X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shenron
    started a topic Review of Vampire 5th Edition

Review of Vampire 5th Edition

This is my long thought out review of Vampire 5th Edition.

https://flintlocksandwitchery.blogsp...tiion.html?m=1

• Shenron
    replied
    Originally posted by Frontline989 View Post
    For me I think the layout and artwork choices will go down as one of the worst of any WoD book ever produced.
    I think what seemed to be the biggest issue is that in terms of layout, art, tone, and flow they had five different ideas and instead of picking one they went with all of them.

Leave a comment:

• blailton
    replied
    Originally posted by Frontline989 View Post
    For me I think the layout and artwork choices will go down as one of the worst of any WoD book ever produced.
    As someone with hyperopia and astigmatism reading v5 is almost a chore. Even with my glasses on some fractions of the book I simply gave up on reading. I think the winner is a text written in bright letters on a photo of some girls towards the end of the book @_@.

I do understand it was a artistic choice to use a tiny font and then to spread the text in three columns but damn, why? Why leave a relatively large part of the pages in blank if in interviews was said they wanted a thinner book to don't scare new players? OMG They could have used their experiments in a supplement, instead...

The images are debatable. All I know is that the Nosferatu ones enraged me.

Leave a comment:

• Frontline989
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Shenron
    replied
    Originally posted by The Gentleman Gamer View Post

Just to confirm, in case you were in any doubt: Modiphius are responsible for distributing V5, Camarilla, and Anarch, but didn't write, illustrate, or lay the books out. That was Paradox. Also, we (Onyx Path) do offer a PDF of Chicago by Night on DriveThruRPG, but it's a separate purchase to a print copy. Sometimes on DTRPG, you can get a discount when ordering it in print and PDF at the same time, but we don't provide a PDF code to people who buy it in print alone.
    Thank you for your response and clarification. I was not aware of some of that information.

I have edited my review to reflect that information.
    Last edited by Shenron; 11-09-2020, 01:47 PM.

Leave a comment:

• The Gentleman Gamer
    replied
    Originally posted by Shenron View Post
    This is my long thought out review of Vampire 5th Edition.

https://flintlocksandwitchery.blogsp...tiion.html?m=1

Just to confirm, in case you were in any doubt: Modiphius are responsible for distributing V5, Camarilla, and Anarch, but didn't write, illustrate, or lay the books out. That was Paradox. Also, we (Onyx Path) do offer a PDF of Chicago by Night on DriveThruRPG, but it's a separate purchase to a print copy. Sometimes on DTRPG, you can get a discount when ordering it in print and PDF at the same time, but we don't provide a PDF code to people who buy it in print alone.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X