V5 feeding difficulty

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• V5 feeding difficulty

I'm running a game and am having trouble with setting feeding difficulties for the characters.
    The Hunting Ground chart on page 308 gives sample difficulties for hunting in different areas, this seems pretty cut and dried, until we were sorting out the coterie's domain and I was reading the Chasse section on page 196, which mentioned that one dot in Chasse provides them with a default hunting Difficulty of 6 inside their domain and each dot beyond that decreases the difficulty.

Using this method, until a Coterie get a Chasse of 5, why would they not do all their hunting in the Rack or other accessible area and never worry about the Chasse of their domain?
    In fact, if a neonate coterie get a very basic domain (and given that the best domains would likely be spoken for, I would assume that this is the norm for PC coteries), how are they supposed to survive if feeding is difficulty 6?
    Has anyone got a good way to get the coterie more invested in their domain, or to rationalise the feeding difficulty for low Chasse domains.

Thanks.

Have you factored in feeding styles? A dozen nightclubs and bars won't help a body bagger much and a safe neighborhood makes it tough on an alley cat.

Comment

Originally posted by MonkeyBloke View Post
      Using this method, until a Coterie get a Chasse of 5, why would they not do all their hunting in the Rack or other accessible area and never worry about the Chasse of their domain?
      Because if they're eating outside of their Domain then they're poaching, unless they have explicit permission from whoever owns that neighborhood's Rack. If every vampire rushed to the Rack whenever they needed a quick fix then bodies would start piling up, which is exactly why it's a gated luxury. Allowing a neonate to feed there would be a great way to collect minor Boons from rookie vampires.

So the answer to your question is that if a coterie's Domain isn't great then you can set up plot-related reasons for them not to feed in their own Domain, with all the potential perils and pitfalls that that entails.

Comment

I use their successes to determine how complicated the situation is going to be, and if there is a crit or a lot of successes I also factor in resonance and even dyscrasia.

Comment

Working...
        X