Lore about San Antonio?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lore about San Antonio?

I'm looking to put together a game together that takes place in San Antonio. I was wondering if there was any lore about the City I may have missed? I've looked around online and saw that Western Texas had fallen to the Sabbat. Is there anything that has been released that says this is still the case?

Don’t forget the Alamo (tons of wraiths).

Good luck 😊.

“No one holds command over me. No man, no god, no Prince. Call your damn Hunt. We shall see who I drag screaming down to hell with me.” The last Ahrimane says this when Mithras calls a Blood Hunt against her. She/her.

Comment

As far as I know the only Sabbat domain in Texas is El Paso. But I guess more cities could have fallen in the East Coast siege of 1999.

Comment

Also I think San Antonio is in east Texas (my friend used to live in Houston and she says it’s only a couple hours away). It’s probably a Camarilla city.

RaeBae lol

Sorry. I know someone who used to use that as her screen name.

And seriously. The Alamo is full of wraiths (and a Starbucks lol).

“No one holds command over me. No man, no god, no Prince. Call your damn Hunt. We shall see who I drag screaming down to hell with me.” The last Ahrimane says this when Mithras calls a Blood Hunt against her. She/her.

Comment

Originally posted by Penelope View Post
          Don’t forget the Alamo (tons of wraiths).
          Stolen bicycles are sometimes hidden in the basement of the Alamo.

Also I think San Antonio is in east Texas (my friend used to live in Houston and she says it’s only a couple hours away). It’s probably a Camarilla city.
          San Antonio is in south / south central Texas. East Texas is a very different region.

There is probably a lot of old colonial feel to the vampires of San Antonio, but that is a guess and not specifically informed by lore.

Comment

Grumpy RPG Reviews thank you. I actually asked my friend this morning (she went to law school in Houston) and she said San Antonio is 200 miles from Houston. She also said they have a Starbucks like literally next door to the Alamo.

Comment

Officially? Little or nothing that I'm aware of.

It was the setting for the 2014 - 2017 medical drama series The Night Shift, which focused on the staff of the ER late shift at on of the local hospitals. Also the 1977 Neo-noir film Rolling Thunder.

The novel I'll Never Get Out of This World Alive by Steve Earl is set in 19623 and is about a junkie ex-doctor who is haunted by the ghost of Hank Williams Sr.
              Before he became entirely a YA writer, Rick Riordan wrote a series of detective novels called the Tres Nevarre series which center around San Antonio.

The Alamo is most likely considered Elysium by the city's vampires (in addition to being the central and most powerful citadel of the city's wraiths). My own take would likely be that there's a long standing population of Lasombra antitribu in the city, with their original leader probably being one of the city's earliest Princes.

What is tolerance? It is the consequence of humanity. We are all formed of frailty and error; let us pardon reciprocally each other's folly. That is the first law of nature.
              Voltaire, "Tolerance" (1764)

Comment

The Justicar Petrus was in San Antonio in 2006, restoring the Masquerade in the city. (Guide to the Camarilla V5, p. 14).

Comment

What clan is he? Idk him.

I guess that implies San Antonio is a Camarilla city rather than an Anarch city.

Comment

I guess that implies San Antonio is a Camarilla city rather than an Anarch city.
                    Although since both El Paso and Mexico are only a couple hundred miles away, I imagine San Antonio gets a great deal of trouble from the Sabbat. It's not exactly close enough that Sabbat packs can drive to and from San Antonio in a single night. [EDIT: And obviously, when it comes to Mexico, there's also the border crossing to consider. Though for the Sabbat, this seems like almost a trivial obstacle.] They'd still need to acquire shelter. But it's close enough that many packs may not consider it a big deal to make the trip multiple times a year.

So Camarilla-Sabbat conflicts probably factor heavily into the city's history and current affairs.
                    Last edited by Bluecho; 01-05-2021, 01:59 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bluecho View Post
                      Although since both El Paso and Mexico are only a couple hundred miles away, I imagine San Antonio gets a great deal of trouble from the Sabbat. It's not exactly close enough that Sabbat packs can drive to and from San Antonio in a single night. [EDIT: And obviously, when it comes to Mexico, there's also the border crossing to consider. Though for the Sabbat, this seems like almost a trivial obstacle.] They'd still need to acquire shelter. But it's close enough that many packs may not consider it a big deal to make the trip multiple times a year.

So Camarilla-Sabbat conflicts probably factor heavily into the city's history and current affairs.
                      Right. But isn’t the Sabbat pretty much gone in V5? But I guess in V20 Sabbat packs from Mexico would be a pretty big threat.

Comment

The area was colonized by the Spanish in the early 18th century and formally founded a few decades later. It served as the regional capital of the area until after the Texas Revolution, meaning it was important city and a large population center in a land without many of those - some of the local vampires might date back to colonial days. That said I can also see how it would have changed hands between the Sabbat and the Camarilla a few times. Maybe Petrus was in San Antonio in 2006 formalizing Camarilla control over the place, following the abandonment of the Sabbat.

Comment

Working...
                        X