Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Let the Streets Run Red discussion thread (Now Available!)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And here is twoDtens review video
    https://youtu.be/gb-_X1dL5-Y

Comment

Weirdly, I'd like to say how much I like the amount of romance in the books. There's a lot of relationships define by ex-lovers, present lovers, jealousy, and sex. It's something that, despite its inspirations, rarely gets touched on in vampire.

Author of Cthulhu Armageddon, I was a Teenage Weredeer, Straight Outta Fangton, Lucifer's Star, and the Supervillainy Saga.

Comment

I'd have made a face at the idea when I was playing regularly in my mid-20s, but it's probably a good thing to incorporate that. The most iconic literature the game was inspired by was rife with sensuality, stories about love, and vampires as a metaphor for repressed sexuality being released.

Comment

Anyone else feel like one of these stories (I'll let you guess which) is a blatant rip off of Children of the corn?

Comment

Originally posted by Dwight View Post
            Anyone else feel like one of these stories (I'll let you guess which) is a blatant rip off of Children of the corn?
            I think the term is more homage.

Also, there's many zigs instead of zags. After all, the Malkavian ghoul carrying out the rituals is the one who has added human sacrifice and it's arguable that there might not even be any Harvest God at all. It's as much owing to Wicker Man as it is to COTC and the best part of WM is the fact that Lord Summerisle is completely bullshitting his followers. There's no Cthulhu in that movie, it's just a bunch of idiots following a cult leader doing it for the $$$ and power.

I admit, there's some things I would have differently, though.

There's SOMETHING supernatural going on the town but it's very possible that the cult has nothing to do with it.

Originally posted by Matt the Bruins fan View Post
            I'd have made a face at the idea when I was playing regularly in my mid-20s, but it's probably a good thing to incorporate that. The most iconic literature the game was inspired by was rife with sensuality, stories about love, and vampires as a metaphor for repressed sexuality being released.
            For me, I just like that there's some deep and powerful relationships between NPCs that rarely gets done in a lot of the Revised Era. I always felt these deep lasting relationships makes thing more interesting.

Author of Cthulhu Armageddon, I was a Teenage Weredeer, Straight Outta Fangton, Lucifer's Star, and the Supervillainy Saga.

Comment

I did a TV tropes page for the Chicago Chronicles, including LTTSRR

https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.p...ChicagoByNight

Comment

Originally posted by CTPhipps View Post
                New Loresheet: Allicia

The devastatingly beautiful siren of Gary, Indiana has always been a big fish in a very small pond. She's since started to move beyond that since emerging from Modius' shadow. Player characters who know her still find her mysterious and entrancing but have also come to appreciate her other qualities like her naked ambition to be more.
                ----

* Mysterious yet Sexy: Allicia knows how to charm mortals and any attempt to feed via seduction has its difficulty reduced by one. She can do more with a look or smile than many Kindred through hours of conversation.

** Seen but Not Heard: Allicia has immense practice in being able to become invisible during conversations. She's imparted on you some of her skill in being unobtrusive during social situations. Any attempt to compel other people to talk around you or ignore you is reduced by 1.

*** Allicia's Favorite: Allicia and you are either lovers, friends, or close confidants. As such, she will serve as a three dot Malwa. Her influence is limited to the Anarchs, music scene, Torch locations, and local businesses but is growing and may become a 4 dot Malwa soon. It is likely to be a two way street, though.

**** The Power of Hate: Allicia has learned things about resisting the Blood Bond that most Kindred could not imagine and this can be passed down, though usually through tough training. If you have shared her blood and training you can add three extra dice once per storyline to resisting the command of another Kindred. This can also be added to a Willpower expenditure.

***** The Torch: Using the money of her newest lover, Allicia has franchised the Torch into a successful upscale strip club line throughout the Upper Midwest. They are significantly classier than many flesh joints to the point they're almost (but not quite) respectable. You run or have influence over one with four dots to spend on Haven, Herd, Resources, or Chasse. Allicia notably has dedicated the building of the business to a dead friend and lover of hers named Sophia Ayes.
                My old character in our campaign died recently due to a lupine in "Under a Blood Red Moon". A bit self-inflicted, but it made a good story. So I made a new one and wanted to play a Toreador. So the storyteller and I came up with a backstory that I play a high-society brat with Stunning merit, that was to be embraced for that reason by Modius, but before he does it Alicia in a passive aggressive mode towards her sire gives him the middle finger and embraces my character and then see to that another Toreador claims that it is hers. And then she is my secret mentor and Alicia's trophy of victory against her Sire.

So the Storyteller allowed me to purchase this to level 3, with the slight difference that she as of the time in the campaign don't care for the Anarchs.

This space for rent.

Comment

Cool beanz! That's awesome!

Comment

I'm debating doing a Where I Read of LTTSRR but I think it may be somewhat pointless as this thread already exists. Is there enough for a Deep Dive in your opinions, guys?

Comment

I know I'd be interested in doing a deep-dive of stuff, mostly because the other option would be Cults of the Blood Gods and I'm tired of seeing the same three arguments happen about that book.

Comment

Because I had way too much free time on my hand, I started speculating on a mystery no one cares about:

Who did Arthur Cadwell diablerize?

It obviously wasn't Modius or Juggler since both of them are confirmably alive at the end of the Rusted Jungle adventure. However, there's not that many vampires in Gary in the first place. So, what is the identity of his victim and what kind of affect did it have? Here's some adventure hooks I came up with. It's interesting to speculate on whether Arthur's diablerie is responsible for his extra number of derangements (he'd hit in the Antitribu) and comparative Low Humanity for his age.

1. American Monty Coven: Some event like the Second Inquisition injuring him or the Beckoning forced Lucian into torpor. Unfortunately, the ancient Gangrel was found by Arthur and had his ancient blood devoured by the Neonate. Thankfully, for Arthur, Lucian is 1/3rd the age of Mithras and significantly higher in generation. As such, it's a much harsher battle for Arthur but not nearly as unwinnable.

Still, the effects of devouring a 2000 year old Gangrel methusaleh of the 8th generation are not exactly small either. The reason that Arthur is suffering seemingly three derangements (amnesia, chronic vengeance, and split personality) is due to his attempts to "digest" the Methusaleh's power. If not for the fact he was a Malkavian and used to extra voices in his head, he probably would have been possessed by now.

Player characters may want to see about helping Arthur or Lucian gain permanent control over the other, either with magic or strengthening one or the other's connection. Those who enjoy a somewhat GOTHIC punk might actually suggest Arthur has the True Love Merit (Allicia) and that is the real reason he hasn't succumb. Crushing or allowing that to grow might be the key to Lucian being expelled or returned to life.

2. Cannibal: Arthur isn't someone who has devoured one vampire and became a diablerist but several. The dark side of his personality has motivated to eliminate numerous Camarilla-loyal exile over the years. He is unaware of this and his derangement keeps him from the full extent of knowing his depravity. However, the damage to his soul and self-control is still happening. He was probably far higher in generation but made up his sire as a way of making it impossible to confirm his true generation.

3. Sire Killer: Arthur devoured his sire, "Charlie" during a frenzy that has left him with both a deep sense of guilt as well as denial that it has happened. His derangement is actually that he doesn't believe that Charlie is dead and has hallucinated him several times. His denial is so strong it's created multiple other derangements and attempts to think of himself as better than other Kindred by exaggerating their misdeeds in his mind.

Comment

Working...
                        X