Player Characters

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MyWifeIsScary View Post
    Keep to the original camarilla clans. Avoid bloodlines like the plague.
    I kind of agree with this. Sticking to the Cam 7 would be the easiest for a general first timer. Caitiff too would be fine as long as you keep in mind that in Cam circles they are the bottom of the bottom. Though I personally homerule that the first two Disciplines for Caitiff taken must be from the Common Discipline before they can purchase any others.

Though if you're not advise to running a mono-Clan game, the three structured Independent Clans of the Assamites, Setities and Giovanni could work well as an alternative. Especially the Giovanni with their more straight forward structure and belief system that anyone can quickly pick up. Also their neutrality with the other Sects means you can put them in any city and not have to worry about the local politics too much.

Well provided your PCs don't attack every vampire they encounter or something similarly troubling.

Homo sapiens. What an inventive, invincible species. It's only a few million years since they crawled up out of the mud and learned to walk. Puny, defenceless bipeds. They've survived flood, famine and plague. They've survived cosmic wars and holocausts. And now, here they are, out among the stars, waiting to begin a new life. Ready to outsit eternity. They're indomitable. Indomitable.

Comment

Are your other players buying into the milieu of the game? If so and acting like a 13-year old Edgey McEdge is the only one testing you then just cut him loose.

Comment

Damian May he is not trying to test, atleast not to my knowledge, he is just not considering enough the social aspects of this character of the potential camerilla backlash there will be

Comment

Originally posted by Toa_Kiril View Post
          Damian May he is not trying to test, atleast not to my knowledge, he is just not considering enough the social aspects of this character of the potential camerilla backlash there will be
          It doesn't matter if he's doing it on purpose, and unless he is utterly socially clueless on some level he knows exactly what he's doing.

He will absolutely run your game into the ground and ensure no one but him has any fun.

Comment

Originally posted by Damian May View Post

It doesn't matter if he's doing it on purpose, and unless he is utterly socially clueless on some level he knows exactly what he's doing.

He will absolutely run your game into the ground and ensure no one but him has any fun.
            Yeah I agree with this. Either he is incredibly clueless or he's being willfully ignorant. Neither are good things.

If he's not getting what you're trying, show him some Youtube videos of people playing VtM, even if it's not the same Edition as your playing. If he doesn't understand after seeing the game in action, drop him from the game. I know it can be tough and it will probably piss him off but it's better in the long run to stop it early into a game that he doesn't understand/want to play and make things worst. I've experienced and heard enough stories of games going to hell because one person at the table was... like your friend.

Again, if you have to do that it will likely be unpleasant and hurt your friendship for a bit but in the long run, it is a better option than trying to play with him and have the game derail because that can lead to a big blow up at the table which could damage multiple friendships.

Homo sapiens. What an inventive, invincible species. It's only a few million years since they crawled up out of the mud and learned to walk. Puny, defenceless bipeds. They've survived flood, famine and plague. They've survived cosmic wars and holocausts. And now, here they are, out among the stars, waiting to begin a new life. Ready to outsit eternity. They're indomitable. Indomitable.

Comment

Can you do XYZ? Sure, if you want to as many others have already noted. The challenge is how you justify it. Although I think the idea of MMORPG terms would probably cause some WW authors to have an aneurysm since that would be leaning more towards 'D&D logic' than they might be comfortable with. But as long as it works for you personally and whoever you might be playing with.. it doesn't really matter.

And if there are issues, there's always ways to compromise to let them have at least some of what they want without disrupting the game (after all there is some acknowledgement for cinematic/action oriented characters, whatever distaste some may have for it.)

Funny enough with more recent iterations of the game (not necssearily V5, but also V20) I feel like 'technomancy' stuff would lean more towards the Duskborn/Thin-bloods or Anarchs. And I see no reason 'technomagic' couldn't work as readly in VtM as it does in MtA. It just requires some tweaking.

Another option is to use this person's ideas as a springboard to expand their concepts of such characters (variations, or suchlike) so even if its not a 1:1 Master Chief translation, its similar enough to satisfy them. Fiction will be chock full of 'similar but different' concepts that can be relatable.

Comment

Working...
              X