No announcement yet.

V5 Vampire Companion

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ah so just as I suspected.. Vicissitude got merged as an "Amalgam" into Protean... lol...

Also its an Amalgam paired with Dominate? WTF.

Welp, there goes the Tzimisce.

Jade Kingdom Warrior

Comment

Originally posted by IllithidActivity View Post

While it's not at all described, if I were the ST I would rule that being in Torpor counts as one single "sleep" and so you haven't slept in the same place more than once. You slept for a very long time, once. It's fiddly but I think a better option than all Ravnos burning up while they're out for a month.
      Hmm, not looking good for the Ravnos

https://twitter.com/jachilli/status/1339256495800799235

Originally posted by Justin Achilli
      Torpid and/ or staked Ravnos are indeed in for a troublesome fate, and withering is maybe for the lucky ones.

Comment

Imma read it this weekend before I comment.

“No one holds command over me. No man, no god, no Prince. Call your damn Hunt. We shall see who I drag screaming down to hell with me.” The last Ahrimane says this when Mithras calls a Blood Hunt against her.

Comment

Originally posted by Resplendent Fire View Post

Hmm, not looking good for the Ravnos

https://twitter.com/jachilli/status/1339256495800799235

What do nomadic Sabbat do with torpid packmates? Do they take them where ever they go, entrust them with static covens or bury them and move on?

Comment

A strange thing, where I wonder how it was intended: As per the V5 companion Ghouls can learn several level 1 powers per discipline. It is not expressively stated (in contrary to merits) that they lose those on embrace. Is this an oversight or an exception to the rule in the core rule book. (The core rule book itself doesn't expressly forbid having more than five powers per discpline. It just says that 'normally' vampires have '# of powers = # of dots in discipline'. So, is this the exception? I play with the house rule that elders have more than those number, whis could be seen as implied between the lines in the core rule book, but this would be interesting.)

"Life's barely long enough to get good at one thing. So be careful what you get good at."

Comment

Originally posted by Spencer from The Hills View Post

What do nomadic Sabbat do with torpid packmates? Do they take them where ever they go, entrust them with static covens or bury them and move on?
              Sabbat book comes out later.

Anything relevant to the Sabbat is likely to be there, and nothing to this point really touches on the Sabbat's operations.

Comment

This just made me realize that by making Tzimisce a Dominate Clan, it creates needless redundancy in the Sabbat leadership. You might say "no, it makes them a dark reflection of Tremere and Ventrue!" but without Auspex, Tzimisce have now also lost their role as seers and mystics of the Sabbat.

Comment

Anything relevant to the Sabbat is likely to be there, and nothing to this point really touches on the Sabbat's operations.
                  Yes, but I assume that previous books featuring the Sabbat have addressed the issue. Torpor leaves a vampire vulnerable even without the new Ravnos bane, so it's worth securing a longer term haven. For Ravnos, presumably since the Week of Nightmares, that's a travelling haven.

Originally posted by Garygeneric View Post

This just made me realize that by making Tzimisce a Dominate Clan, it creates needless redundancy in the Sabbat leadership. You might say "no, it makes them a dark reflection of Tremere and Ventrue!" but without Auspex, Tzimisce have now also lost their role as seers and mystics of the Sabbat.
                  A lot of Lasombra have either left the Sabbat or been killed by successful turncoats. Combined with this "you're all my property" theme that Tzimisce now have, the latter might go on to be the leading clan of the Sabbat, if any clans are. I think that either the Lasombra will be effectively demoted to antitribu or the other antitribu will level up to the two clans.
                  Last edited by Spencer from The Hills; 12-16-2020, 09:04 PM.

Comment

I'm going on a wild limb to assume the Sabbat are now the Tzimisce (leaders), Salubri (warriors), and Ravnos (Rank and File)

Author of Cthulhu Armageddon, I was a Teenage Weredeer, Straight Outta Fangton, Lucifer's Star, and the Supervillainy Saga.

Comment

Wow, turning Vissicitude into a Protean/Dominate analgam has to be one of the shittiest creative decisions in an edition already filled to the brim with unispired crap.

Amazin'.

Comment

Originally posted by CTPhipps View Post
                        I'm going on a wild limb to assume the Sabbat are now the Tzimisce (leaders), Salubri (warriors), and Ravnos (Rank and File)
                        I feel like the Antitribu will become far more influential

Comment

Originally posted by Logothétēs View Post
                          Wow, turning Vissicitude into a Protean/Dominate analgam has to be one of the shittiest creative decisions in an edition already filled to the brim with unispired crap.

Amazin'.
                          Leave the thread and don't come back. This is not a commentary on whether its okay to hate a change [it is] but no edition warring. If it's not for you, it's not for you but don't make these kind of statements here.

Author of Cthulhu Armageddon, I was a Teenage Weredeer, Straight Outta Fangton, Lucifer's Star, and the Supervillainy Saga.

Comment

I just realized that Chimerstry is effectively in-clan for Setites now. Setites have just as much access to Obfuscate and Presence as Ravnos do. So that's kind of fun, I feel like Setites could make good use of illusions and hallucinations. This is why I was so sure that the Ravnos Disciplines would be Animalism, Fortitude, and Obfuscate with Chimerstry being an Obfuscate/Fortitude amalgam.

Comment

I like the temperamental, or maybe thematic, change to the Tzimisce. That is them moving from an alien spiritually to greedy dragons. Smaug, in the the Hobbit book as compared to the movies, is a solid example of the "new" mentality of the Tzimisce. I also like that some of the Fiends may be found among the Anarchs - that makes sense and is something I have argued for before. But I am curious how the Sabbat Fiends are handling the devastation of the Sect (which some of them likely thought of as their property) in the wake of the Gehenna War.

Comment

Bro the Sabbat is done with this edition, writin' is on da wall.

Jade Kingdom Warrior

Comment

Working...
                                X