V5 Vampire Companion

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by IllithidActivity View Post
    Tzimisce I'm so-so about. I like them as being avaricious dragons, but I feel like they've lost some of the "old country nobility" style that they used to have.
    I have to disagree. I think they might be both the hungry dragon and the old country nobility. By comparison,the way Smaug is written (in the book the Hobbit, not the movies) is almost a parody of British landed gentry and the noble class.

Comment

Originally posted by Dwight View Post

Click the link in the second post of this thread
      That’s not the thread they were referring to. The other “merged” thread was 9 pages long.

Comment

Originally posted by JRRParker View Post

The other point I found odd was that mortals and ghouls were given the same attribute spread as vampires, which was not the case in prior editions nor really in keeping with the mortals present within the backgrounds of the core rulebook. Given that this makes for a somewhat more level field of play for mixed stories, I'm not sure I like that for extended play, even though it's what I did for my group's embrace session.
        That makes sense. In V5, you need more dice just to be a functioning character, so any spread weaker than the starting vampire spread is... pretty brutal. If you wanted weaker mortals, you'd either need to reduce the required successes by one, or perhaps two in general, or you could buff vampires more.

Throw me/White wolf some money with Quietus: Drug Lord, Poison King
        There's more coming soon. Pay what ya want.

Comment

Originally posted by Dwight View Post
          Well I like most of it, but I can already hear the complaints about the ravnos bane from some corners of the internet
          It does seem a bit strict, but it's also not far from my guess earlier.

I like the writeup for sure.

Comment

It is an interesting Companion but I was hoping for more merits and flaws.
            Just sad that Caitiff and Salubri do not get any coterie merits.

This space for rent.

Comment

How does the Ravnos ability work with torpor? Is Torpor basically just Ravnos death?

Comment

That definitely needs clarification

Comment

Originally posted by RadioFreeDeath View Post
                  How does the Ravnos ability work with torpor? Is Torpor basically just Ravnos death?
                  While it's not at all described, if I were the ST I would rule that being in Torpor counts as one single "sleep" and so you haven't slept in the same place more than once. You slept for a very long time, once. It's fiddly but I think a better option than all Ravnos burning up while they're out for a month.

Comment

Originally posted by IllithidActivity View Post

While it's not at all described, if I were the ST I would rule that being in Torpor counts as one single "sleep" and so you haven't slept in the same place more than once. You slept for a very long time, once. It's fiddly but I think a better option than all Ravnos burning up while they're out for a month.
                    I would too, and was thinking similar.

Comment

Kind of sad that the Salubri write up was focused on the Seven rather than the Antitribu. After about two decades I'd have expected them to now have an established, if minor, place in the setting. Probably helping organise the rtemnants of the Sabbat considering that the vast majority of them were far too young to feel the Beckoning. I just felt like there was this great concept for a Clan of fallen knights/bandits that was ignored for the same ting again.

Also not a fan of the new Bane, enforced concentualism just clicked for me whereas this doesn't.

As for the rest I have no real feelings one way or the other. I'm not on board with the Tzimisce having dominate, but I wasn't really attached to the Clan and can ignore it. For the rest I'll have to wait until I can do more than skim it, which due to work will be in a few days.

Blue is sarcasm.

If I suggestion I make contradicts in-setting metaphysics please ignore me, I probably brought in scientific ideas.

Comment

Looking at it again, the Lasombra Clan Merit seems ripe for exploitation. Once per session a coterie-mate can add two successes to a roll, and then call the roll a messy critical. Adding two successes in exchange for some kind of bestial act is probably worth it in times of need, but more importantly a messy critical is still a critical, which means you can guarantee the triggering of certain crit-only effects like ending a frenzy with Quell the Beast or creating a perfect memory with The Forgetful Mind.

Comment

Chimestry has always been abit speed bumpy The only real loss is a "do damage with illusions" power which I'd probably house rule in. I'm also thinking of house ruling Ravnos as Fortitude, Presence, Obfuscate since I am not sure how well Animalism matches with them.

Salubri-I think EVERYONE wants to murder you makes more sense for their fallen state than the "Everyone listened to the tremere"

Tzim as full dragons I like maybe some future Dragon themed amalgams

Comment

Animalism is pretty great for Ravnos. Those who develop the power can get a ton of mileage out of it, especially given they can't sleep in one place.

Comment

Originally posted by TwoDSix View Post
                              Kind of sad that the Salubri write up was focused on the Seven rather than the Antitribu. After about two decades I'd have expected them to now have an established, if minor, place in the setting. Probably helping organise the rtemnants of the Sabbat considering that the vast majority of them were far too young to feel the Beckoning. I just felt like there was this great concept for a Clan of fallen knights/bandits that was ignored for the same ting again.

Also not a fan of the new Bane, enforced concentualism just clicked for me whereas this doesn't.
                              You do realize that there's more Healers than just the Seven, right? For years now there have been scattered Salubri Healers around the world because much like the Cappadocians, word of their death has been quite exaggerated. The Seven are merely the famous ones that everyone knows about, letting the rest hide in the shadows as those crazy oddballs take all the attention.

In fact, the Crimson Wedding that sealed the alliance between the Cam and the Ashirra was officiated by a Salubri Healer as the Ashirra protected the Healers for centuries.

Homo sapiens. What an inventive, invincible species. It's only a few million years since they crawled up out of the mud and learned to walk. Puny, defenceless bipeds. They've survived flood, famine and plague. They've survived cosmic wars and holocausts. And now, here they are, out among the stars, waiting to begin a new life. Ready to outsit eternity. They're indomitable. Indomitable.

Comment

Also if the Salubri antitribu get coverage I'd expect it to be in the Sabbat book.

Comment

Working...
                                X