Do Tremere feel the Beckoning?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do Tremere feel the Beckoning?

From what we know so far of the Beckoning in V5, Thin-bloods of course don't feel it, Caitiffs apparently also don't, and conspicuously the Hecata, who are heavily implied to have killed their Antediluvian, also don't. This leads to the question: If the Council of Seven and the Worm at Vienna were destroyed by the SI, and the Tremere are now incapable of bonding anyone, are they feeling the Beckoning at all? You could speculate that those who have read the book of Grave War might be immune to it.
    Conversely, if they still feel the beckoning, who or what would be calling them? Also, do we have confirmation of any other group that is immune to it (like say the Ravnos)?

We know that definitly members of Banu Haquim, Toreador, Ventrue, Lasombra, Brujah are beckoned

Tremere actually just might be in many cases to young and the tip of the Pyramid is either reported destroyed or MIA/in hiding.

Ravnos & Hecata are the only confirmed cases that are immune.

It´s actually not known what is causing the beckoning - it could be the 13 Antes. other 4th Gen. or even the 2nd. or CAINE!

Gamelines: Requiem, Lost, Awakening, Trinity Continuum: Aeon, some V5.
    Likes cheesecake (quark-based)

Comment

Originally posted by maekkel View Post

Ravnos & Hecata are the only confirmed cases that are immune.

It´s actually not known what is causing the beckoning - it could be the 13 Antes. other 4th Gen. or even the 2nd. or CAINE!
      Those are also the only clans whose Antediluvians are not only really dead, but really most sincerely dead.

But if the Antediluvians are behind the Beckoning, why is everyone going to the Middle East? Surely all the Antediluvians aren't there. The last we heard of Tzimisce, it was under New York.

Comment

The Antes can travel, and Tzimisce could have flubbered it´s way there - besides - it´s also it´s supposed ancestral home. And everyone is gooing, why should it not go there too ;-)

Gamelines: Requiem, Lost, Awakening, Trinity Continuum: Aeon, some V5.
        Likes cheesecake (quark-based)

Comment

I suppose it's possible that a single ancient with sufficiently advanced Presence or Blood Sorcery could be responsible, and just not bothering with the elders of clans that have fallen.

Comment

I been thinking the same thing. Based on what I can remember, only about half the clans should be headed for the Middle East. Ravnos and Hecata- immune, no founder left. Banu Haqim- once Turkey, now Afghanistan, definitely something up. Ministry/Settites- founder may be destroyed, but would be in Egypt, technically not really Middle East, but close. Ventrue- body supposedly destroyed, but I feel that something survived (personal feeling is that he became a High Umbral deity of some sort), whereabouts unknown. Nosferatu- who knows where he is, literally he hunted everywhere. Gangrel- the same, although she may be bonding with the entire planet, so everywhere at once? Malkavian- blood in Jerusalem, mind spread throughout the clan, take your pick where he actually is. Toreador- no ideas, but slightly more likely in Europe than elsewhere. Brujah- Tunisia, buried in the remains of Cartharge, again, not strictly Middle East. Tremere- Vienna doesn't seem to be calling anyone, but considering the clan origins, maybe multiple masters. Lasombra- masquerading in Spain, but may have move on. Tsimisce- last seen in NYC, but was planning on relocating, no idea where. Salubri- at least part of him is still in Romania, but the rest unknown, could be moving on. If there are any others 3rd gen or lower, their origins and influences are unknown.

THWarted

Comment

According to Cults of the Blood Gods THE ONLY CLAN who doesn't feel the beckoning is the Hecata. So yes, it appears Tremere are being beckoned. Considering how they can have 2 3rd generation vampires competing over them this seems actually fine to me (I still don't like the beckopning though)

Comment

My opinion is that the Tremere felt the Beckoning to Vienna and whatever was there (Saulot?) ate them before the Second Inquisition took out the survivors.

Author of Cthulhu Armageddon, I was a Teenage Weredeer, Straight Outta Fangton, Lucifer's Star, and the Supervillainy Saga.

Comment

Originally posted by CTPhipps View Post
                  My opinion is that the Tremere felt the Beckoning to Vienna and whatever was there (Saulot?) ate them before the Second Inquisition took out the survivors.
                  Honestly it's hard to say one way or the other. A lot of older Kindred are uncounted for right now in V5 beyond just the Tremere so it's hard to say who's alive, who's been killed and who's been Beckoned right now.

Homo sapiens. What an inventive, invincible species. It's only a few million years since they crawled up out of the mud and learned to walk. Puny, defenceless bipeds. They've survived flood, famine and plague. They've survived cosmic wars and holocausts. And now, here they are, out among the stars, waiting to begin a new life. Ready to outsit eternity. They're indomitable. Indomitable.

Comment

Assuming the Beckoning is caused by Antediluvians calling their childer home...

By blood, the Tremere are Tzimisce. They were Embraced with Tzimisce vitae and they've all got a sliver of the Eldest inside of them.

So if the Tzimisce are feeling the Beckoning, the Tremere are too.

They could also be double-cursed because of the Salubri, if those guys are getting Beckoned. The Tremere may not have been Embraced by the Healer Clan, but pretty much all of the eldest Tremere have diablerized a Salubri at some point, and most modern warlocks are their descendants. It may not be as strong a blood connection as the Tzimisce one, but there's plenty Saulot in their vitae too.

Blood and Bourbon, my New Orleans-based Vampire chronicle.

Comment

Originally posted by Toby Weingarten View Post
                      Toreador- no ideas, but slightly more likely in Europe than elsewhere.
                      San Fransisco perhaps. I'll make a post on it when I have time, but there are hints I've seen that Arikels strategy in the Jyhad is very different to the other Antediluvians. And terrifyingly close to culmination.

Comment

Working...
                      X