Talking in Animal Form: What should I charge? [V5]

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Talking in Animal Form: What should I charge? [V5]

I have a gangrel in the chronicle I run who wants to be able to talk in animal form. There are no powers or merits that allow this, but in game they recently ran into a Tzimicie who offer their services to the coterie. The player is thinking since there re no merits maybe the flesh crafter can make a modification to his animal forms.

I am OK with this. Since it is a relatively minor procedure I didn't want to charge an attribute for it. So I was thinking maybe make a merit to cover it. The question is dot rating. I was thinking 2 dot. Does that sound reasonable?

Dude should have chosen a raven (or parrot) for one of his animal forms and gotten human speech for free!

As for cost, a 1 dot Merit lets you learn another language, making yourself understood to people who wouldn't have been able to if you didn't share that language. I think that's a good guideline for the amount of utility the modification represents.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt the Bruins fan View Post
      Dude should have chosen a raven (or parrot) for one of his animal forms and gotten human speech for free!

As for cost, a 1 dot Merit lets you learn another language, making yourself understood to people who wouldn't have been able to if you didn't share that language. I think that's a good guideline for the amount of utility the modification represents.
      Good point.

Comment

I disagree, learning another language isn't the same as learning to speak entirely. It's certainly not overpowered, but being able to clearly communicate with peers without having to repeatedly burn blood transforming back and forth is a considerable boon. I would say your original feeling of two dots is fair.

Comment

a 2 point merit seems about right for something a Gangrel could develop. A talking animal isn't going to break the game for 2 points.

Comment

Working...
          X