Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Modiphius is bo longer the publisher of vtm,Renegade studios is.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Nicolas Milioni View Post
    but we already have revised,revised didn't cease to exist. Don't you want something new?
    Not pointed at me, but I think many will agree.

In short: NO. I want more stuff along the lines I liked about this game, not a rewrite. "Updated" does not equal to "new". You can update the setting, add new rules tools and concepts, make the system run more smoothly, whatever. What you shouldn't do is changing everything to a point that it feels more like a rewrite than an update. For many, including me, V5 went too far.

If you want a "new" game, then write a new game. Worked for Requiem 2e, much better than the half-assed 1e. Don't make screw up what many people liked and slap an old logo on it, because of brand recognition. Didn't work for D&D 4e, didn't work for NWoD, didn't wotrk for many games and it splitted he WoD fandom greatly this time again. Someone should learn the lesson.

Sorry if it was unconventionally harsh for me, I'm a bit sleep deprived (damn cat...) and it's something that bugs me for years.

If nothing worked, then let's think!

Comment

• For various reasons (part of it being my distaste both for V5 and the community reaction, pro and con, to it), I dropped off as far as V5 news goes.

Can someone please give me a TLDR rundown of what has been happening? I recall Sir Edgelord von Fangstein being dropped as creative lead or something, and a slapdown from Paradox, but why is there now a third (fourth, fifth?) company releasing (and writing?) the books?

In short: WAT?

Comment

• In short... Modiphius has lost the license for WoD IPs, that is now in the hands of a different company. Officially all the involved parties are being tight lipped about the reasons why. Unofficially, it is probably related to the slow rate of production on the part of Modiphius and the debatable quality of what they did produce. For now the changes will, in theory, not impact the work of Onyx Path does with the IP and will probably see more books released in the future from Renegades Studio.

Comment

• Is V5 good yet, or can I go back to hugging my V20 tome?

Comment

• Nothing's been changed. So if you didn't like it on release, you won't like it now.

Throw me/White wolf some money with Quietus: Drug Lord, Poison King
            There's more coming soon. Pay what ya want.

Comment

• Thanks. Back to the shadows I go.

Comment

• I have to disagree, this entire push seems like Paradox is caving to the fans who didn't like V5's limited options and scope in the initial release.

Gogo Baccala

Drag Queen, Ex-Attorney, Freelance Deity

Comment

• Originally posted by Herbert_West View Post
                  Thanks. Back to the shadows I go.

Their is a 'yet' on nothings been changed, so we shall see.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gogobaccala View Post
                    I have to disagree, this entire push seems like Paradox is caving to the fans who didn't like V5's limited options and scope in the initial release.
                    It could be that Paradox is the one who's forcing the V5ism's, and demanding more sales, whilst Mophidius might be people who wanted to backpedal from V5isms. Or it could be Paradox screaming in despair at a bunch of developers who've been drinking same the koolaid. Unless you know someone on the inside, it's speculation, and we can only use what's been released to us: V5 remains just as V5 as it did on release.

Comment

• Originally posted by PMárk View Post

Not pointed at me, but I think many will agree.

In short: NO. I want more stuff along the lines I liked about this game, not a rewrite. "Updated" does not equal to "new". You can update the setting, add new rules tools and concepts, make the system run more smoothly, whatever. What you shouldn't do is changing everything to a point that it feels more like a rewrite than an update. For many, including me, V5 went too far.

If you want a "new" game, then write a new game. Worked for Requiem 2e, much better than the half-assed 1e. Don't make screw up what many people liked and slap an old logo on it, because of brand recognition. Didn't work for D&D 4e, didn't work for NWoD, didn't wotrk for many games and it splitted he WoD fandom greatly this time again. Someone should learn the lesson.

Sorry if it was unconventionally harsh for me, I'm a bit sleep deprived (damn cat...) and it's something that bugs me for years.
                      No problem .

Comment

• Originally posted by Gogobaccala View Post
                        I have to disagree, this entire push seems like Paradox is caving to the fans who didn't like V5's limited options and scope in the initial release.
                        Caving is a really negative way to put it. It does seem that they're moving away from some early decisions, but I wouldn't expect a full blown paradigm shift from V5.

For me, the change gives me hope V5 will be something I like vs. the direction Martin signaled previously wasn't something I wanted to have anything to do with. And with a different possible direction (we'll see with the Companion and Sabbat books) V5 itself is more appealing.

Comment

• Caving isn't negative. It's the culmination of three years of various forces finally pressuring corporate into making products people want.

Gogo Baccala

Drag Queen, Ex-Attorney, Freelance Deity

Comment

• Lol they won't change anything and you will still buy it.

You've been playing around the magic that is black
                            But all the powerful magical mysteries never gave a single thing back

Comment

• Originally posted by Dwight View Post
                              Lol they won't change anything and you will still buy it.
                              I only finally gave V5 a substantive look this month, some two years and three months after publication, after I learned Achilli was working on the line. If the line continues according to the sort of material Martin said we should expect, I'll just go back to the 20th anniversary edition books, or perhaps to some other IP entirely. If Paradox's continued treatment of the line is vastly improved from the trainwreck that was the Camarilla book and edits to Changing Ways, then I'll stick with it. Given that this sort of thing is precisely why Paradox cleaned house, I don't expect that to be the case.

We're not all slaves to brands.
                              Last edited by Resplendent Fire; 11-19-2020, 07:54 PM.

Comment

• But there's a lot of windbag complaints with V5. I might say I don't like it because reasons a,b,c... maybe even get to yyy,yyz,yza,yzb....

But then I also see apparently professional reviewers thinking the game is too adult for them with the biting... or the game is secretly hitler.... y'know, generally fucking silly stuff. Some of the possitive reviews are the most.... misleading. How do we know people are making sense of things? corperate producer types are notoriously dense at times.

Comment

Working...
                                X