No announcement yet.

What books do you want?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There's two main categories of books I'd like to see come from the new edition.

1. Faction/Lore Books: I'd love for more details on how Kindred organize around the world. Things like the Ashirra, Laibon, and even the Wan Kuei/Kuei-Jin all fascinate me. I know there's some controversy surrounding the game's past attempts at a broader cultural approach, but hopefully it can be done in a more respectful way this time around. I'd also love to see some stuff about the Second Inquisition and Sabbat, but I don't find myself as naturally drawn to them as I do the others.

2. Mechanics Books: I'm pretty much entirely new to the game and larger World of Darkness outside of a few glimpses at an old game story when I was in middle school. Trying to run my first chronicle has been challenging to say the least. The game doesn't really give new players or storytellers the tools they need to confidently tell a story unique to them and their experiences and the community as a whole doesn't really seem to have uniform advice or guidelines to help new consumers besides "do what feels right" which is...rather unhelpful when you have no previous exposure to the game or product line.

A few books on running games in different time-frames would also be really nice, but those two categories should take priority in my opinion.

Comment

A book about the first or second city. I would even settle for carthage

Comment

Originally posted by blackshade View Post
        A book about the first or second city. I would even settle for carthage
        There's someone working on a title for Storyteller's Vault along the lines of an Enoch by Night

Community Content
        Hunters Hunted II Into the Darkness
        V20 Sleepy Hollow

Comment

DAV20 is the best and worst of the V20 line. It's got some great stuff (Celerity rework, Diamonion rework) some abhorent work (Quietus rework, witches of echidna) and some powers that exemplify what a mixed bag it is (Serpentis got rid of it's rituals but got extreme OPnss, Abyss mysticism is cool and I love that it's in a mainline book but it's broken as all hell, The Ahrimanes that kinda work for what they are but are written like a parody) and some well made art that says the wrong things...

DAV20 isn't so much an aniversary as a reimagining, and I think it was set a hundred years after the last DA game which...

I'd like a more 'proper' update to a DA book, really. The Better changes in DAV20 were for the most part, the more conservative ones, in my opinion at least.

Throw me/White wolf some money with Quietus: Drug Lord, Poison King
          There's more coming soon. Pay what ya want.

Comment

I would like something like Ghouls: Between Kine and Kindred, with extended rules for ghouls, ghoul animals/plants/etc. as well as hints about the remaining Revenants (some had to flood to the Camarilla once the Sabbat left) and the dhampyri, who got very little updating in V20. Also, combining a few of the previous ideas, Deviations of the Blood. Basically, a world tour featuring the main branches of the Kindred, like so:
            1. Bloodlines: Kindred of the Shattered City- a brief update on a few of the major bloodlines, three to six, and how they came about/deal with the modern nights
            2. Ashirra: Kindred of the Scarlet Crescent- a take on how one of the oldest sects is different from the Camarilla
            3. Laibon: Kindred of the Ebony Kingdom- some say they are far descendants of Caine; others say they aren't Kindred at all; they themselves say both are true
            4. Drowned: Kindred of the New World- before Coumbus, they were here, but how and why
            5. Daeva: Kindred of the Midnight Castes (working title)- after the Week of Nightmares, India's Kindred have faced new challenges, and new opportunities
            6. Cathayans: Kindred of the Mysterious East- rumors abound of the Kindred from east Asia, but there isn't any truth to them, or is there?
            It would be a catch-all book, with possible add-ons for more detailed supplements either as part of the original goal or future books. It's kind of a strange idea, but it could work.

THWarted

Comment

The Players guide would be fine. I would like also a book of Damascus by night, focusing on the Ashirra, Salubri and the Gehenna War.

Comment

Once the core rulebooks of the new editions of each of the primary game lines is out, I'd really like an authoritative guide to crossover campaigns. Game mechanics, storytelling tips, and food-for-thought details on how the material needs of each splat can complicate the existences of their allies.

Comment

Vampire: the Masquerade. 30th Aniversary edition.

A V5 edition with a good timeline of important things, extended information about the clans. With more power variations, rituals and background.
                  Less like V20 where they added hundreds of bloodlines just to fill out the pages and less v20 disciplines that are OP.

V5 Fall of the Sabbat
                  Where we learn about the reasons and history of the Sabbat and how it crumbles as they went on their crusades. A book that gives to enough lore not to need any other book of previous versions of Vampire. Also about the Lasombra and Church of Caine leaving as well as the groups that remained and the loss of Mechikko City.

V5 Players Guide
                  As told by Modiphius with added rules for Elders

V5 Fall of Vienna and the Scism of the Banu Haquim
                  How the Tremere HQ fell and the way Banu Haquim and the Setites approached the Camarilla. Like small campaigns. Maybe the Return of the Salubri as the 13th clan.

V5 Second Inquisition
                  As told by Modiphius

V5 Ashira Sect Book
                  All information of the Sect

This space for rent.

Comment

Originally posted by Ethryo View Post
                    Vampire: the Masquerade. 30th Aniversary edition.

A V5 edition with a good timeline of important things, extended information about the clans. With more power variations, rituals and background.
                    Less like V20 where they added hundreds of bloodlines just to fill out the pages and less v20 disciplines that are OP.

V5 Fall of the Sabbat
                    Where we learn about the reasons and history of the Sabbat and how it crumbles as they went on their crusades. A book that gives to enough lore not to need any other book of previous versions of Vampire. Also about the Lasombra and Church of Caine leaving as well as the groups that remained and the loss of Mechikko City.

V5 Players Guide
                    As told by Modiphius with added rules for Elders

V5 Fall of Vienna and the Scism of the Banu Haquim
                    How the Tremere HQ fell and the way Banu Haquim and the Setites approached the Camarilla. Like small campaigns. Maybe the Return of the Salubri as the 13th clan.

V5 Second Inquisition
                    As told by Modiphius

V5 Ashira Sect Book
                    All information of the Sect

Is this satirical?

Throw me/White wolf some money with Quietus: Drug Lord, Poison King
                    There's more coming soon. Pay what ya want.

Comment

We need a book for mechanics and storylines centering around playing Elders and Methuselahs.

Jade Kingdom Warrior

Comment

Originally posted by MyWifeIsScary View Post

Is this satirical?
                        Nope, that is what I want. I like v5, and i Think V20 was more for munchkins who want to play OP vampires. I seriously dislike the idea of bloodpoints as it is a tracker that you have control over and i favour the random hunger that is in the V5.

Also I like the new potence, celerity and fortitude over the old versions and although i dislike the merging of disciplines. It is a minor fault of the system. The disciplines are uch less Op than in V20 which is good in my eyes.

This space for rent.

Comment

Originally posted by Ethryo View Post

As told by Modiphius
                          Well......thats not gonna happen.

Comment

I would want a bunch of Metaplot chronicles like Fall of London

1) Fall of Vienna: A tremere only chronicle in Vienna that dealt with the House Carna and the Second Inquisition. It could have multiple possible endings involving the survival of some of the members of the council or their entire downfall

2) A theo bell/ Hardestadt council: An elder campaign where players play power politics at the fateful meeting where allegedly Theo Bell turned traitor. What cause it? What were they issues? Is Theo really a double agent?

3) A sabbat crusade and Lasombra chronicle: A sabbat pack on crusade in the middle East would discover the secret of Lasombra's survival and then have to escape as Lasombra sent minions to try and stop them. A sort of military and survival story against steep odds.

4) A setite/assamite meeting chronicle: Players might be the investigators following up on that fated meeting where the setites were killed. They would have to unravel the true source of the attacks.

Comment

VDA5 would be splendid, although I feel like a lot of the changes in V5 are meant to be post-Withering so it would be interesting to see where it'd go.

Right now the one thing I really want is already in the Companion, and that's just material on coteries.

Comment

Tokyo by Night - the section in the Camarilla book on it sounded fascinating and I would love to see this book some day

Ashirra sect guide - Something a bit different, I want to see how it differs from the Camarilla and also it's a good way of making V5 feel more global

V5 Ancient Rome: A chronicle and setting guide for playing in the Ancient Roman era - Dark Ages would be cool as well but I think Rome is such an interesting period for Vampires and I'd love to have more lore on that and advice for playing around that time.

Second Inquisition book: We've heard this may be coming in the future anyway, I think it's a great idea and I'm looking forward to it.

Comment

Working...
                                X