X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grumpy RPG Reviews
    started a topic What books do you want?

What books do you want?

Know, or at least expected books, for the V5 line include; Cults of the Blood Gods, the Player's Handbook, Forbidden Faiths, Olsen's Standard Book of British Birds, Children of the Blood and probably Sabbat.

But what books do you want to see released? What subject matters do you want covered?

• HardestadtTheEvenYounger
    replied
    Honestly, I would love if they did for Vampire what "Shattered Dreams" did for Werewolf.

Just give us "Enoch by Night" and reveal everything. Who sired who, when, who hates who and why, stats for the Antediluvians were they were "just" Elders, etc. People who wouldn't want to see all the secrets revealed could just ignore it as non-canon.

Leave a comment:

• Trippy
    replied
    Originally posted by adambeyoncelowe View Post

God yes. Or maybe a V5.5/V6? SI as Technocracy stooges feels way more in-keeping with the world we've been playing in for the last three decades.
    Won’t happen. Beyond anything else, they’d only be acting to alienate the existing fans of V5. The time and resources to make a new edition of a major game brand is huge, while other mediums like video games are relying on a degree of continuity from the game’s source too. There has been plenty of disruption already in the last few years, so right now the new development team will be working on new books for the existing game - and let's be clear, the books coming out of Onyx Path especially have been excellent so far. There is plenty of mileage left in this edition. The fan base does not need another edition war.

When people say things like ‘fix the mechanics’, they do realize that they are merely expressing individual opinions? For me, the V5 mechanics are the best designed mechanics that the Vampire game has ever had - and there have been lots of reviews that have essentially said the same. Beyond that, I’ve been playing the game since 1991, and V5 is perfectly in line with the original game and intent, however you have chosen to play it for the last three decades.

Leave a comment:

• adambeyoncelowe
    replied
    Originally posted by Gogobaccala View Post
    As a wishlist?

Elder Book - Fix the mechanics. Bring the scope of the original game back. Stop making VtM into VtR. Both are great games. Their settings define them. They're different.

Sabbat Book - The Sabbat declares victory after getting their teeth kicked in for two decades and has to limp back to Europe and NA as a secret elite society of war veterans. Fix the Humanity mechanics.

Banu Haqim and Lasombra Books - Clan civil wars sound really cool.

Blood Sorcery Book - Fix the mechanics.

Anarch and Camarilla Books - But this time, less gay genocide and make it an Actual Useful Book. How do vampires siege cities under the eye of the SI?

Baali Book - Reveal that Rudi is Tanithbaal-Sahar and that they are taking advantage of the diminished stability to Raise the Children.

Second Inquisition - Reveal it's the Technocracy considering Vampires a credible threat to Consensus after The Bangladesh Incident of 1999. Secret Vatican drone strikes and cabals of government agents tie in perfectly to the good old Order of Reason.
    God yes. Or maybe a V5.5/V6? SI as Technocracy stooges feels way more in-keeping with the world we've been playing in for the last three decades.

Leave a comment:

• Muad'Dib
    replied
    More about Ghouls is all good, but I'd really would like to hear more about what exactly it does to a mortal when they are exposed to the Presence powers (especially Summon or multiple uses of Awe) ; or just how numerous mortal Thralls are. The Blood Bound businessman or stockbroker of a Ventrue Vampire is known, but there is definitely room to explore in regard to Blood Binding the less well-placed mortals who can be very useful. (Blood Bind a person in city transportation, and you can alter the bus routes, for example)
    Last edited by Muad'Dib; 12-13-2020, 03:20 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Resplendent Fire
    replied
    There's ghoul stuff in the upcoming V5 Companion, at least.

Leave a comment:

• Muad'Dib
    replied
    I'd like to see a book that extensively details mortal Blood Bound thralls, and mortals under the sway of Presence and Dominate powers. I even have a nice name for it: the Bound and the Beholden. I feel that this very expansive aspect of Vampires' control over mortals and their societies and institutions has not been given the treatment that it should have. Over half of the 13 Clans have either Presence or Dominate (and the Ventrue have both). There's a lot to write about. There is a tremendous variety in types of servants that a Vampire might have. It has to be noted that within Presence and Dominate, each Power influences differently. Blood Bonding mortals without ghouling is an area that has a lot of potential to explore. Then there are Clan specific approaches to methods of influence and control to be considered.
    As a plus, such a book could also cover animal servants (both Animalism related, and Ghouls), mortal lovers (and treasured mortal friends) of Vampires, and the few mortal families which exist under the purview of Vampires.

Writing this got me thinking - Disciplines specific books might be another idea. Though currently, I think that only Presence and Dominate would provide enough of material and focus to be written about extensively enough for a book.
    Last edited by Muad'Dib; 12-07-2020, 05:51 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Resplendent Fire
    replied
    Infernalism is always a favorite, a bit of pure black to contrast against the shades of gray. Would also be cool to update the Baali in it.

Leave a comment:

• Pleiades
    replied
    would it be nice to have a book on the infernal?

Leave a comment:

• Resplendent Fire
    replied
    Originally posted by MyWifeIsScary View Post
    "Non-merged disciplines"
    Whut, who are you? Royalty? The Changes to vampires in V5 isn't part of some withering, they're a hard retcon; Those disciplines were always merged, and the V5 weapon/armour table is inclusive of all possible options. Once we have all the clans, V5 rules cover everything except infernalism. all you want for a dark ages game is maybe some vampire alt-historical information and maybe a bloodline or two (But you can invent bloodlines pretty easily)
    They're not a retcon in any game I run. Should I ever run V5.

If they do a Vampire: The Dark Ages 5 and make it clear it's a retcon, that's fine. I'll ignore the rules and use VtDA20
    Last edited by Resplendent Fire; 11-29-2020, 09:03 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Gogobaccala
    replied
    As a wishlist?

Elder Book - Fix the mechanics. Bring the scope of the original game back. Stop making VtM into VtR. Both are great games. Their settings define them. They're different.

Sabbat Book - The Sabbat declares victory after getting their teeth kicked in for two decades and has to limp back to Europe and NA as a secret elite society of war veterans. Fix the Humanity mechanics.

Banu Haqim and Lasombra Books - Clan civil wars sound really cool.

Blood Sorcery Book - Fix the mechanics.

Anarch and Camarilla Books - But this time, less gay genocide and make it an Actual Useful Book. How do vampires siege cities under the eye of the SI?

Baali Book - Reveal that Rudi is Tanithbaal-Sahar and that they are taking advantage of the diminished stability to Raise the Children.

Second Inquisition - Reveal it's the Technocracy considering Vampires a credible threat to Consensus after The Bangladesh Incident of 1999. Secret Vatican drone strikes and cabals of government agents tie in perfectly to the good old Order of Reason.

Leave a comment:

• Vendrin
    replied
    I would like books that are published on time. Bonus points if they have been properly edited and are not full of plot holes.

Leave a comment:

• Shakanaka
    replied
    All we know was that they obtained the sample right around the time the 2nd City (Enoch) was about to collapse from the growing instability. So that's a really long time.

Leave a comment:

• MyWifeIsScary
    replied
    Yeah but when? I think it's ancient, but for all i know it could've been two hundred years ago.

Leave a comment:

• Shakanaka
    replied
    The Nagaraja weren't embraced, they like the Tremere, used a ritual to turn themselves into Vampires with Vitae as the ingredient. It was Setite blood.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X