Quietus: Drug Lord, Poison king ; Available in the Storyteller's Vault

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quietus: Drug Lord, Poison king ; Available in the Storyteller's Vault

(permission to shamefully self promote granted by The Mods Above)

I released this raw, artistically bankrupt piece of work. I'm immensely unsatisfied by it. I would've liked to work on it more, but there's no money coming in, and also I wrote it on a potato with OpenOffice and then changed some colours around so you'd think I tried to make it presentable, so that's a pipe dream right now. It can be free, because I have no confidence in it, but also you can pay as much as you want so if one of you could give me a million dollars (you would need to pay two million dollars because the publisher gets 50%) that would go a long way in letting me write the overly ambitious full core-book I'll never finish. /self indulgence.

In any case If you're interested in Assamites, or killing your friends in fiction with magical poison, you may want to give it a read. ; I aimed to be 100% faithful to what I thought Quietus essentially is, rather than replace it with something new. It should hopefully add character to your Assamites, and give you insight on why the Assamites are what they are. It's rebalanced a bit, mostly stronger since it's very weak in V20, but hopefully it isn't overpowered. The book is compatible with 1e,2e,revised, V20, whatever dark ages you want... Though there is a section on incidental disciplines that, balance wise, relies on material I haven't released yet (Do what you want with it; you can make them into combo disciplines if you want. )

Oh I threw my obfuscate 1st level replacement in. That's maybe worth a discussion.
    Anyhow; It's free (unless you want to feed me and my kid) so go download it. Feel free to berate my efforts here, or give a positive review on the site. Just don't spoil the secret of Assamite darkening
    Caine gave it to Haquim because black conveys authority; Assamites are boss, yeah?

Throw me/White wolf some money with Quietus: Drug Lord, Poison King
    There's more coming soon. Pay what ya want.

Looks awesome, friend!

Author of Cthulhu Armageddon, I was a Teenage Weredeer, Straight Outta Fangton, Lucifer's Star, and the Supervillainy Saga.

Comment

GRATZ!!! My dream is to have someday enough willpower to write a book.

But...

(unless you want to feed me and my kid)
      ...what about your wife?

Comment

I am reading and I didn't knew Ghouls could soak agg dmge in priors edition :O
        Last edited by blailton; 11-19-2020, 07:49 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by blailton View Post
          I am reading and i didn't knew Ghouls could sok gg dmge in prior edition :O
          Shit, did I write that? I was really just refering to vampires in my opening bit. Didn't think at all about ghouls.
          I looked back on the core books and it seems ghouls soaked as mortals did (besides possibly having Fortitude)
          I'm cool with any interpretation for ghouls: Not soaking makes them easier on the masquerade, soaking lethal but not aggravated works, soaking all three is fine... mortals rarely have a lot of stamina so it doesn't make a huge difference. I suppose it makes a big difference if you ghoul a bear. Fire is supposedly less of an issue for ghouls in these early editions, so maybe it'd make sense to have them weak to aggravated weapons... hmm...

Comment

Originally posted by MyWifeIsScary View Post
            Shit, did I write that? I was really just refering to vampires in my opening bit. Didn't think at all about ghouls.
            I looked back on the core books and it seems ghouls soaked as mortals did (besides possibly having Fortitude)
            I'm cool with any interpretation for ghouls: Not soaking makes them easier on the masquerade, soaking lethal but not aggravated works, soaking all three is fine... mortals rarely have a lot of stamina so it doesn't make a huge difference. I suppose it makes a big difference if you ghoul a bear. Fire is supposedly less of an issue for ghouls in these early editions, so maybe it'd make sense to have them weak to aggravated weapons... hmm...
            I think they don't soak fire accordingly even with what you wrote. Fire, true faith etc. Was the exeption.

Comment

First review gave me three stars cause of presentation and recommended people take the book for free? Devastated.
              Updated with a cleaner look, and bookmarks. Also got rid of the mention of Ghouls.

Comment

First review gave me three stars cause of presentation and recommended people take the book for free? Devastated.
                Updated with a cleaner look, and bookmarks. Also got rid of the mention of Ghouls.

Blablabla10 characters

Comment

I'm sorry. If it's a consolation to you, I had fun reading it and will take much of it for my own chronicle. Although (and this might be where the consolation ends) I play V5 and will convert those ideas to V5. I really like the approach you took and although I was never a big fan of the hashish and poison thing that was attributed to the Banu Hakim/Assamites, but your interpretation seems to be a good way to console the existing lore with a non-racist approach.

I will test it during our chronicle and give feedback later.

"Life's barely long enough to get good at one thing. So be careful what you get good at."

Comment

I'm happy to have these ideas converted to V5.
                    If only V5 would convert all my ideas

Comment

Working...
                    X