protean means -fast and frequently changing- whilst vicissitude means a big change, often unwelcome (Covid 19 is but one of the Vicissitudes of life...)

Obfuscate is the 'natural' appearance discipline in that MoaTF lets you increase appearance. Obfuscate lets others see you how you want them to see you; it's easily the best choice.

Anyhow.

I'd go with Potence/Celerity/Fortitude; Presence/Dominate/Splendour or allure ; Auspex or percipience/ perspicacity or sagacity/ guile... (honestly it's hard to find archaic words for 'wits' that fit well)
        Yeah, its like finding Latin based words though ones that twist a bit because you can't just google the Latin for intelligence, as its basically intelligence, hehe. So some mental bending needs to go.

Well I can't use Presence and Dominate as those are more advanced Disciplines, same as Auspex. hehe

But I do like the idea of Splendor and Percipience and Sagacity and maybe Guile. Thsoe sound interesting to me.

On Obfuscate, its mostly about hiding though, not so much using your appearance for other elements, which such an Excellency would do.

That said, yeah, Mask of a Thousand Faces is a cool power.

Originally posted by Shakanaka View Post

So basically Aberrant with the Mega-Attribute system?
        I mean yeah mechanically, but not really thematically. I like the idea that the base magic of vampires is to enhance their characteristics, followed by the manipulation of certain tratis, and then them tapping into certain sorcerous effects. The fact that it adds dice or successes just makes it a clear cut and simple and organized system.

Comment

Working...
        X