Rules Question - Linking "Compel" with "Intimidate"

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rules Question - Linking "Compel" with "Intimidate"

Under the RAW using "Compel" is just a Dominate + Charisma roll.

How would you get "Intimidate" in to mix? Such as using "Compel" in an effort to make threatening someone more, well, compelling?

One could lower the difficulty of Intimidate by 1, immediately after employing Compel (a few times) to demonstrate to someone that they have no choice but to do what the dominator says.

Comment

why intimidate somebody if you're already dominating them?

Comment

Originally posted by archderd View Post
        why intimidate somebody if you're already dominating them?
        I meant as a way to expand the dice pool involved.

Comment

Originally posted by Grumpy RPG Reviews View Post

I meant as a way to expand the dice pool involved.

in that case look with puppy eyes to your ST
          Last edited by archderd; 12-19-2020, 02:02 PM.

Comment

I dont quite get why you would need to get Intimidate into the mix ^^" (you mean the skill, right?) IIRC thats already part of Charisma

Comment

I was hoping something like ("sit down and shut up") Intimidate + Dominate or even Intimidate + Dominate + Charisma was possible. But it isn't.

Comment

I know what you mean but (I looked it up) thats actually is part of Charisma... though luck.

Comment

Declare action. "I will use a Dominate compel to intimidate them to shut up and sit."
                  Different kind of solutions.
                  1) You roll for Compell and your victim will now sit and shut up. They are now in a weaker position and your ST might award you the successess in bonus dice in your intimidate action which follows.
                  2) You level of Dominate functions as a quality tool in the Intimidation process. Either just dots in Dominate as extra dice or your ST does not want two rolls and just declares that all your dots in Dominate add to the Successess, when have rolled at least 1 Success in your Intimidation roll.

Gamelines: Requiem, Lost, Awakening, Trinity Continuum: Aeon, some V5.
                  Likes cheesecake (quark-based)

Comment

Working...
                  X