What books do you want?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What books do you want?

Know, or at least expected books, for the V5 line include; Cults of the Blood Gods, the Player's Handbook, Forbidden Faiths, Olsen's Standard Book of British Birds, Children of the Blood and probably Sabbat.

But what books do you want to see released? What subject matters do you want covered?

I want the Players Guide next.

I want a Sabbat book.

I want a Second Inquisition book.

I want an Elders book.

Oh and if I could order any, I'd want a Chronicle book for THE FALL OF VIENNA.

Author of Cthulhu Armageddon, I was a Teenage Weredeer, Straight Outta Fangton, Lucifer's Star, and the Supervillainy Saga.

Comment

Announced - Cult of the Blood Gods, Player's Guide, Trail of Ash and Bone, Second Inquisition.
      Unannounced - Ashira, Lore/Scenario book covering major events in V5 (Taking Mexico City, Fall of Viena, Convention of Prague, Ministry/Banu Haqim meeting with the Camarilla)

Community Content
      Hunters Hunted II Into the Darkness
      V20 Sleepy Hollow

Comment

A book about obscure bloodlibes would be mighty kind

Comment

Originally posted by CTPhipps View Post

I want a Sabbat book.

I want an Elders book.

This is almost exactly what I want, plus a real blood magic book with proper paths and not the limited blood sorcery/quietus stuff. Maybe it could fit in the Player's Guide, though.

I can also excuse some of the slowness to the change in leadership and the pandemic, but back in the day they used to release multiple books a year, and that was back when they all had to be printed in decent size runs. But it's just been a slow trickle of new material. Come on guys, this work has gotten easier with telecommunications, photoshop/gimp and other tech advancements. My #1 complaint about switching to V5 from V20 is the lack of material, options and diversity available in the older stuff.

Comment

Not counting the ones slotted to come out already:

Elders
            Book of Rituals - Stuff for Blood Sorcery, Necromancy/Oblivion, and Protean if I understand how they intend to do Vicissitude correctly.
            Sabat would be interesting, but not a priority.
            Salubri

Pipe Dream: A fixed Kindred of the East. Maybe call it Vampires of the East or something. I know its not going to happen but I would greatly enjoy seeing the Wan Kuei updated and fixed.

Comment

A new edition of Dark Ages.

Freelance Writer and Storyteller's Vault contributor. Find my work here: http://www.storytellersvault.com/ind...liate_id=17903

Comment

Vampire: the Masquerade. 30th Aniversary edition.

Less a revised copy-paste, with more care to choose the best from V1,V2, Revised and v20.

And use 'take half' for damage and soak to speed up combat already.

Freedom is the freedom to say that two plus two make four. If that is granted, all else follows.

Comment

I'm eager for VtM V6

or a fan edition like Pathfinder did for DnD

they can nuke the sabat for all I care, I'm done waiting,
                  I just hope they finally retcon all the dumb lore and start anew,
                  and no more catering for LARP
                  Last edited by Pleiades; 11-07-2020, 09:35 AM.

-

Comment

Originally posted by CTPhipps View Post

I want a Sabbat book.

I want an Elders book.

I defo want Fall of Vienna so I can get my ST to run it for my Tremere character Charity.

“No one holds command over me. No man, no god, no Prince. Call your damn Hunt. We shall see who I drag screaming down to hell with me.” The last Ahrimane says this when Mithras calls a Blood Hunt against her.

Comment

(grumbling about no one commenting on my Python joke)

We know we are getting more information (eventually) on cults, books on notable vampires, the Sabbat, the SI and a Player's Guide. In addition to that I want;
                      • I hope information on at least some of the blodlines - Salubri, Baali, Kiaysd, DoC - get detailed in the Players Guide, but I've heard that will not happen. So I hope they appear in some official (i.e. not a fan) book somewhere in the next few years.
                      • A chronicle book on the events in Vienna would be good.
                      • A new world tour book, like the A World of Darkness books from 1st and 2nd edition, would be nice. And it should have a lot of "things" that are not easily classified.
                      • Information on the drowned legacies.
                      • License out KotE and rework it utterly.

Comment

Originally posted by Pleiades View Post
                        I'm eager for VtM V6

or a fan edition like Pathfinder did for DnD

they can nuke the sabat for all I care, I'm done waiting,
                        I just hope they finally retcon all the dumb lore and start anew,
                        and no more catering for LARP

The Metaplot can be salvaged.

-The SI is the Camarilla solution. The "Gehenna war" is the Sabbat solution; the problem is too many fucking neonates. And so the Elders arranged for mass killings.
                        -The beckoning is just elders hiding.
                        -The Anarchs realise what a fucking bad idea they are (with some elder manipulation) and the Camarilla and Sabbat quickly swallow them up in their respective converging/reconquista.
                        -The Hecata is a short lived idea that explodes to give us what we should've had for the past half milennium: Necromancers as an assortment of bloodlines that can be found in all sects.
                        -The split of the Tremere is a rouse to deal with the fact that they are seen as villains, have far, far, far too many enemies and are a victim of their own monopolistic success.

There are some things that can't be salvaged and need hard deletes (every mechanical change, the witches of echidna, thinblood changes) but it's certainly possible that the setting can come through these trying times without need for a nuke... I mean we haven't seen WTA yet.

Freedom is the freedom to say that two plus two make four. If that is granted, all else follows.

Comment

The fall of Vienna also.

Comment

In this case ,The Fall of Vienna is the centrepiece for the Tremere ploy to restructure and rebrand the pyramid. In which nobody loyal/important has died.
                            The Tremere have long, long been a victim of their own success. The Tzmisce are reviled, the Lasombra are feared, and the Ravnos are vilified, but they don't do it quite on the scale of Tremere, who are the devil you have to deal with rather than the outsider you're free to despise. Tremere prestation is almost one-way, and they're far less smooth than the Setites when it comes to trading favours.
                            The Tremere might be great. But the Tremere as a brand is terrible, and the moment they can be replaced, people will be dancing on the street. Providing an Illusion of choice and giving people the idea that they can deal with a Tremere without dealing with 'The Pyramid' is good. Going down to the laughably harmless witch-larp Tremere for a favour just doesn't seem as damning as going up to meet with THE Tremere.
                            It also lets them put Tremere in cities that would never tolerate "real" Tremere.

And as far as gameplay and immersion go, it's the only sensible choice to have all Tremere houses be loyal Tremere in truth. Otherwise, your city needs to pick a side and have only one kind of Tremere, because HT would stomp the naturally far smaller and weaker HC to keep their monopoly. If you have players that want to be with different Tremere houses (lord save you) these houses secretly being aligned is the only way to really do it.

Comment

Originally posted by Jackob View Post
                              A new edition of Dark Ages.

This!

Not that I have a problem with the existing DA - DA20 is my favorite rulebook - but I'd be very interested to see a DA rework using V5 rules

Comment

Working...
                              X