Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Modiphius is bo longer the publisher of vtm,Renegade studios is.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Modiphius is bo longer the publisher of vtm,Renegade studios is.

There will also be a new book with tzimisce in it

Edit from Moderator:

Vampire: The Masquerade Companion Key Features

http://www.geek-pride.co.uk/tabletop...d-of-darkness/
    • Three vampire clans: Tzimisce, Ravnos, Salubri
    • Discipline powers representing each of the new clans
    • How to play rules for ghouls and mortals
    • Details on each clan’s view on vampire coteries
    • Additional Merits for players’ characters
    • Updates to Vampire: The Masquerade 5th Edition core rulebook

Last edited by CTPhipps; 11-12-2020, 02:06 PM.

• CTPhipps
    replied
    Originally posted by Resplendent Fire View Post

There are experienced employees there, including the owner. They've been publishing for six years. It'll be fine.
    This is also not helping.

I'm ready to close the thread people.

Leave a comment:

• Resplendent Fire
    replied
    Originally posted by Japheth View Post

All I saw was mini-niche games that, as I said, I've never heard of. The only major name in that list was Power Rangers that I wouldn't be interested in at all. All other products are just.....meh.

I don't think that they'll be able to handle it.

P.S... If White Wolf Entertainment makes an announcement that OPP still will be involved in publishing WoD material, it will be a relief... I trust OPP far more than RGS.
    There are experienced employees there, including the owner. They've been publishing for six years. It'll be fine.

Leave a comment:

• CTPhipps
    replied
    Originally posted by Vamps Like Us View Post

Al Capone who really could have murdered a father or other family member in real life of a person or even a family playing the game in 1991 would be a far more legit argument of being offended and it would still be stupid to kill off Al Capone, because everyone I knew and most people in general I'll bet thought Capone being one of Lodin's Childer was cool, Untouchables was a big hit at the time.

Yes, some vocal people were offended by Baba Yaga. They killed her off, and the game is worse for it, B.Y. is cool. In the last decade small minorities of people making lot's of noise have gotten lots of changes to lots of things that most people liked or were not bothered by, common sense is required sometimes too. Where is the line drawn in a game based on our actual history and places and yes myths and folk lore. Of course some things were right to be corrected (Ravnos), this was not one of them and the game gets more milquetoast.

Helen of Troy vs King Menelaous, Al Capone, Baba Yaga, Robin Hood, Set, even Louis Pasture showing his face gives the game flavor. I'm quite confident Baba Yaga was popular over all, it's why she is used in movies books comic books and so on, and if you make a game that is very popular with all these flavor bits, and then start taking them away for fear of offending a small vocal minority, you get a blander game.

Of course people can be offended and say so, it does not however automatically make it a wide spread problem that needs correcting.
    Please leave the thread. When I make a statement in red, I do not do it to be argued with or discussed.

Leave a comment:

• Damian May
    replied

What rpgs? I only saw the card game on their site. I even looked at their product lists, and I've never heard of any of their games.

The rpgs are published through their arrangement with Hunters Entertainment, Renegade itself hasn't done any RPGs. However they do share some people who have worked on some of Hunters rpgs.

Of those Outbreak Undead and Altered Carbon are......not good. Alice is missing is gimmicky but good for what it is. And Kids on Bikes/Brooms is a tad derivative but solid.

So not a great track record and certainly not very experienced and a number of the staff have recently moved on to other things......so who knows how it will shake out.

Leave a comment:

• Japheth
    replied
    Multiple RPGs listed on this page. They're just not grouped together. Also several on that page are not marked as RPGs, but in fact are.

https://www.renegadegamestudios.com/games

All I saw was mini-niche games that, as I said, I've never heard of. The only major name in that list was Power Rangers that I wouldn't be interested in at all. All other products are just.....meh.

I don't think that they'll be able to handle it.

P.S... If White Wolf Entertainment makes an announcement that OPP still will be involved in publishing WoD material, it will be a relief... I trust OPP far more than RGS.

Leave a comment:

• Resplendent Fire
    replied
    Multiple RPGs listed on this page. They're just not grouped together. Also several on that page are not marked as RPGs, but in fact are.

https://www.renegadegamestudios.com/games

Leave a comment:

• Japheth
    replied

They do RPGs as well as card games, tabletop games, and other products. It's not a one trick publisher.

What rpgs? I only saw the card game on their site. I even looked at their product lists, and I've never heard of any of their games.

Leave a comment:

• Trippy
    replied
    Getting back to the topic of Modiphius being replaced by Renegade Studios as the publishers of V5:

I'm of two minds. On one hand, I'm curious as to why Modiphius is dropped. The second, I'm a little leery that a company that I've never heard of before the announcement of the V5 Players' Companion is going to be the defacto publisher of the ttrpg. Forgive me, but I don't play ccg card games. I played Jyhad back in the '90s before the brand name switch to VTES, so, a card game company is going to publish my favorite rpg... Call me skeptical, but I think that V5 will be too much to handle for them.....
    It may just be that Modiphius only decided to take on the license to ensure it kept going, but didn’t really have the passion to make it a lasting line. They certainly sold a lot of the core-book from retail figures, which would justify why they would choose to initially take it on, but actually Onyx Path is overtaking them a lot in terms of support. There may have also been lots of editing issues behind the scenes that made them think again too.

Leave a comment:

• Resplendent Fire
    replied
    Getting back to the topic of Modiphius being replaced by Renegade Studios as the publishers of V5:

I'm of two minds. On one hand, I'm curious as to why Modiphius is dropped. The second, I'm a little leery that a company that I've never heard of before the announcement of the V5 Players' Companion is going to be the defacto publisher of the ttrpg. Forgive me, but I don't play ccg card games. I played Jyhad back in the '90s before the brand name switch to VTES, so, a card game company is going to publish my favorite rpg... Call me skeptical, but I think that V5 will be too much to handle for them.....
    They do RPGs as well as card games, tabletop games, and other products. It's not a one trick publisher.

Leave a comment:

• Japheth
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Vamps Like Us
    replied
    Originally posted by CTPhipps View Post
    Dial it down please. Everyone should note that players have the right to be offended by portrayals and share those feelings.
    Al Capone who really could have murdered a father or other family member in real life of a person or even a family playing the game in 1991 would be a far more legit argument of being offended and it would still be stupid to kill off Al Capone, because everyone I knew and most people in general I'll bet thought Capone being one of Lodin's Childer was cool, Untouchables was a big hit at the time.

Yes, some vocal people were offended by Baba Yaga. They killed her off, and the game is worse for it, B.Y. is cool. In the last decade small minorities of people making lot's of noise have gotten lots of changes to lots of things that most people liked or were not bothered by, common sense is required sometimes too. Where is the line drawn in a game based on our actual history and places and yes myths and folk lore. Of course some things were right to be corrected (Ravnos), this was not one of them and the game gets more milquetoast.

Helen of Troy vs King Menelaous, Al Capone, Baba Yaga, Robin Hood, Set, even Louis Pasture showing his face gives the game flavor. I'm quite confident Baba Yaga was popular over all, it's why she is used in movies books comic books and so on, and if you make a game that is very popular with all these flavor bits, and then start taking them away for fear of offending a small vocal minority, you get a blander game.

Of course people can be offended and say so, it does not however automatically make it a wide spread problem that needs correcting.
    Last edited by Vamps Like Us; 11-23-2020, 12:02 AM.

Leave a comment:

• MyWifeIsScary
    replied
    lots of false equivolence here:
    with Caine, He was written from the perspective of someone who knows the story, and the story was twisted appropriately, but also
    Other good examples include Fenrir and Set: people who know the mythology gave new perspectives. Or at least they gave good ideas by revised.

with gypsies, someone clearly doesn't know the story. and just wants to get nasty.
    with Baba Yaga, someone just didnt understand it was a kids story and it just seems silly, maybe more than a little patronizing.

There seems to be this idiotic idea that punching a well established group (christianity) is good while punching a fringe group is always bad. That's a pretty hairy idea when one group you consider 'punching up' because it's a majority somewhere or because you feel it's 'wrong and dangerous' feels it's a category that gets punched down on routinely (Eastern europeans, russians especially, or 'rednecks')

Really, so long as you understand what others believe in and can apply creative liscence alt-histories in a way that seems like a natural part of the setting, rather than as an agenda push, you can punch who you like.

edit:
    aw phipps. This is what happens when I post on a phone.
    Last edited by MyWifeIsScary; 11-22-2020, 11:29 PM.

Leave a comment:

• CTPhipps
    replied
    Dial it down please. Everyone should note that players have the right to be offended by portrayals and share those feelings.

Leave a comment:

• Resplendent Fire
    replied
    Originally posted by Vamps Like Us View Post

No not really I just don't take it seriously as wide spread. A mythical creature (Baba Yaga) was turned into a different mythical creature (a Nosfuratu vampire) and did mean things. That is far less offensive than say Al Capone who could very easily have killed a relative of someone alive in the 90s playing the game is more offensive than Baba Yaga.
    It's not about you or what you think, it's about the people who actually had something to say about it. Other people complaining or not complaining about other issues in the WoD doesn't lend or remove validity to this particular complaint.

A lot of Romany people objected heavily to the WoD book purportedly about their culture as well as the Ravnos depictions in second edition. People objected to other portrayals in the WoD. White Wolf responded accordingly to these complaints, and phantom complaints you introduce here that didn't happen have no bearing or relevance on real world events.

I'm not offended by your remarks, I just think you're extremely off base to make comparisons like this to cast doubt on real world events.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X