No announcement yet.

What books do you want?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To be honest, if we are getting the Vampire Companion now, I don’t really feel the need for a Players Guide.

I’d welcome The Sabbat book, if it is done in the same way as the Camarilla and Anarchs books, and possibly incorporating/duplicating the Tzmisce and Lasombra from other sourcebooks. heck, maybe even incorporating the Ravnos. I’d like to see The Second Inquisition as almost a spin-off game. I’d like to see more City and Chronicle books spanning the globe. If it is going to take a while to get to any form of Wraith new edition, if ever, then I’d like to see supplements that integrate ghosts and spirits into the new game.

Comment

Originally posted by Trippy
      To be honest, if we are getting the Vampire Companion now, I don’t really feel the need for a Players Guide.
      So a Companion book and a Players Guide are basically the same?

Jade Kingdom Warrior

Comment

I'd like to see a book of bloodlines with fresh playable options.

I'm not interested in another glut of city by night books. I think with Chicago by Night as good as it is, any Storyteller should be able to refer to that and build their own city instead of holding out for a city book to define other domains.

Comment

Originally posted by Shakanaka View Post

So a Companion book and a Players Guide are basically the same?
          For my purposes, essentially they are. I wouldn’t feel the need to get both.

Comment

Originally posted by Trippy View Post

For my purposes, essentially they are. I wouldn’t feel the need to get both.
            But they promised that in PG we will get more playstyles!

Comment

I'm still thinking that The Beckoning is the Elders' Masquerade against their childer, and we need an Elders sourcebook, much like what War of Ages did for VtM 2nd Edition onward.

Maybe have them (Elders) have extra dice to wield when they have Blood Potency over a certain threshold.
              Last edited by Japheth; 11-23-2020, 03:32 PM.

"Remember, remember, the Fifth of November, the Gunpowder Treason and Plot. I know of no reason why the Gunpowder Treason should ever be forgot."

-V for Vendetta

Comment

Originally posted by Stannis View Post
                I'd like to see a book of bloodlines with fresh playable options.

I'm not interested in another glut of city by night books. I think with Chicago by Night as good as it is, any Storyteller should be able to refer to that and build their own city instead of holding out for a city book to define other domains.
                VtR had a sensational book, entitled Damnation City that delved into the sandbox/crunch of city building. An updated one for V5 would really be useful.

"Remember, remember, the Fifth of November, the Gunpowder Treason and Plot. I know of no reason why the Gunpowder Treason should ever be forgot."

-V for Vendetta

Comment

Originally posted by blailton View Post

But they promised that in PG we will get more playstyles!
                  I’m happy with the playstyles presented in the core.

Comment

Originally posted by Japheth View Post
                    I'm still thinking that The Beckoning is the Elders' Masquerade against their childer, and we need an Elders sourcebook, much like what War of Ages did for VtM 2nd Edition onward.

Maybe have them (Elders) have extra dice to wield when they have Blood Potency over a certain threshold.
                    What would be the point of having an Elder book when the entire settings mechanic dynamic has been capsized to be weaker and Disciplines are only stuck at a flat 5 dots, which is merely Anchillae tier? I doubt they will ever do any Elder material with the current design philosophy surrounding V5, they want to keep things relegated to a weak street or neonate-tier style of play only.

Jade Kingdom Warrior

Comment

What was the point of having an elder book for V:tR in that case?

It's worth it, and it can explore the elder-ness in a cool way.

Comment

Originally posted by Resplendent Fire View Post
                        What was the point of having an elder book for V:tR in that case?

It's worth it, and it can explore the elder-ness in a cool way.

I agree.

To dovetail with my point about an Elders book, playing neonates are fun and all; the lack of elder vampire creation seems to be a huge oversight for those of us whom have been playing VtM more than twenty years.

Let's face it, playing an elder vampire brings into a whole new element --- POWER!!! Elders have the power, and neonates don't. If anything, an Elders book would allow Storytellers the tools to create a truly monstrous kindred of elder power, be it the Prince of a city, Justicars and their archons, and if its true that there's a Sabbat book in 2021/2022, then you'll be able to see Templars, Cardinals, and so on up the power ladder.

Also, if there's ever a V5 DAV, we will need to have the means to create an elder vampire.
                        Last edited by Japheth; 11-24-2020, 11:57 AM.

-V for Vendetta

Comment

Do you really need an elder book? The rules have already made things very clear:
                          There are no 6+ disciplines.
                          Blood potency 5+ is... extraordinarily difficult to play given hunger mechanics. But it's all written down if you want it.

Just add XP. All the mechanics are there for you in the corebook.

Comment

The Sabbat book easily tops the list for me. If it's designed the way I hope it is, it will focus heavily on activities in the middle east and be much more combative and less political. Something for players who want to run head long into the fray rather than play long social and political games.

I'd love to see a book to present alternative optional rules to change aspects of the system for GMs that want to cater their game to their vision. I'm guessing this would be the Player's Guide.

Clan books would be really nice too, although I'd prefer to see larger themed books covering multiple clans instead of twelve or thirteen small ones.

Some more city books would be nice. I would LOVE a new Montreal By Night (being someone who lives there) showing the recent history there and how the factions in that city have changes. I'd also prefer it if there were still some Sabbat in the city. The wonderful thing about the Montreal Sabbat is they were much more spiritual than combative. More focused on their Path philosophies and their approach to morality and dealing with humans. I don't want to lose that and I'm hoping many of the more religious and philosophical Sabbat are still present and have come to an uneasy truce with both the Camarilla and Anarchs to create a triple faction city. Sort of like a kindred Jerusalem where there is peace, but barely.

Comment

Originally posted by MyWifeIsScary View Post
                              Do you really need an elder book? The rules have already made things very clear:
                              There are no 6+ disciplines.
                              Blood potency 5+ is... extraordinarily difficult to play given hunger mechanics. But it's all written down if you want it.

Just add XP. All the mechanics are there for you in the corebook.
                              The V:tR elder book as well as Elysium provided far more than "more dots for everyone." I referenced Thousand Years of Night specifically because V:tR also has a five dot limit on disciplines. I specifically mean the non-mechanical stuff.

For example, one topic that could use coverage is how elders tend to prefer feeding. But also, I think you're overstating the difficulty elders have with feeding.

Comment

Originally posted by Resplendent Fire View Post
                                I specifically mean the non-mechanical stuff
                                ...more in-character, unreliable narrator babble in italic? Like cam and anarch books?

e_e

Comment

Working...
                                X