What books do you want?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ideon View Post
    I'd love to see something like this, if for no other reason to see what the various European Clans considered their creations myth(s) to be in pre-Christian times.
    There's a book that was released like today on Storytellers Vault that I believe covers this time period.

Community Content
    Hunters Hunted II Into the Darkness
    V20 Sleepy Hollow

Comment

I'd love a Chronicle book set around LA by Night, Seattle, and maybe Austin or Tuscon.

Author of Cthulhu Armageddon, I was a Teenage Weredeer, Straight Outta Fangton, Lucifer's Star, and the Supervillainy Saga.

Comment

Originally posted by CTPhipps View Post
        I'd love a Chronicle book set around LA by Night, Seattle, and maybe Austin or Tuscon.
        Well, there's the Live Plays in LA and Seatle, and games based out of Tuscon and Seattle. I don't know if that is more likely or less likely to result in a chronicle book.

Community Content
        Hunters Hunted II Into the Darkness
        V20 Sleepy Hollow

Comment

A Seattle by Night would be cool but not sure if needed

Comment

How should a city with an ongoing chronicle (L.A. by Night, Seattle by Night, any of the other official ones) be handled? The nature of the ongoing chronicle, with its PCs, can make it feel rather insular as compared to something like Chicago by Night.

Comment

Honestly, I don't think any sourcebook should chain itself to an ongoing chronicle. If you did books for Seattle or LA, you could reference the chronicles, but needing or even just expecting people to stay up to date with them is excessive.

Comment

Wait do those big on-youtube games become canonical? That'd be moronic, and even if you could get the greatest table to do em it would still kinda suck because you'd be denying players cities in a way. ( Players like to think their games are just as legit as other games)

Freedom is the freedom to say that two plus two make four. If that is granted, all else follows.

Comment

Wasn't some weird board game that was going to be played by some big-shots were going to be canon in the series before? Not like the Tabletop itself, but just literally some boardgame. I forgot which thread in this site brought it up, but its hilarious that such sessions after they're played become CANON for whatever inane reason.
                  Last edited by Shakanaka; 11-23-2020, 01:53 AM.

Jade Kingdom Warrior

Comment

Originally posted by Grumpy RPG Reviews View Post
                    Know, or at least expected books, for the V5 line include; Cults of the Blood Gods, the Player's Handbook, Forbidden Faiths, Olsen's Standard Book of British Birds, Children of the Blood and probably Sabbat.

But what books do you want to see released? What subject matters do you want covered?
                    Kindred of the East

Legacies of the Drowned.

Kindred of the Ebony Kingdom

City Book for a South American City like Rio and City Book for something Like Singapore or New Deli. But make these after they are ready to cover the area rather then ignore the weird aspects of the area that need to be covered.

It is a time for great deeds!

Comment

What I would really like, would be:

#1: Ancient Blood: The Book of Elders (or, Book of The Beckoning - the Elders' Masquerade from the neonates),

#2: The Sabbat (I'm really thinking that the Sabbat is imploding in the V5 timeline, and I really think that it would be epically entertaining),

#3: Second Inquisition

#4: A V5 version of Damnation City from VtR.
                      Last edited by Japheth; 11-23-2020, 12:12 AM.

"Remember, remember, the Fifth of November, the Gunpowder Treason and Plot. I know of no reason why the Gunpowder Treason should ever be forgot."

-V for Vendetta

Comment

Originally posted by MyWifeIsScary View Post
                        Wait do those big on-youtube games become canonical? That'd be moronic, and even if you could get the greatest table to do em it would still kinda suck because you'd be denying players cities in a way. ( Players like to think their games are just as legit as other games)

Last I heard all the different product streams are canon, so the board games set canon NPCs etc. for the tabletop cities they are set in, Visual novels determine ( non player facing) events for background in the tabletop, not sure on the card games but I would assume at least the NPCs established would be likewise treated as canon.

Officially sanctioned streaming games set canon for the tabletop as far as I'm aware.

Yeah......its a thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Eldagusto View Post
                          Kindred of the East

Legacies of the Drowned.

I would love them to do a serious rethink of how they approached vampires in Asia, South America, and Africa and provide something more in like with Masquerade, but without the Orientalism of KotE especially.

Comment

Originally posted by Eldagusto View Post
                            Kindred of the East

Legacies of the Drowned.

City Book for a South American City like Rio and City Book for something Like Singapore or New Deli. But make these after they are ready to cover the area rather then ignore the weird aspects of the area that need to be covered.

I'd be very surprised if they ever touch the first three. And if they did they'd probably just make everyone viral-vamps and squish them into the existing Clans.

Theres some pretty good versions of the fourth one on the Vault written by locals, I'd wager that you won't get anything canon for a very long time.

Comment

Originally posted by Damian May View Post

I'd be very surprised if they ever touch the first three. And if they did they'd probably just make everyone viral-vamps and squish them into the existing Clans.

Theres some pretty good versions of the fourth one on the Vault written by locals, I'd wager that you won't get anything canon for a very long time.

The way it looks like its going to go, they're working on the major plotline. I just don't think there are enough fans of KotE and the Laibon to justify a large splatbook for them. Of course, this is only my opinion.

"Remember, remember, the Fifth of November, the Gunpowder Treason and Plot. I know of no reason why the Gunpowder Treason should ever be forgot."

-V for Vendetta

Comment

I mean you don't need fans you make new fans with new products otherwise new anything doesn't work.
                                Originally posted by Damian May View Post

The Vault is probably the only way I would get anything I would actually like I feel it may end up being more satisfying then a mainstream book made to be safe. A Rio book made by a Local you say? Hmm.

It is a time for great deeds!

Comment

Working...
                                X