X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about Baal Caress (Quietus 4), Masquerade 20th

Hi everyone

First of all sorry about my english.

I have a question about Quietus 4, Baal caress. In the book does not say what happend when you dont use transmuted points of blood in a weapon. I just want to know how much last these transmuted points. I checked google for an answer before asking here but I only found one post about this on reddit, they said that is up to the storyteller but it should not last more than a scene. However my storyteller says that these points are eternal and the effect last untill the end of times. But I think that this is wrong since if its like that another vampires could kidnap and dominate an assamite to milk these points from him.

So what do you think guys?

I'm pretty sure unused points are lost at the end of scene and become inert or just dissolve into nothingness.

Comment

Come on guys I need more replies on this. I want to know your opinion.

Comment

Quietus isn't the best written discipline.

RAW, it seems like it could be indefinite, and at the end there's "For this reason, many vampires choose to coat their weapons with a significant quantity of blood" suggesting they stockpile it. This also makes it quite comparable to 'Burning blade", a level 2 ritual, which also lasts until it's used rather than a period of time.

Alternatively looking at the book, I think Quietus poisons, as products of vitae, last just as long as vitae does outside the body. If it is permanent, perhaps the -it's still kinda vitae- thing keeps Assamites from stockpiling the poison en-mass, because thaumaturges could take advantage of the poison.

A lot of powers end with 'till the next sunrise' if that's more your boat.

You could also look at the storyteller's vault for more comprehensive Quietus rules on a pay-what-you-want scheme... eh... Why do I feel guilt?
        Last edited by MyWifeIsScary; 12-30-2020, 06:34 PM.

Throw me/White wolf some money with Quietus: Drug Lord, Poison King
        There's more coming soon. Pay what ya want.

Comment

Working...
        X