Children of the Dracon , Koldunic Sorcery and Vicissitude

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Children of the Dracon , Koldunic Sorcery and Vicissitude

So, the Children of the Dracon are bloodline within Clan Tzimisce, predominantly former Obertus Revenants. They eschew the use of Koldunic Sorcery, seeing it as demonic curse. Also, in Mexico City by night was mentioned that the Children of the Dracon eschew Vicissitude. I find this somewhat controversial, especially considering that the Dracon 'saw himself as an agent for metamorphosis of the world' and Obertus have Vicissitude as their family Discipline.

No. They reject Koldunic Sorcery as a tool of the demon Kupala. They don’t reject Vicissitude. That’s the Old Clan (also known as the Dracul or Dragons).

Also, the Children of the Dracon created the Obertus revenants. The Obertus were originally an order of monks and nuns and only later became an actual family through interbreeding.

I never read Mexico City by Night, but if it says that I guess just ignore it. It’s probably a mistake.

“No one holds command over me. No man, no god, no Prince. Call your damn Hunt. We shall see who I drag screaming down to hell with me.” The last Ahrimane says this when Mithras calls a Blood Hunt against her.

Comment

I haven't read Mexico by Night, but it's possible. Below is quoted from the V20 Tal Mahe Ra concerning the Old Clan:

"Vicissitude was the domain of the Eldest, and the innovation swept through Clan Tzimisce on a wave of blood and molded flesh. A few refused to partake of the Discipline, preferring to forge their own path of innovation rather than relying on the strength of the Eldest. They saw the main Clan subsumed into the Eldest’s essence, becoming tools rather than fellow artists. More troubling still was the continued association with the bound Kupala, slowly but surely corrupting the Clan. In disgust, they venerated the being the Eldest was, rather than the pitiful creature he became and his embodied tools in the form of the main Clan."

It's possible the Children of the Dracon are starting to take a stance similar to the Old Clan.

Comment

Originally posted by Penelope View Post
        I never read Mexico City by Night, but if it says that I guess just ignore it. It’s probably a mistake.
        It was about a character Esteban del Agua y Tierra: "For a time he followed the ways of the Children of the Dracon, eschewing Vicissitude and the ways of the koldun alike to hone his mind and accessing physical purity of the undead form first." But yeah, it's probably just a mistake.
        Last edited by trueann; 10-29-2020, 12:59 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by trueann View Post

It was about a character Esteban del Agua y Tierra: "For a time he followed the ways of the Children of the Dracon, eschewing Vicissitude and the ways of the koldun alike to hone his mind and accessing physical purity of the undead form first." But yeah, it's probably just a mistake.
          Maybe we should interpret as him eschewing Vicissitude in addition to following the ways of the Dracons?

What I have trouble wrapping my head around is that multiple sources on Draconian Tzimisce say that they refuse to partake in ritae tied to koldunic practices. Would that mean they refuse to partake in the Vaulderie? And if they do refuse; how can they even function in the Sabbat? The books mention they often serve the sect as templars and inquisitors. But who would even trust them when they don't partake of the most important rite?

Comment

Originally posted by Malkavian87 View Post

Maybe we should interpret as him eschewing Vicissitude in addition to following the ways of the Dracons?

What I have trouble wrapping my head around is that multiple sources on Draconian Tzimisce say that they refuse to partake in ritae tied to koldunic practices. Would that mean they refuse to partake in the Vaulderie? And if they do refuse; how can they even function in the Sabbat? The books mention they often serve the sect as templars and inquisitors. But who would even trust them when they don't partake of the most important rite?
            Hmmm. Good point.

“No one holds command over me. No man, no god, no Prince. Call your damn Hunt. We shall see who I drag screaming down to hell with me.” The last Ahrimane says this when Mithras calls a Blood Hunt against her.

Comment

Working...
            X