Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Modiphius is bo longer the publisher of vtm,Renegade studios is.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, that's why I added the 14 dump trucks of money. It would be super hard to switch business models for OPP.

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ukzSdu1q54E&t=1258s

More information about the companion and a small bit on W5
      Last edited by Haquim; 11-13-2020, 05:16 PM.

Comment

So looks like the HE W5 team has been disbanded, at least 3 of the people that were the only real signs of hope for me are no longer with the project......I hope JA gets some indigenous and non-US/Svensk writers on his team.
        Last edited by Damian May; 11-13-2020, 08:45 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by CTPhipps View Post
          OPP is Kickstarter based and it's a system that's worked very well for them. Paradox may not think much of it.

Damn near every game Renegade ttrpg has on their catalog was kickstarter by Hunters Entertainment. The one that wasn't (before their partnership) they kickstarted themselves.

Community Content
          Hunters Hunted II Into the Darkness
          V20 Sleepy Hollow

Comment

...They've said that they worked heavily with the W5 development team.
            Reactions made by one of the writers on W5 when they streamed it suggest they didn't work with the entire writing team if they worked with any of them at all.

Community Content
            Hunters Hunted II Into the Darkness
            V20 Sleepy Hollow

Comment

We really don’t need the Ravnos back. Ugh.

Remi. she/her. game designer.

Comment

Originally posted by atamajakki View Post
                we really do,
                at this rate, Ravnos might be the only thing I can fully enjoy about this edition

-

Comment

Originally posted by atamajakki View Post

Yeah, we should take out all potentially objectionable content. It's all right wing whistle blowing.

Necromancy should become more respectful of the dead.
                  The Nosferatu should look good and be well regarded.
                  The Tremere should strive to be more inclusive.
                  Thinner blood should be just as good, if not better, than thicker blood
                  The humans should want to and be able to effectively organize large scale and yet highly secretive attacks against vampires... hol' up.

Throw me/White wolf some money with Quietus: Drug Lord, Poison King
                  There's more coming soon. Pay what ya want.

Comment

Apparently almost all of the Garou went into the Umbra to stop the Apocalypse and they didn't come back.

But Gaia didn't end.
                    That's just... Oh well, I don't know why I hoped against all hope for something not like that for W5. Ok, to be fair, I didn't, really, I was almost absolutely sure it'll be something like that. Consequently, there goes my interest of having anything to do with W5 out the window.

Edit: I can't watch the twitch stream and the yt interview right now, but if things are changing, that's hopeful. I know, people who were really into the changes of V5 and liked the direction will be disappointed, but for the other half of the community, these things might be the first signs of hope since the release of V5, that we'll get back at least some ammount of the game and setting we love.
                    Last edited by PMárk; 11-14-2020, 01:40 PM.

If nothing worked, then let's think!

Comment

• Originally posted by SuperSabbatST View Post
                      Thats funny...my greatest hope is reverses everything to revised status lol
                      Yup. If even Achilli and the rest would decide to take a few steps back, to make the setting more close to the original, then that would mean I would be able to use at least the plot and setting stuff from the new books, which, without changing 70% of it, which means i might be interested in buying the books at least for that material, even if I'm not using the V5 system.

However, I'm curious about the "compiled errata" in the companion. I doubt it'll solve all my problems with V5, but it might ease up on things a bit.
                      Last edited by PMárk; 11-14-2020, 01:41 PM.

If nothing worked, then let's think!

Comment

• Originally posted by PMárk View Post

That's just... Oh well, I don't know why I hoped against all hope for something not like that for W5. Ok, to be fair, I didn't, really, I was almost absolutely sure it'll be something like that. Consequently, there goes my interest of having anything to do with W5 out the window.

Edit: I can't watch the twitch stream and the yt interview right now, but if things are changing, that's hopeful. I know, people who were really into the changes of V5 and liked the direction will be disappointed, but for the other half of the community, these things might be the first signs of hope since the release of V5, that we'll get back at least some ammount of the game and setting we love.
                        Well I can only hope it won't be the case because it sounds awesome.

Author of Cthulhu Armageddon, I was a Teenage Weredeer, Straight Outta Fangton, Lucifer's Star, and the Supervillainy Saga.

Comment

• Originally posted by PMárk View Post

Yup. If even Achilli and the rest would decide to take a few steps back, to make the setting more close to the original, then that would mean I would be able to use at least the plot and setting stuff from the new books, which, without changing 70% of it, which means i might be interested in buying the books at least for that material, even if I'm not using the V5 system.

However, I'm curious about the "compiled errata" in the companion. I doubt it'll solve all my problems with V5, but it might ease up on things a bit.
                          I would be very interessed hearing your idea of what "the original setting" is.

Before answering consider Justin Achilli was the man behind Revised and that was a well deserved reaction to the hot and sordid mess that V2 was...

Comment

• Originally posted by Haquim View Post

I would be very interessed hearing your idea of what "the original setting" is.

Before answering consider Justin Achilli was the man behind Revised and that was a well deserved reaction to the hot and sordid mess that V2 was...
                            For my money, V2 was the definitive version of Vampire: The Masquerade....

However, what has really confused me - with the upcoming re-inclusion of the Ravnos, Tzmisce and Salubri Clans is how many Clans are there now? With the inclusion of the original seven in the V5 core (not including Caitaiff or Thin Bloods), the addition or the Band Haqim (Camarilla), The Ministry (Anarchs), Lasombra (Chicago by Night), Hecata (Cults of the Blood Gods) and then these other three......does this mean that we now have 14 Clans?

And the issue with the Ravnos has always been their connection as a Gypsie stereotype. This is problematic because the stereotype was a justification used during the Holocaust. It looks like the developers may be dialing back the cultural ties and just referring to them as traveling tricksters.
                            Last edited by Trippy; 11-14-2020, 05:39 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Trippy View Post

For my money, V2 was the definitive version of Vampire: The Masquerade....

However, what has really confused me - with the upcoming re-inclusion of the Ravnos, Tzmisce and Salubri Clans is how many Clans are there now? With the inclusion of the original seven in the V5 core (not including Caitaiff or Thin Bloods), the addition or the Band Haqim (Camarilla), The Ministry (Anarchs), Lasombra (Chicago by Night), Hecata (Cults of the Blood Gods) and then these other three......does this mean that we now have 14 Clans?
                              We always had 14 clans.
                              The Baali are many.

But, fffff... The Salubri, Like the Capadocians, were meant to die. They're analogies for how independent, relatively nice small-business types will get bodied by aggressive and monopolistic, well organized forces. And having Salubri, a clan synonymous with Goloconda and being nice, 'a thing' again it'd just suck the edge out of the setting. I'd welcome the Antitribe getting big, but the Healers best work as Bygones and I've never been on board with the watchers.
                              And the issue with the Ravnos has always been their connection as a Gypsie stereotype. This is problematic because the stereotype was a justification used during the Holocaust. It looks like the developers may be dialing back the cultural ties and just referring to them as traveling tricksters.
                              I feel strongly that if the western Ravnos were reframed correctly, they'd be really strong thematically. Their issues with vice that keeps them on the run and brings them to jealously despise those who can make it on humanity just makes them so much more compelling than the Gangrel, to me at least. The key, probably, is to have Ravnos a blight on all traveling communities, be they Irish travelers, Gypsies, migrant workers, Biker gangs and other traveling people and not make the assertion that they're a happy and symbiotic coupling (ok, they work extraodinarily well with outlaw biker gangs)
                              Last edited by MyWifeIsScary; 11-14-2020, 06:03 PM.

Throw me/White wolf some money with Quietus: Drug Lord, Poison King
                              There's more coming soon. Pay what ya want.

Comment

• Originally posted by MyWifeIsScary View Post
                                We always had 14 clans.
                                The Baali are many.

But, fffff... The Salubri, Like the Capadocians, were meant to die. They're analogies for how independent, relatively nice small-business types will get bodied by aggressive and monopolistic, well organized forces. And having Salubri, a clan synonymous with Goloconda and being nice, 'a thing' again it'd just suck the edge out of the setting. I'd welcome the Antitribe getting big, but the Healers best work as Bygones and I've never been on board with the watchers.
                                I’ve not really much opinion on that - just like the symbolism of 13 Clans, while there has always been a multitude of Bloodlines.

I feel strongly that if the western Ravnos were reframed correctly, they'd be really strong thematically. Their issues with vice that keeps them on the run and brings them to jealously despise those who can make it on humanity just makes them so much more compelling than the Gangrel, to me at least. The key, probably, is to have Ravnos a blight on all traveling communities, be they Irish travelers, Gypsies, migrant workers, Biker gangs and other traveling people and not make the assertion that they're a happy and symbiotic coupling (ok, they work extraodinarily well with outlaw biker gangs)
                                Well, I refute that. This is the problem, as I see it: the game should not be promoting the idea that traveling people of a particular ethnicity - call them Gypsies, Irish Traveller’s or whatever - should not be stereotypically portrayed in this manner. It plays up to prejudices and is akin to having a "Jewish Clan", which most people would be in outcry about. If there is a Ravnos Clan, then there should be careful consideration of removing any reference to ethnic real world groups. They are still being persecuted around the world today.

The outlaw biker gang motif could work, although I suspect that these would be more like the Gangrel. I’d just see the Ravnos as lone Joker-like figures.

Comment

Working...
                                X