Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Modiphius is bo longer the publisher of vtm,Renegade studios is.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CTPhipps View Post

Isn't the fact the vast majority of vampires are high generation a good thing?

It was such bullshit that everyone was 8th or 9th as a Neonate.

They weren't, that was the players at the table abusing the base rules. It did not apply to NPCs at large, or in games where storytellers have taken steps to vet the backgrounds vampires take. Canonically, Lasombra antis and The Seven salubri were the only neonates to routinely have good generation. I think it's unfair to really take a meta problem at the table as a problem with the entire world.

Imo, Players shouldn't put more than three dots into a background in character creation without asking for an exception. It gives them so much more to work towards.
    Also if players really want low gen neonates I say fine. But then of course other characters will covet the blood of such low hanging fruit...

Throw me/White wolf some money with Quietus: Drug Lord, Poison King
    There's more coming soon. Pay what ya want.

Comment

Originally posted by Pleiades View Post

well now, low gens are weak too, so...problem solved, I guess?
      I don't understand how low gens are weak. Especially given low gen is an indication of higher blood potency

"The only consistent wisdom is in knowing you know nothing" ~ Socrates

Comment

Originally posted by Imthestein View Post
        I don't understand how low gens are weak. Especially given low gen is an indication of higher blood potency

So, If you pay attention to the chart, you'll notice that getting more than 4 blood potency is a really, really, really bad idea. You are more hungry, your food options are weaker, your bane is worse... Sure there are benefits but it's pretty clear there's more bad than good once you get to five, nevermind the blood potency of ancients.

Comment

Originally posted by MyWifeIsScary View Post

So, If you pay attention to the chart, you'll notice that getting more than 4 blood potency is a really, really, really bad idea. You are more hungry, your food options are weaker, your bane is worse... Sure there are benefits but it's pretty clear there's more bad than good once you get to five, nevermind the blood potency of ancients.
          And how is that different than previous material? I think the issue is that it wasn't made as obvious but if you read the actual rules related to older vampires they tended to be more hungry, need to sleep longer, etc. There's a reason why it's called a Methuselah's Thirst

"The only consistent wisdom is in knowing you know nothing" ~ Socrates

Comment

Originally posted by Imthestein View Post
            And how is that different than previous material? I think the issue is that it wasn't made as obvious but if you read the actual rules related to older vampires they tended to be more hungry, need to sleep longer, etc. There's a reason why it's called a Methuselah's Thirst
            No, no, no no.

There is no actual rules. Just fluff and speculation.

Older vampires slept longer because they were tired with this shit, and their humanity tends to be lower, and they can afford to torpor. Like, honestly. How many of your young characters have decided to go into torpor and wake up way later? Probably none, because there's so much shit they need doing (and also because you probably don't want to burden your storyteller with the horror of having to imagine what the world'll look like in a hundred years) Methuselah have slow burning plans and little that requires immediate attention.

As for methuselah's thirst. That was god's punishment for being a diablerist, or for being an ancient monstrosity, depending on the political leanings of who you were listening to.

and, above all, the approach to hunger is fundamentally different in V5. In V1-V20, A Beast I am lest a Beast I become. was a real thing; you had to do bad things to control your Beast. Your Beast was your responsibility. "The Beast made me do it" doesn't fly, because either you're in frenzy, or you're in control, and it's your fault you let yourself get to into circumstances where you would frenzy. In V5, the Beast is always riding you, and always making you do bullshit, and 'The beast made me do it' is ever a better excuse as a result. In V1, A 4th gen methuselah, in theory (never mind psychological impact of a few thousand years), had as much control over their beast as a 13th gen. In V5, the 13th gen is a little hungry, the methuselah is maddened by eternal starvation and can barely hold an interaction without murdering everything.

Comment

So does OPP still have the license after they fulfill all their kickstarter obligations? I ask because it looks like Hunters no longer is making W5.
              Last edited by Dwight; 11-12-2020, 06:42 PM.

You've been playing around the magic that is black
              But all the powerful magical mysteries never gave a single thing back

Comment

Originally posted by MyWifeIsScary View Post

Imo, Players shouldn't put more than three dots into a background in character creation without asking for an exception. It gives them so much more to work towards.
                Also if players really want low gen neonates I say fine. But then of course other characters will covet the blood of such low hanging fruit...
                imo, the drama's more fun when you're the childe of some prestigious sire than when you're just some nobody's bloodspill

if it were me, I'd do the opposite, I wouldn't allow players to be higher than 9th gen

-

Comment

Originally posted by Pleiades View Post

imo, the drama's more fun when you're the childe of some prestigious sire than when you're just some nobody's bloodspill

if it were me, I'd do the opposite, I wouldn't allow players to be higher than 9th gen
                  There's nothing preventing someone's 10th, 11th or even 12th Gen sire from being prestigious/notorious. Smiling Jack and John Trent were both 10th Gens.

I also find both aspects to be interesting, having the benefit of a prestigious sire, but being forced to live in their shadow and up to their and others expectations. Or, being someone's bloodspill as you put it and having to prove yourself but having less pressure on you from a sire or organization to be a certain way.

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T-C1bj0rZPM&t=632s

First of all I think this is great news. Obviously I'm not surprised about the Tzimisce getting a write up but I'm rather surprised about the healer Salubri (there might be just 7 of them btw... what a strange number!) and I'm positively shocked about the Ravnos. They were basically a dead clan since the week of nightmares. Instead it seems they've been incorporated into the current metaplot! This undoes stuff going back all the way to Revised but it seems there won't be an hard retcon, just stuff being explained and develped (which is the right thing to do imo).
                    All things considered I'm pretty curious about this new development and I'm more convinced than ever that bringing El_Bastardo back was the best thing that could have happened to the WoD.

P.S.

I'm also pretty certain the whole "death to V5" crowd won't get its collective wishes fulfilled...
                    Last edited by Haquim; 11-12-2020, 07:13 PM.

Comment

Haquim in the video they say fans wanted the Salubri, so their inclusion is a response to that. Also, if they are viable with maybe only seven of them, then the dozens of Ravnos should also be viable.

Comment

Originally posted by Dwight View Post
                        So does OPP still have the license after they fulfill all their kickstarter obligations? I ask because it looks like Hunters no longer is making W5.
                        The answer according to the peeps at OPP is....

"We're talking about it."

Which is ominous but not hopeless.

Author of Cthulhu Armageddon, I was a Teenage Weredeer, Straight Outta Fangton, Lucifer's Star, and the Supervillainy Saga.

Comment

Originally posted by Grumpy RPG Reviews View Post
                          Haquim in the video they say fans wanted the Salubri, so their inclusion is a response to that. Also, if they are viable with maybe only seven of them, then the dozens of Ravnos should also be viable.
                          Assuming nothing is retconned:

* There's the 7 Healer Salubri
                          * The 9 Ashirra Salubri
                          * The Salubri Antitribu
                          * Any defectors from the Antitribu
                          * The Salubri in the Far East since thats opened up now

Author of Cthulhu Armageddon, I was a Teenage Weredeer, Straight Outta Fangton, Lucifer's Star, and the Supervillainy Saga.

Comment

Wow... On the one hard I shouldn't be surprised given the silence we've had from Modiphius but at the same time I kind of am surprised.

Also, who's Renegade Studios? I've never heard of them. With Modiphius I had at least heard of them. But Renegade, I have no idea who they are. And once again, I finding asking the question, why not give it to Onyx Path? While Chicago by Night 5E is sitting on my To Read list, I have read much of the Hecata manuscript and it's clear that even with the issues of V5, OPP knows what they are doing.

Still the Tzimisce are finally on the way along with the surprise appearance of the Salubri which surprises me as V5 looked to be doing away with the Bloodlines and consolidating everything into the Clans and Caitiff. More then that, it looks like the Ravnos have been saved from the chopping block.

Homo sapiens. What an inventive, invincible species. It's only a few million years since they crawled up out of the mud and learned to walk. Puny, defenceless bipeds. They've survived flood, famine and plague. They've survived cosmic wars and holocausts. And now, here they are, out among the stars, waiting to begin a new life. Ready to outsit eternity. They're indomitable. Indomitable.

Comment

My desire for Tzimisce has been flaring pretty hard for the last week. So this is very good news. Ravnos is needed for my chronicle. So that is also good.

With Salubri that also makes doing earlier time periods more easily doable and the inclusion of rules for mortals and ghouls is bound to be helpful.

And its free. So good news all around?

Do we know when next month it will be released?

Comment

Originally posted by omenseer View Post
                                My desire for Tzimisce has been flaring pretty hard for the last week. So this is very good news. Ravnos is needed for my chronicle. So that is also good.

With Salubri that also makes doing earlier time periods more easily doable and the inclusion of rules for mortals and ghouls is bound to be helpful.

And its free. So good news all around?

Do we know when next month it will be released?
                                Before Christmas

Comment

Working...
                                X