Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alternative name for Ministry and Hecata

I'm open to your suggestions.
    Last edited by trueann; 12-11-2020, 01:45 PM.

The Temple and Grave Sent

Comment

Set Followers and Giovanni
      Last edited by blailton; 12-20-2020, 10:44 AM.

Comment

I do like the Temple for Settites although I do honestly think it’s going to predominantly be a regional thing. A like ‘Settite’ as a broad term but Temple or Ministry also make sense to me.

For the Hecata I prefer terms like ‘Cthonics’, ‘Eleusinians’ or, for a more modern vibe and a reference to some spooky conspiracies irl then ‘Skull & Bones’.

Comment

'Cthonics' seems interesting.

Comment

The Shriners.

Comment

I just use Setites and Giovani.

Now if you will excuse me, I need to take my dinosaur for a walk.

Uphill.

In the snow.

Both ways.

What is tolerance? It is the consequence of humanity. We are all formed of frailty and error; let us pardon reciprocally each other's folly. That is the first law of nature.
              Voltaire, "Tolerance" (1764)

Comment

Everyone who practices necromancy is a "Corpse fucker" in my book.

As for the so called "ministry" we can call em the Snake Confederates

Throw me/White wolf some money with Quietus: Drug Lord, Poison King
                There's more coming soon. Pay what ya want.

Comment

I don't know, but now I want to know the denonym for Hecata.

Comment

In the chronicle setting I ST for vampire, I state that all the clan names as we know them from the books are conventions dating from the 17-18th centuries when they became standardized for the sake of convenience. Every clan has always been known by a variety of "names".

The "Followers of Set" or "Setites" is simply the most popular name used by neonates and such of the Camarilla and Anarchs, but that is considered somewhat vulgar (though acceptable). However, the "official" name is the Rouquin. Just like Gangrel means wanderer, and Ventrue means pot-bellied, Rouquin means red-headed which I think is appropriate for the Setites in multiple ways. But hardly anybody uses that name (certainly not the Setites) except for formal occasions by the Camarilla - though those Setites who are "members" of the Camarilla publicly use that term.

I've never come up with an alternate name for the Giovanni, and since I don't follow V5 metaplot at all I completely ignore the Hecata.

Comment

Originally posted by Black Fox View Post
                      I've never come up with an alternate name for the Giovanni, and since I don't follow V5 metaplot at all I completely ignore the Hecata.
                      Yeah, I just honestly prefer the idea that you have the Giovanni clan as this collection of extended families of scumbags and creeps, and then this assortment of Cappadocian survivors (the Sons of Samedi in the Caribbean, and various other groups in Africa, the Middle East and East Asia) who don't like them very much.

What is tolerance? It is the consequence of humanity. We are all formed of frailty and error; let us pardon reciprocally each other's folly. That is the first law of nature.
                      Voltaire, "Tolerance" (1764)

Comment

I'd say Setites would still be how most outsiders call them. As for the renaming, I can see how that makes sense, since Followers of Set is really more the name for an organization. So when you split away a new name seems appropriate. Only Ministry sounds dumb. It again is the name for an organization, not a Clan, in my opinion.
                        But I cant come up with something better. ^^
                        Maybe Setites would be best as a Clan name. As in he is the Antedeluvian they are connected to.

As for Hecata, I can kind of see why, but I prefer Lazerenes.
                        Though I guess you would find many who would still insist on being Giovani for example. Or now call themselves according to their Sub-Family name.

Originally posted by Gryffon15 View Post
                        I do like the Temple for Settites although I do honestly think it’s going to predominantly be a regional thing. A like ‘Settite’ as a broad term but Temple or Ministry also make sense to me.
                        Originally posted by Gryffon15 View Post

For the Hecata I prefer terms like ‘Cthonics’, ‘Eleusinians’ or, for a more modern vibe and a reference to some spooky conspiracies irl then ‘Skull & Bones’.

Chthonics I really don't like. It would go back to the misinterpretation that runs through WW products about what Chthonic actually means. (It would ft the Nosferatu though if you wanted to rename them. Or maybe the Gangrel)

Eleusinians could make an interesting Blood Cult/ vampire religion.

Comment

Speakers for / of Set?

Comment

In my chronicle setting, some Setites are attempting to rebrand themselves as Clan Mekhet. It's a nod to the clan's Egyptian origins but carries none of the religious connotations. Some of the Setites pushing the new name are younger and less religious, and just want to ditch the Set label, while some older and more devout serpents cynically think the rebranding is a good way to lower other Kindred's guards. "Hey, we're Clan X, just like you are. Forget all the worships-a-god-of-evil stuff." It isn't a universal thing. Some Setites like the Ministry (mostly religious ones who didn't worship Set, and clanmates making overtures towards them), while some old schoolers just want to keep being the Followers of Set.

I've long renamed the Giovanni as the Sangiovanni in my games. Since, you know, it's an actual Italian name. Another alternative I've considered using is Giovannini (also a real Italian surname).

Blood and Bourbon, my New Orleans-based Vampire chronicle.

Comment

Plenty of room to find a use for Mekhet for sure.

https://whitewolf.fandom.com/wiki/Mekhet_(VTM)

Comment

Working...
                              X