Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Untitled VtM Battle Royal video game announced.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Untitled VtM Battle Royal video game announced.

I'm not quite sure what to think about it. Watching the trailer I wouldn't have known it was a Vampire the Masquerade game if it hadn't been pushed out by the WoD Twitter account and several members of the team. The trailer is titled "Sharkmob First Game Teaser" https://www.sharkmob.com/projects

Community Content
    Hunters Hunted II Into the Darkness
    V20 Sleepy Hollow

Doesn't look very VTM

Throw me/White wolf some money with Quietus: Drug Lord, Poison King
    There's more coming soon. Pay what ya want.

Comment

it's VtM according to the youtube description, set in prague

-

Comment

Oh dear... Well the kids might like it.

Comment

Can't be worse then the slot machine game

You've been playing around the magic that is black
          But all the powerful magical mysteries never gave a single thing back

Comment

Originally posted by Dwight View Post
            Can't be worse then the slot machine game
            there's a slot machine game?

-

Comment

Originally posted by Pleiades View Post

there's a slot machine game?
              Wayyyy back before v5 was announced White Wolf was selling licenses for the various IP's, some company that makes electronic slot machines purchased a license to make a vtm slot machine game called Vampire the masquerade: Las Vegas. Google it I'm pretty sure you can play it online

You've been playing around the magic that is black
              But all the powerful magical mysteries never gave a single thing back

Comment

Originally posted by Dwight View Post
                .... Google it I'm pretty sure you can play it online
                You can. It is...interesting.

Community Content
                Hunters Hunted II Into the Darkness
                V20 Sleepy Hollow

Comment

heh, tried different websites, but my country is on the exclusion list for the slot game...lol ._.

-

Comment

Originally posted by zahana View Post
                    I'm not quite sure what to think about it. Watching the trailer I wouldn't have known it was a Vampire the Masquerade game if it hadn't been pushed out by the WoD Twitter account and several members of the team. The trailer is titled "Sharkmob First Game Teaser" https://www.sharkmob.com/projects
                    Wow... Somehow that looks even less VtM than I thought it would be.

Homo sapiens. What an inventive, invincible species. It's only a few million years since they crawled up out of the mud and learned to walk. Puny, defenceless bipeds. They've survived flood, famine and plague. They've survived cosmic wars and holocausts. And now, here they are, out among the stars, waiting to begin a new life. Ready to outsit eternity. They're indomitable. Indomitable.

Comment

These IP licensed fight games feel like so bottom of the barrel to me.

Comment

Eh, not my bag but I'm happy they're spreading the IP around.

Author of Cthulhu Armageddon, I was a Teenage Weredeer, Straight Outta Fangton, Lucifer's Star, and the Supervillainy Saga.

Comment

While plenty of the WoD licensing to less that obvious video game styles (the HtR games in particular) we pretty good, digging into this gives me a pause for concern. Never heard of Sharkmob before, and they seem to be completely owned by a Chinese holding company. I really hope that doesn't lead to VtM's political themes being watered down or even censored for Chinese media standards.

Comment

Originally posted by Heavy Arms View Post
                            I really hope that doesn't lead to VtM's political themes being watered down or even censored for...
                            I think that ship has sailed. Mainland china is likely to be a darkzone we never hear about. The idea that supernaturals secretly exist among people is bad-wrong, let alone that they could effect the Government...

Throw me/White wolf some money with Quietus: Drug Lord, Poison King
                            There's more coming soon. Pay what ya want.

Comment

Eh... the PRC doesn't really care as long as it's other countries being made to look bad. Dressing up your character with anti-capitalist gear and it's not a problem. They'll ban any skins or whatever of a Brujah wearing a Free Hong Kong shirt in a heartbeat.

Tencent (the company that owns Sharkmob) owns or has financial stakes in multiple games banned in China (or were until they complied with censorship), and the PRC doesn't actually care that they profit selling those games in other countries.

Comment

Working...
                              X