No announcement yet.

Paths, and other Sabbat related shenanigans

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We do not know what Vicissitude will be for at least a couple more weeks.

Comment

• Vampires taking advantage of human conflict's great and normal and stuff.
      But having "THE GEHENNA WAR" be the current conflict in the middle east is well beyond good reasoning.

You mean to say that of all the conflicts we've had in the last hundred years or the impending great conflict; Two world wars included, the Cold war included, or perhaps a little in the future with the third world war or constant state of civil wars... The Arab spring is going to be important for vampires? I don't want to belittle a series of ongoing conflicts that's lead to thousands of deaths, but that's clearly not an apocalyptic war. It's going to be so dated when the middle east calms down. What happens then? Do the Sabbat admit they were being morons or do they claim it's 'just the begining' like the end of a bad tv show or do they actually say -yeah, gehenna won, let's enter another long-night-
      Like... it's just such an immature attempt to be topical, something that little belongs in a setting about immortal vampires, and a shitty way to get rid of the second largest sect in the game so we can focus on the Red Vs Blue of Anarchs Vs Cam.

Throw me/White wolf some money with Quietus: Drug Lord, Poison King
      There's more coming soon. Pay what ya want.

Comment

• Might have something to do with Cainite origins being in that part of the world, not so much the mortal conflicts alongside it. We didn't have to have a big war in New York to go alongside the Camarilla taking it from the Sabbat. The Gehenna War and the Beckoning are literally part of Gehenna in V5.

I can't find anything directly connecting this to the Arab Spring. Where would that be?

Comment

• Originally posted by Resplendent Fire View Post
          Might have something to do with Cainite origins being in that part of the world, not so much the mortal conflicts alongside it. We didn't have to have a big war in New York to go alongside the Camarilla taking it from the Sabbat. The Gehenna War and the Beckoning are literally part of Gehenna in V5.

I can't find anything directly connecting this to the Arab Spring. Where would that be?
          It not just might have to do something with it, it's stated in the BJD that the war is happening in the same land where Enoch once stood, and all the Metaplot-Heavy Folks (Sabbat, elders, most likely including TMR whose sacred duty is to protect the meths and antes, probably Inconnu etc) are being stuffed into one place - where it all began, where Jyhad started. The conflict is happening not only there, but the devs unequivocally point to this particular connection. I think it's obvious it's more than just symbolic.

I mentioned Arab Spring as an inseparable part of the larger turmoil which in its own turn kicked off further major events in the ongoing struggle across the whole region, the likes of which are not happening anywhere else in the world right now.
          Last edited by Val_Nir; 11-21-2020, 08:19 AM.

Comment

• Bah, what good is enoch (or the second city) to modern vampires? Even if they could fine the place, Vampires think they'll find recordings there? Who would write down such incriminating histories and if they did, would they write such things down on materials that can survive, in a language that anyone can comprehend today? Why would methuselah pop up now, why would they concentrate around a small area, why would... The more I think about it. The dumber it is.

Throw me/White wolf some money with Quietus: Drug Lord, Poison King
            There's more coming soon. Pay what ya want.

Comment

• Oh right I read your post about it. I meant if there was anything in the V5 products.

I do think it's a bit odd to dismiss the importance of the Arab Spring and ensuing events, for good or ill. Not that you did.

Comment

• Originally posted by MyWifeIsScary View Post
                Bah, what good is enoch (or the second city) to modern vampires? Even if they could fine the place, Vampires think they'll find recordings there? Who would write down such incriminating histories and if they did, would they write such things down on materials that can survive, in a language that anyone can comprehend today? Why would methuselah pop up now, why would they concentrate around a small area, why would... The more I think about it. The dumber it is.
                I believe the word "Gehenna" answers most of what you just said and "Beckoning" answers the rest. That also explains why it's not exactly "dumb." It may not have been a good (or at least palatable for some) decision for the setting, but it fits fine within the existing lore. Elders aren't going there because they decided to all up and search for Enoch or the Second City, they were called. They went there to fight a war, not do archeology.

Comment

Working...
                X