Animalism is the new Auspex?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Animalism is the new Auspex?

With the new Tzimisce Protean Power One with the Land, the vampire experiences events within his abode through the senses of animals: "If the events are discreet or intentionally hidden, a Wits + Animalism test vs. the relevant opposing dice pool used is required." Is this basically like the Auspex power Sense the Unseen, able to break even Obfuscate? With the Level 1 power Sense the Beast, Animalism doubles down on infringing some of the old Auspex aura reading, on the other Hand new level 3 Auspex Share the Senses borders on Subsuming the Spirit of Animalism.
    I must say I like it. Animalism becomes more useful and the change in Tzimisce Clan Disciplines makes much more sense this way. Bravo!
    I would even change the new Protean/Animalism Amalgam into an Animalism 5 Power (Amalgam Protean 3) because it fits Animalism more (you have to compare it to the Blood & Smoke level 5 Animalism power Lord of the Land) so the Tzimisce is free to take Fleshcraft instead of Earth Meld. And allow the sleeping Dragon to use Animalism Powers via his extendes Senses, obviously ... maybe also Dominate (through animal eyes) and Protean/Viscissitude?
    Last edited by Nehekhare; 01-03-2021, 11:26 AM.

I felt the same about it- Making it a Animalism 5/Protean Amalgam is more sensible imho.

I wrote a review about the the powers in the companion. And also how to homebrew them:
    http://forum.theonyxpath.com/forum/m...tique-comments

Gamelines: Requiem, Lost, Awakening, Trinity Continuum: Aeon, some V5.
    Likes cheesecake (quark-based)

Comment

Originally posted by maekkel View Post
      I felt the same about it- Making it a Animalism 5/Protean Amalgam is more sensible imho.

I wrote a review about the the powers in the companion. And also how to homebrew them:
      http://forum.theonyxpath.com/forum/m...tique-comments

I read it while waiting to be allowed to post on the board, very nice. I very much agree on Viscissitude being "declawed" (brilliant!) - in the very literal sense that it replaces Protean Claws with a power that is, if more versatile, pretty much worse in every way. I guess the way it is written we will see Tzimisce dumping one physical stat to replace lvl 1 dots with lvl 5 dots in the other two stats (a wierd way to save XP, not much else), plus good looks. Armor is technically useless for Vampires anyway, which has to be an oversight. I'm not yet sure if Shapechanging into a Wolf or Bear isn't a much better investment if you need to get physical than that horrid, Horrid Form that is left now with filling the 3rd physical stat. The real bummer is Fleshcraft,though. What does it even do that the Medicine Ability doesn't? Not create Szlachta or Vozhd for sure - their Weapons and Stats are beyond what the Amalgams are capable of as per RAW, which just doesn't seem right to miss out on Earthmeld for, especially considering the Clan Flaw. I also miss Fleshhounds. Ah, now that turned into a bit of a rant... so yeah, I am beginning to relate to the old "Old Clan", which you called "Weird Gangrel for the Cities, but more Stoker like”. I like my classics evermore.
      Last edited by Nehekhare; 01-05-2021, 09:42 AM.

Comment

This is way of the Spirit, Genus Locii from Koldunism and yes its alway been better than Auspex about breaking stuff

Comment

That is the one functional argument for remaining a Protean Amalgam: By RAW, the Tzimisce are divided into Fleshcrafters and Landlords/Koldun/Old Clan, up to the point of viewing Viscissitude as an alien infection (cf. Dirty Secrets of the Black Hand). The former just need some work, hopefully in the upcoming Sabbat book.

Comment

Regarding the divide of Vampire Dittos vs. Stokers due to power overlap, I´d rather rewrite Protean, and make Earthmeld a 1st dot power.
            Regarding alien infection from the controversial DSotBH: I´m almost sure that this will be cut out, Maybe they keep the Talmahe'Ra as an conspiracy inside the Black Hand. Why? It´s hyperspecific, and as V5 is going way more vague on lore things - i hope they but this into the bin.

Szlachta & Vozhd are mentioned but just not descriped rulewise how to create them - a Szlachta would at least be 3 dot Retainer with extra features.

Gamelines: Requiem, Lost, Awakening, Trinity Continuum: Aeon, some V5.
            Likes cheesecake (quark-based)

Comment

Working...
            X