V5 Vampire Companion

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Grumpy RPG Reviews View Post
    I like the temperamental, or maybe thematic, change to the Tzimisce. That is them moving from an alien spiritually to greedy dragons. Smaug, in the the Hobbit book as compared to the movies, is a solid example of the "new" mentality of the Tzimisce. I also like that some of the Fiends may be found among the Anarchs - that makes sense and is something I have argued for before. But I am curious how the Sabbat Fiends are handling the devastation of the Sect (which some of them likely thought of as their property) in the wake of the Gehenna War.
    I have to concur. I never liked the Tzimisce Clan as a whole looking like something out of a Clive Barker novel. I mean for crying out loud, This clan was inspired by Dracula. When they first came on the scene, they were wearing top hats,Victorian style clothing, canes, and looked human. Now granted, when Yorak was introduced, followed by The Path of Metamorphosis, it allowed players to take other avenues for Tzimisce characters. But I always believed that The Path of Metamorphosis, Azi Dahaka, and the like, should have been the exception, rather then the rule. Now with this new iteration finally revealed, the original concept of the Tzimisce Clan has been brought back to form. And it has been polished, refined, defined, and perfected...

Comment

Originally posted by Shakanaka View Post
      Bro the Sabbat is done with this edition, writin' is on da wall.
      And the upcoming Sabbat book?

Comment

Originally posted by Resplendent Fire View Post

And the upcoming Sabbat book?

It's gonna be done in a way that the Sabbat are completely hobbled. You take my metaphor too literally. The Sabbat are still going to be done; yes of course because of the sheer demand from the fanbase. Its going to be done piecemeal though.

Jade Kingdom Warrior

Comment

Originally posted by Spencer from The Hills View Post

A lot of Lasombra have either left the Sabbat or been killed by successful turncoats. Combined with this "you're all my property" theme that Tzimisce now have, the latter might go on to be the leading clan of the Sabbat, if any clans are. I think that either the Lasombra will be effectively demoted to antitribu or the other antitribu will level up to the two clans.
          Actually the leaders of those who defected admit that they believe that at least half the Clan will remain in the Sabbat. So the Sabbat Lasombra have been weakened and lost a fair amount internal leadership but they still remain a strong force in the Sect.

Originally posted by Grumpy RPG Reviews View Post
          I like the temperamental, or maybe thematic, change to the Tzimisce. That is them moving from an alien spiritually to greedy dragons. Smaug, in the the Hobbit book as compared to the movies, is a solid example of the "new" mentality of the Tzimisce. I also like that some of the Fiends may be found among the Anarchs - that makes sense and is something I have argued for before. But I am curious how the Sabbat Fiends are handling the devastation of the Sect (which some of them likely thought of as their property) in the wake of the Gehenna War.
          Actually V20 Anarchs Unbound already brought the Tzimisce into the Movement and in fact retconned things so there had always been some Tzimisce that stayed Anarch rather than join the Sabbat. Amusingly they were among the most ardent anti-Sabbat in the Movement, viewing their Sabbat Clanmates as traitors and pawns of the Elders just like the Camarilla, They even claim that the Vaulderie was not just stolen from them by the Sabbat Tzimisce but corrupted into another tool for Elder control.

Which honestly does kinda line up with their write-up in V5. Possessive, quick to get grudges, long to hold them.

Though I will admit there is one Tzimisce I am curious to see what happened to, Vykos, especially after everything that happened to them in BJD.

Homo sapiens. What an inventive, invincible species. It's only a few million years since they crawled up out of the mud and learned to walk. Puny, defenceless bipeds. They've survived flood, famine and plague. They've survived cosmic wars and holocausts. And now, here they are, out among the stars, waiting to begin a new life. Ready to outsit eternity. They're indomitable. Indomitable.

Comment

So....have Tzimisce retroactively never had Auspex now? And have always had Dominate?

Because that change would rewrite a hell of a lot of the Clan history.

Comment

It's gonna be done in a way that the Sabbat are completely hobbled. You take my metaphor too literally. The Sabbat are still going to be done; yes of course because of the sheer demand from the fanbase. Its going to be done piecemeal though.
              Nothing is certain yet.

While I agree that the most logical thing for the upcoming Sabbat book to do is to concentrate on the Sabbat who for one reason or another didn't go to the Gehenna crusade, it's not the only possibility. Considering the fact that the Camarilla book suggests (or rather all but states) that the Ivory Tower is losing the Gehenna war it's entirely possible that next year might see the core of the Sabbat returning, more of lower generation and high blood Potency.

I personally don't think it'll happen until sixth edition, which may be decades away, but it's certainly a possibility.

Blue is sarcasm.

If I suggestion I make contradicts in-setting metaphysics please ignore me, I probably brought in scientific ideas.

Comment

When you say they're done for this edition, that comes across as saying they're done. There's no particular reason to read that as a metaphor. I appreciate your clarification, but not sure there's a point to making declarations at this point.

Comment

Originally posted by Resplendent Fire
                  but not sure there's a point to making declarations at this point.
                  Eh, its just some simple Inductive Reasoning with how everything in this edition has been panning out so far. Though I am certainly hopeful my prediction isn't right, but again, that's just really hopeful.

Jade Kingdom Warrior

Comment

Originally posted by CTPhipps View Post

Leave the thread and don't come back. This is not a commentary on whether its okay to hate a change [it is] but no edition warring. If it's not for you, it's not for you but don't make these kind of statements here.

Oh, I'm sorry, didn't mean to cause a ruckus. I thought this site was the Onyx Path Forum, you know, a place and/or venue for people to publicly discuss and express their opinions about all things Onyx Path-related, so long as a certain etiquette regarding racism, sexism, homophobia and cross-site drama is maintained.

I didn't realise it was actually a support group for washed up RPG writers who can't write decent modern pulp fiction to save their lives. My (false, otudated) impression was that private blogs and Facebook groups still fulfill that sort of function. Please don't put the scary red font on, mister newly appointed internet moderator. I'll take my icky and gross opinions to a secure location where they can't harm anyone, anymore. MySpace, perhaps.

Comment

Logothétēs
                      Nah man, you don't understand. Onyx path are a business, not a bunch of fans. They're fully within their right to restrict speech in the interest of their business. You can state that you don't like something in V5, just try not to be an ass about the whole edition.

Throw me/White wolf some money with Quietus: Drug Lord, Poison King
                      There's more coming soon. Pay what ya want.

Comment

Originally posted by MyWifeIsScary View Post
                        Logothétēs
                        Nah man, you don't understand. Onyx path are a business, not a bunch of fans. They're fully within their right to restrict speech in the interest of their business. You can state that you don't like something in V5, just try not to be an ass about the whole edition.
                        Who are you and what have you done with MWIS?

Comment

anyone has a direct link to the book?
                          I don't feel like making a paradox account to get it

-

Comment

Originally posted by BadFurryFanFic View Post

Who are you and what have you done with MWIS?

Maybe he diablerized the wrong Methuselah and now he's become possessed. lol

Jade Kingdom Warrior

Comment

Nah I just don't like to see people get banned, especially when they agree with me. It'd be terrible for this place to become an echo chamber. Also, devs tend to filter you out in their heads when you're mad at them, so even though you might be very passionate about the topic, it's best to appear calm and collected, even as you're frothing all over the keyboard.

On topic; I fully expected these changes to be made. I've said a lot elsewhere so I don't think I need to say much here. Forcing disciplines together is bad; many concise disciplines is better than a few giant messes. While I appreciated the metaphysical seperation of Obfuscate (a mind trick) and Chimestry (Illusory substance) in prior editions it does make sense to merge them within the context of V5 (Gameplay>Story) but it's a pitty that now one has to choose between their own invisibility or Masks and illusions due to the 5-power limit.

Throw me/White wolf some money with Quietus: Drug Lord, Poison King
                              There's more coming soon. Pay what ya want.

Comment

Originally posted by CTPhipps View Post
                                I'm going on a wild limb to assume the Sabbat are now the Tzimisce (leaders), Salubri (warriors), and Ravnos (Rank and File)
                                I'm pretty sure the antis will still be there, just because Theo gave a guy the shotgun shave dosen't mean the whole clan is going to up and leave the sabbat.

You've been playing around the magic that is black
                                But all the powerful magical mysteries never gave a single thing back

Comment

Working...
                                X