Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Untitled VtM Battle Royal video game announced.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Battle royals aren't my thing, but A grounded and gritty VTM Battle Royal game'd be pretty cool tho.

Imagine this. You're in a densely populated US city (perhaps randomly generated). The red star flares up in the sky; It's Gehenna. The instinct of every vampire, or perhaps some Dominate command, tells them to destroy all other vampires. Vampires are embracing like crazy. The lupines are gradually closing in on the city for reasons of their own, methodically exterminating the evils in their way. Some crazy extra shit happens (randomized each game) or some interesting modifiers are still in effect (Masquerade must still be maintained)

Bonus points for voice-controlled Dominate/Animalism (we could do that nowadays, yeah?) and maybe a planning and daytime phase where you send the resources and information gathered each night to protect or murder your enemies each day.

Throw me/White wolf some money with Quietus: Drug Lord, Poison King
    There's more coming soon. Pay what ya want.

Comment

Originally posted by KaiserAfini View Post
      When I saw the idea of a VTM game, I thought it made no sense, since the main draw of the game is the intrigue (hence The Masquerade). There are a lot of cool powers, but its a secondary focus. So Battle Royale was a puzzling design choice.

When I saw its Tencent, everything fell into place. A studio no one heard about, with a very sanitized About Us page and tackling the most profitable genre ? They will monetize this to the most absurd levels, its just the way Tencent operates. It may turn out better, but I doubt the studio would have the power to negotiate with Tencent over their vision for such an important IP.

I would have just hired the developer of Blood Lust:Shadow Hunter. He was on the right track to develop a multiplayer VtM game. Battle Royale is already saturated, so distinguishing oneself within that market is very tricky.
      This game is probably going to go horribly and I doubt the WoD audience will stick to it for long even if its free.

Jade Kingdom Warrior

Comment

I think it'll probably be fine. The point of Battle Royal games is that they use a tried and true formula and allow you to customize your character how you wish.

Author of Cthulhu Armageddon, I was a Teenage Weredeer, Straight Outta Fangton, Lucifer's Star, and the Supervillainy Saga.

Comment

Originally posted by Dwight View Post
          I got a feeling this is going to be along the lines of that Shadowrun fps that came out ages ago, no real plot just multiplayer shoot em up.
          I'd be entirely fine with that, the gameplay would be what matters.

Contriving it as Anarch vs Camarilla might give each faction a monopoly on certain Discipline powers, potentially leading to some interesting asymmetry.

Comment

Originally posted by KaiserAfini View Post
            When I saw the idea of a VTM game, I thought it made no sense, since the main draw of the game is the intrigue (hence The Masquerade). There are a lot of cool powers, but its a secondary focus. So Battle Royale was a puzzling design choice.
            Yet strangely nearly every clan has a discipline you could use directly in combat... Hell Bloodlines 1 made Auspex the GUN discipline. Vampire murdering eachother in the streets is part of the setting whether its shovelheads, anarch gangs etc. Vampires batlling eachother while trying to maining the Masquerade and having it be a fail conditon when they don't(See the SI member in the trailer) seems a unique way to explore both the setting and the ideas.

Comment

Y'know what type of game they really need to make for the VTM franchise? A strategy game based entirely around the Jyhad. Outmaneuver rivals, gather strength, gain more resources, spread influence, etc. This definitely can be done in regular tabletop, but it would be good to see it in a video game dynamic. However something like this already kinda exists in the CK series with the Princes of Darkness mod- but a legitimate strategy product on its own standalone would definitely be something I'd want.

Jade Kingdom Warrior

Comment

Originally posted by Shakanaka View Post
                Y'know what type of game they really need to make for the VTM franchise? A strategy game based entirely around the Jyhad. Outmaneuver rivals, gather strength, gain more resources, spread influence, etc. This definitely can be done in regular tabletop, but it would be good to see it in a video game dynamic. However something like this already kinda exists in the CK series with the Princes of Darkness mod- but a legitimate strategy product on its own standalone would definitely be something I'd want.

I'd love to see the Board Game Hertige done as a Videogame.

Comment

Working...
                X