Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [VtM5] Banu Haqim clan compulsion

On page 166 of the Camarilla book for VtM5 it states:
    For one scene, the vampire must slake at least one Hunger from anyone, friend or foe, that acts against a
    Conviction of theirs. Failing to do so results in a three-dice penalty to all rolls until the Compulsion is satisfied
    or the scene ends. (If the one fed from is also a vampire, don’t forget to test for Bane-induced Hunger frenzy.)

Does that mean that the character basically has to kill any mortal that acts against a character's Conviction if their Hunger is low, since that's the only way to reduce Hunger to 0 for a Vampire with a sufficiently high Blood Potency? What happens if Hunger is already at 0?
    Last edited by Maledicta; 12-28-2020, 06:48 PM.

Originally posted by Maledicta View Post
    ... What happens if Hunger is already at 0?
    If their Hunger is already at 0 then they cannot roll a Bestial Failure or Messy Critical and get a compulsion unless someone used Dementation and does enough Willpower damage to impair them. A let's face it, if you give someone the Banu compulsion from Dementation you deserve the impending bite from said Banu that is likely coming.

Community Content
    Hunters Hunted II Into the Darkness
    V20 Sleepy Hollow

Comment

It does not imply killing a mortal, the resolution is to satisfy one hunger of the "offender" be it mortal or vampire - also you can decide to not follow the compulsion, but suffer the penality.
      Compulsion are like an itch - it feels good to follow them - i.e. getting rid of the penalities.

Slaking one Hunger is not the same as reducing the Hunger score by 1. Even a Vamp at Hunger 0 can slake 1 Hunger (but can nothing do with it)

Btw: I would rather house rule make the Penality = Bane Severity (Which would be -2 for a BP 1 Banu Haqim), this would fit in nicer with the general design of the penality driven compulsions.

Gamelines: Requiem, Lost, Awakening, Trinity Continuum: Aeon, some V5.
      Likes cheesecake (quark-based)

Comment

Originally posted by maekkel View Post
        It does not imply killing a mortal, the resolution is to satisfy one hunger of the "offender" be it mortal or vampire - also you can decide to not follow the compulsion, but suffer the penality.
        Compulsion are like an itch - it feels good to follow them - i.e. getting rid of the penalities.
        But still, it's pretty harsh compared to the other clans' compulsions, isn't it?

Slaking one Hunger is not the same as reducing the Hunger score by 1. Even a Vamp at Hunger 0 can slake 1 Hunger (but can nothing do with it)
        That's very vague and abstract, imo. But I get what you're saying.

Btw: I would rather house rule make the Penality = Bane Severity (Which would be -2 for a BP 1 Banu Haqim), this would fit in nicer with the general design of the penality driven compulsions.
        That's a good idea, I'll probably do that.

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
        X