Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Modiphius is bo longer the publisher of vtm,Renegade studios is.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Damian May View Post


    You run a WtA game? Cos you seemed like you'd never had much to do with it based on your posts in the Werewolf forum.

    That basically just sounds like they want to play a different game, so no need to implode the old one.....I guess after V5 I'm just tired of people who express their 'love' for a game by delighting in tearing it down and building something very different in its place.
    Honest question,what was tearead down? The clans and sects are still present. Disciplines too,the themes are the same,nothing was teared down. I feel that any kimd of new edition would be displeasing to you,a new edition by definition has to stay with the times,some changes have to be made. I feel like you just want more of the same more of what was already done. And that's not an insult. It's ok to want thins to stay the same,but it doesn't make any sense to fault a new edition of a rpg for being new

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Nicolas Milioni View Post
      Honest question,what was tearead down? The clans and sects are still present. Disciplines too,the themes are the same,nothing was teared down. I feel that any kimd of new edition would be displeasing to you,a new edition by definition has to stay with the times,some changes have to be made. I feel like you just want more of the same more of what was already done. And that's not an insult. It's ok to want thins to stay the same,but it doesn't make any sense to fault a new edition of a rpg for being new
      Ok...I have the feeling we've done this before and, if I recall correctly, it just leads to you getting angry and yelling at people but lets go with:

      Camarilla are reduced from a powerful overarching umbrella to a caricature of the two old blokes from Trading Places afraid to pick up a mobile phone and losing cities like dominos. The Anarchs have suddenly become the most powerful faction despite having no central leadership or direction mostly not by their own actions but because random forces ( writers) have conspired to magically give them wins worldwide. Sabbat, the second most commonly played chronicles after Camarilla, have been removed from the game as a going concern and shipped off to countries that the writers don't care about.

      So thats a two complete reversals and one ' shipped off to the farm'....thats pretty much text book tearing down and scorched earth policy in my eyes.

      Your feelings don't dictate my reality so you can stop with the couched insults right now. If you have to say something isn't intended as an insult then you absolutely mean it as one.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Nicolas Milioni View Post
        and sects are still present
        Not the person you are quoting but Sabbat was nuked. Theres no rules or even fluff to play as one because unreliable narrator bs. Until we have an out-of-universe explanation to how play sabbat our status are we cannot play in this sect. They dont have Montreal Mexico nothing.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by blailton View Post

          Not the person you are quoting but Sabbat was nuked. Theres no rules or even fluff to play as one because unreliable narrator bs. Until we have an out-of-universe explanation to how play sabbat our status are we cannot play in this sect. They dont have Montreal Mexico nothing.
          Well,I think I've said hat before,but the Sabbat were always meant to be brought back when it's appropriate,their book is officially in development now

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Damian May View Post

            Ok...I have the feeling we've done this before and, if I recall correctly, it just leads to you getting angry and yelling at people but lets go with:

            Camarilla are reduced from a powerful overarching umbrella to a caricature of the two old blokes from Trading Places afraid to pick up a mobile phone and losing cities like dominos. The Anarchs have suddenly become the most powerful faction despite having no central leadership or direction mostly not by their own actions but because random forces ( writers) have conspired to magically give them wins worldwide. Sabbat, the second most commonly played chronicles after Camarilla, have been removed from the game as a going concern and shipped off to countries that the writers don't care about.

            So thats a two complete reversals and one ' shipped off to the farm'....thats pretty much text book tearing down and scorched earth policy in my eyes.

            Your feelings don't dictate my reality so you can stop with the couched insults right now. If you have to say something isn't intended as an insult then you absolutely mean it as one.
            I'll keep to objective facts then
            the Camarilla is still brutally terrifying,did you know that in one v5 book,Prince Marc Decker rules his city in very orwellian manner and everyone is scared of him? And Kevin Jackson controls all gangs of Chicago?.modern technology has only been avoided due to vampire hunters. Keep in mind the Anarchs have indeed been changed fom a non threat to a big threat indeed,you should remember they got three new clans,each with a reason for joining them. The anarchs have become a full blown sect,just as dangerous as any other.
            And again,the Sabbat were not shipped away so much as they are being saved for later,their book is officially being developed.

            Comment


            • I think they were taken off the board so the Camarilla and Anarchs new status quo could be established.


              Author of Cthulhu Armageddon, I was a Teenage Weredeer, Straight Outta Fangton, Lucifer's Star, and the Supervillainy Saga.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Nicolas Milioni View Post
                I'll keep to objective facts then
                the Camarilla is still brutally terrifying,did you know that in one v5 book,Prince Marc Decker rules his city in very orwellian manner and everyone is scared of him? And Kevin Jackson controls all gangs of Chicago?.modern technology has only been avoided due to vampire hunters. Keep in mind the Anarchs have indeed been changed fom a non threat to a big threat indeed,you should remember they got three new clans,each with a reason for joining them. The anarchs have become a full blown sect,just as dangerous as any other.
                And again,the Sabbat were not shipped away so much as they are being saved for later,their book is officially being developed.

                So you agree with my original statement then? Camarilla reduced in power to a shadow of their former selves ( some cities are exceptions), Anarchs waxing strong for reasons that have nothing to do with their own actions. Sabbat exported to the Middle East and all their powerbases destroyed.

                Because that seems very much like a complete change of setting. And sorry, the Sabbat have been removed and are only being put back now a full 2+ years later. You don't get to use things that may possibly exist in the future to argue that things were not removed when they absolutely were and have been for 2+ years and are only going back in now because there has a been a housecleaning of the people in charge.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by CTPhipps View Post
                  I think they were taken off the board so the Camarilla and Anarchs new status quo could be established.

                  100% True.

                  Comment


                  • So, can anybody explain why we are having fourteen Clans now?

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Trippy View Post
                      So, can anybody explain why we are having fourteen Clans now?
                      Why not?

                      We've had two more Antediluvains added to the original 13. There's also potentially many more.


                      Author of Cthulhu Armageddon, I was a Teenage Weredeer, Straight Outta Fangton, Lucifer's Star, and the Supervillainy Saga.

                      Comment


                      • Edit: Moving the first part of my post to the appropriate thread

                        Putting Justin Achilli on the WoD actually restores some of my faith/curiosity about the 5th edition line. I think people are forgetting that Justin also did VtR, meaning he clearly could move away from Vampire Revised, and V20 was an homage to all three previous editions. Creating a specific edition doesn't lock anyone into only being able to think in terms of that edition. Might as well worry he's going to turn it into Grontar: The Frutang.
                        Last edited by Resplendent Fire; 11-16-2020, 12:39 AM.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by MyWifeIsScary View Post
                          Yeah, we should take out all potentially objectionable content. It's all right wing whistle blowing.
                          Don't bring this conspiracy theory up again. Cancel culture is something you needn't worry about in OPP.



                          Author of Cthulhu Armageddon, I was a Teenage Weredeer, Straight Outta Fangton, Lucifer's Star, and the Supervillainy Saga.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by CTPhipps View Post

                            Why not?

                            We've had two more Antediluvains added to the original 13. There's also potentially many more.
                            Well, Vampire has always had lots of Bloodlines, but having 13 Clans seemed to be symbolic and linked to biblical/occult references.

                            Comment


                            • It's just a number.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Resplendent Fire View Post
                                It's just a number.
                                It’s a number that has always been used in the game, as a point of referencing its symbolism.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X