Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Modiphius is bo longer the publisher of vtm,Renegade studios is.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bruh I really hope that's just the game doing video game stuff and not anything to do with the TTRP. Anyways with WoD itself finally back in saddle I doubt any of the stuff planned for other "5" lines will come to fruition. Different Tales that made Heart of the Forest; do they have any connections with the development of the TTRP in the first place?
    Last edited by Shakanaka; 11-13-2020, 04:06 AM.

Jade Kingdom Warrior

Comment

Originally posted by CTPhipps View Post

Apparently almost all of the Garou went into the Umbra to stop the Apocalypse and they didn't come back.

But Gaia didn't end.
      ...Okay that just sounds really lame and pointless. It sounds like they're doing for W5 what they did for V5, removing the big leaders so younger ones could take their place while forgetting one very important thing, Garou are mortal. More than that, their very nature is that they die in battle, that they don't die of old age. That some of the major characters die in the span of time between the 90s and 2020s is to be expected.

Nor does WtA need it's world to be worse by having a mass die-off of Garou. The environmental problems are still there and not going away any time soon. In fact IRL, the signs point to things getting worse. So why bother with a pointless non-apocalypse Apocalypse?

I say that as someone who's not the biggest WtA fan.

Homo sapiens. What an inventive, invincible species. It's only a few million years since they crawled up out of the mud and learned to walk. Puny, defenceless bipeds. They've survived flood, famine and plague. They've survived cosmic wars and holocausts. And now, here they are, out among the stars, waiting to begin a new life. Ready to outsit eternity. They're indomitable. Indomitable.

Comment

Apparently almost all of the Garou went into the Umbra to stop the Apocalypse and they didn't come back.

But Gaia didn't end.

So why even bother with W5?

The Hecata are a sect not a clan.

Comment

Heart of the Forest said that about 90% of werewolves died in the Apocalypse but they avoided it. Only the very old and the very young survived.
          As far as I can remember there are in character quotes from the NPCs in that game stating that "A LOT OF GAROUS DIED IN THE NINETIES". I don't know where you found the 90% figure.

What's likely (IMO) is W5 will do the same V5 did: keep some of the major stuff that happened in the Apocalypse book without bringing the Apocalypse to fruition (V5 did keep most of what happened before Gehenna and in the book itself but did not wipe out the get of Caine as a whole, obviously). I think people like Jonas Albrecht, Yuri Konietzko and Zhyzhak are dead and gone though.

Comment

Originally posted by Frontline989 View Post

So why even bother with W5?
            Because its been decades and the Garou Nation is rebuilding? All those dead werewolves are reincarnating after all.

Originally posted by Shakanaka View Post
            Bruh I really hope that's just the game doing video game stuff and not anything to do with the TTRP. Anyways with WoD itself finally back in saddle I doubt any of the stuff planned for other "5" lines will come to fruition. Different Tales that made Heart of the Forest; do they have any connections with the development of the TTRP in the first place?
            They've said that they worked heavily with the W5 development team.

Author of Cthulhu Armageddon, I was a Teenage Weredeer, Straight Outta Fangton, Lucifer's Star, and the Supervillainy Saga.

Comment

With Modiphius no longer being involved in the gameline, I imagine that White Wolf/Paradox is going to have to reprint the Modiphius books under their new banner with the errata that they've complied (some of which is being included in the Companion per the most recent interview with Justin Achilli). I'd personally like to see the Player's Guide deliver on the promise of all Clans in one location and then a Storyteller's Guide include the Mortal and Ghouls rules, the collected Loresheets, and then some of the fluff found in Camarilla, Anarch, and Sabbat.

Does anyone else have thoughts on these theoretical "revised" books?

Comment

When it comes to the Companion,
                I am hopefull that they will make a physical book next year as martyna sad that that they are looking into.
                Last edited by Ethryo; 11-13-2020, 12:36 PM.

This space for rent.

Comment

My biggest fear is Justin reversing everything to Revised status.

I hope we don't get Revised Sabbat again, Paths make them , and the changes in revised (where it turned out that paths actually weren't important, and most of the sect were mindless thugs) really made them a lot less interesting.
                  Last edited by Taggie; 11-13-2020, 01:11 PM.

Comment

The answer according to the peeps at OPP is....

"We're talking about it."

Which is ominous but not hopeless.
                    Sounds like they weren't given a lot of advanced warning

You've been playing around the magic that is black
                    But all the powerful magical mysteries never gave a single thing back

Comment

Originally posted by Taggie View Post
                      I hope we don't get Revised Sabbat again, Paths make them , and the changes in revised (where it turned out that paths actually weren't important, and most of the sect were mindless thugs) really made them a lot less interesting.
                      Eh, most people are not going to be able to change their fundamental morality and worldview to an alien one but then again, I like that being a Path is a sign you've put the work into it.

If Paths were easy, why isn't everyone on them?

Might be worth creating a Path thread if you want to.

Originally posted by Dwight View Post

Sounds like they weren't given a lot of advanced warning
                      I get the impression and this is just me that Modiphius and Paradox are not parting ways on good terms.

Author of Cthulhu Armageddon, I was a Teenage Weredeer, Straight Outta Fangton, Lucifer's Star, and the Supervillainy Saga.

Comment

Eh, most people are not going to be able to change their fundamental morality and worldview to an alien one but then again, I like that being a Path is a sign you've put the work into it.

If Paths were easy, why isn't everyone on them?

Might be worth creating a Path thread if you want to.

The impression I always got was, if you were to be considered True Sabbat, you had to have started to walk a Path, until then, they used you as battle fodder until you either started, or wassialed, they can always make more shovel heads. Or you were a chosen embrace of someone powerful, and they started you on the Path even before the embrace.

Problem with making a Path thread is...what actually would we be discussing, we have no idea how, exactly they are to be implemented, only that they don't work with the current system.
                        Last edited by Taggie; 11-13-2020, 01:42 PM.

Comment

How does Daesh get kids to behead journalists? How did the Mesoamericans whip children to cry before sacrifice? I don't think the idea of Paths is really so alien. Humans are capable of all kinds of monsterous shit, and if you made them into literal blood sucking monsters, they're only going to be capable of more. Though I must admit they're too much of a step down from Roads.

Convictions might be fine, but At some point you'll put so many convictions on your humanity that it ends up not looking like humanity at all. Paths and Roads serve the function better.

Throw me/White wolf some money with Quietus: Drug Lord, Poison King
                          There's more coming soon. Pay what ya want.

Comment

Originally posted by MyWifeIsScary View Post
                            How does Daesh get kids to behead journalists? How did the Mesoamericans whip children to cry before sacrifice? I don't think the idea of Paths is really so alien. Humans are capable of all kinds of monsterous shit, and if you made them into literal blood sucking monsters, they're only going to be capable of more. Though I must admit they're too much of a step down from Roads.

Convictions might be fine, but At some point you'll put so many convictions on your humanity that it ends up not looking like humanity at all. Paths and Roads serve the function better.
                            Best to create a new thread for this discussion. Seriously.

Comment

I'm always surprised every time Paradox/White Wolf/Word of Darkness announces anyone other than OPP is in charge of producing the books, but I can imagine P/WW/WoD going to OPP and saying, "We want you to publish our books, but you need to publish a core book and four supplements a year," and OPP responding, "We (don't work that way and) can't commit to that with out about fourteen dump trucks of money, sorry."
                              Last edited by Florin; 11-13-2020, 02:57 PM. Reason: Added bits in parens

Comment

OPP is Kickstarter based and it's a system that's worked very well for them. Paradox may not think much of it.

Comment

Working...
                                X